Space Command Clipper Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly if the man is not returning to show his work on this thread the Mods should lock it down, so it won't be some type of debat thread just my opinion.

It's my take that Steve is a little sensitive right now, and that he needs to retract a bit from the nonsense. It's an artist thing, and he is a GREAT artist.
Personally, I dig this place, and given my NY bred 'effue' temperament, no one could chase me off. But not everyone is a Bruce Lee wannabe like me.
I wish Steve (my Enterprise Yoda) well, and I continue to love this forum.

Can we talk models again? 'Cause that's the part I like!:thumbsup

Commander Max, in your opinion, at what point should the staff enter a discussion or moderate? Preemptive strike? How? Mind reading? Where´s the line?

The "sueing" remark is totally unnecessary. Art provides a fun place for people to hang out and enjoy their hobby, and then you say he should get sued for not being able to watch each and every post and everybody´s behaviour?! Really? How the heck should that be done? Again, mind reading? This is where the community comes in and a good portion of self policing within the restrictions of the RPF member guidelines.
I was only stating that it has happened on other boards, and it should be very much on the minds of the staff. Since your providing a venue for this activity to take place. Liability is a touchy and complex subject.

Yeas ago, a few of us did find a way to take care of the trolls. You let them have it out, eventually everybody gets it out of their system. Things then get real dull. Plus we found that trolls work best in a moderated environment, the more moderation the better it is for the trolls. But put a troll in an environment where he will get what he is dishing out. They will behave themselves because there is a consequence for their actions. Just banning somebody really has no teeth, these days it's easy to come back.
But put them up to ridicule, that has very different results.

That board worked for a time until that board changed ownership. Then it fell into obscurity.

THere´s always a bully and someone who lets himself being bullied. And there´s always the buddies who help their bullied friend. Do not feed the trolls or the bullies.
You haven't been bullied much have you?

Out of my experience. I was bullied from kindergarten through college. I tried everything except violence, nothing worked. I learned the hard way that you have to stand up to a bully or things will never change. No teacher or buddy will step in, because bullies know when to strike. Same goes here, it's even worse because it's fueled by hearsay.

This hobby has a large number of individuals who are threatened by anybody they perceive is better than themselves. So they will do anything they can to damage that individual. When in reality if they spent half the effort they put into harming another, their skills would be just as great.

Jealously is a strong drive over some people, I've never understood it.
All they are going to accomplish is to drive away those things that would really astonish all of you. This hobby and board really suffers for it. The worst part about it, you'll never get those guys to post again. All the same nonsense will happen all over again.

Only if that experience was made first hand here on the RPF. And even then I´d like to hear the story, since i can´t remember something like that happening in the last three years.
It was before that and ancient history. It's quite a sore spot for me. It makes me question every time I hit the "submit reply" button. That I'm going to find myself banned after I post(regardless of the topic).

Of course Steve is "within his rights to want to come back"! "Rights" ... and "sueing" ... don´t you think that those terms are completely out of place here the way they were used?

Steve won´t come back, and that is damn sad. But now pointing fingers in the direction of the staff for not taking action or not acting fast enough is definitely not a fair thing to do.
It is their board, they can do what they want. But you have to remember that we are dealing with human beings. I don't think the terms are out of place, often times people have to sue to get others to act if they have been wronged. It's my understanding that it is a major function of US law. We have to sue to protect our rights. That has been perverted over the years.

Art, straight up it has nothing to do with having a thick skin.
It has everything to do with the annoyance factor.

Case in point, look what happened with James Latta.

With that I've sad my bit, I'm done.

I have to agree, & it should be cleaned up. This thread should be left about build.

Let people vent first get every thing out our some one will find another topic an debate their. It won't stop it, once people forget then clean it up

Art, straight up it has nothing to do with having a thick skin.
It has everything to do with the annoyance factor.

Case in point, look what happened with James Latta.

With that I've sad my bit, I'm done.

I will agree with art on this one. Let's be honest, every one will have a comment about you it will be either good or bad. In the realm of being an artist/hobbiest you will be under scrutiny if left in a public setting every ones opinion will very. The people that are able to take criticism will become a better artist/hobbiest an their work will improve.

However when comes to assaulting an individual that is no longer trolling. That is just bad character at least with the Internet you can always turn it off.

It's a shame about Steve but oh well what can you do won't be the last.

You know this would never happen in a star wars model thread. Bloody Trekkies .... I don't know.:behave

Last edited:
That's funny but please it's Bloody Trekies.....get the spelling correct....this thread is pretty much pointless now that Steve is gone, it should be closed.

to bad on Steve loved the build... it is still up in youtube..

Last edited:
Whats the point of allowing this thread to be open? I saw Art even commented on it recently he had to see now that it's not about a build thread anymore it's becoming some joke thread. The Mods should do the right thing and lock it down unless they know that Steve is coming back to it.

Time-honoured RPF tradition. It's like an Irish wake. If you flame out of your thread or the forum itself, everybody piles in and has a few drinks and dances a jig around the grave.

Edit: 'dancing a jig around the grave' may sound a bit nastier than I meant it to. Hopefully you get what I mean. Stress relief maybe? Not usually celebration, anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: REL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back