Space Command Clipper Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you subscribe to his blog or youtube channel, you'll be able to keep up with his projects.

Still, he was one of maybe half a dozen on the General Modeling forum whose work I would follow even if I didn't care for that particular model. Case in point: the Daedalus is a really clunky design, but I learned so much from his build thread that I've come to like the ship in spite of myself.

He is done with it. I don't think the staff can fix this one. He has been through the same thing on other boards.

This sort of thing goes on all of the time, there is nothing the staff can do about it. It's like controlling bullies in a playground, no matter what you do. Bullies are still going to bully.

We have had one member who first gave a positive review but then found out after quite some time that there are issues with a kit. His complaints were not done very classy, and unfortunately there was someone else who thought it a good idea to start trolling. And a third one who though he´d have to chime in. Then we have all of us here, who are more than positive and show support for Steve.

Besides when you try to stand up for yourself, the mods will come down on you too. So it's just not worth it, there is no way to win. So better not to play.

Total bull, sorry, and unfortunately I have to say that time and time again. Please see the thread that Oneye started about "speaking truthfully on the RPF". That thread was actually about the issue Jerry and Rich/Oneye had with Steve. Oneye thought it a good idea to create that thread, conveniently timed after me stepping down as a moderator. Not a straight shooter.

But let me say it again: if you have something to say, say it in a polite way. No issue here on the RPF. You can of course fight for yourself, but this has to be done in a civil manner. Name calling in the heat of a fight? Bad idea. A violation of the RPF member guidelines is still a violation, regardless of the intent or how well deserved the other party is called a name.

And bullies have been and will be shown the door here at the RPF.

The main problem here in this case was that it´s kind of tough to counter allegations that are just thrown around and can´t be debunked.
But then again I think that the videos that Steve posted of the making of the actual saucer and then in comparison Jerry´s video should be enough for everyone to come to their own conclusions.
I don´t think that one single amateur will be able to tarnish the reputation of a professional builder. People just have to look at the videos. And anyone who says that the amateur vid is up to par with the pro´s vids should probably put off the booze and take a long, long walk to get their minds free again.

Steve being hurt is understandable, but I think that people know who is to be believed.

There are projects out there you guys will never see. All because some troll thought he was cool.

So the RPF is punished for that single troll. One bad apple has spoiled it for all the good people around here who have supported Steve all around. I really hope that Steve will rethink his decision.

Steve, shrug it off and come back, will ya. That´s what the ignore button is for ;)

Hopefully the troll gets a boot in the @ss or this site is going to lose more folks posting stuff due to not wanting trolls around. If he doesn't' get banned everyone should just put him on their ignore list and do no business with him.

Steve was THE main reason I get on the board everyday.

It sucks that we have to suffer because of some A-Hole. I will leave it at that because
I am so pissed off right now that I am dangerously close to getting banned!!!!

I am Kenny May and I support Steve Neill 100% !!!!!!!!

Daddy from Naboo, I can only say you don't know the whole story. It's not my place to say anything more.

Yes, bullies are shown the door around here. But at what cost?
What about the damage they caused while playing their games? Other message boards have been successfully sued for allowing this behavior to go unchecked. Especially when it effects the mark's ability to make a living.
There is one other thing to consider, and it's impossible to gauge. How this sort of thing effects the membership. How many others see this going on and say, forget participating if that is going to happen.
Out of my own experience being polite to a bully will only get you more bullying. These guys are real good at playing the game, no matter how many rules you make. They will work in them and around them to get their mark.

I'm sorry but your total bull line is incorrect, you'll have to argue with my own experience.

Just using the ignore button is fine, but if a bully makes it his mission to make your life miserable. The ignore button will only act as a placebo.

Steve is within his rights to not want to come back, after all if it ceases to be fun why hang around(I grapple with this myself).

Steve was THE main reason I get on the board everyday.

It sucks that we have to suffer because of some A-Hole. I will leave it at that because
I am so pissed off right now that I am dangerously close to getting banned!!!!

I am Kenny May and I support Steve Neill 100% !!!!!!!!

Sadly the longer this goes unresolved the worse it will be as more people get angry and leave or just stop posting their projects.
Edit: I can verify that he's done with the RPF having just heard from him.

Last edited:
Daddy from Naboo, I can only say you don't know the whole story. It's not my place to say anything more.

What about the damage they caused while playing their games? Other message boards have been successfully sued for allowing this behavior to go unchecked. Especially when it effects the mark's ability to make a living.
There is one other thing to consider, and it's impossible to gauge. How this sort of thing effects the membership. How many others see this going on and say, forget participating if that is going to happen.
Out of my own experience being polite to a bully will only get you more bullying. These guys are real good at playing the game, no matter how many rules you make. They will work in them and around them to get their mark.

I'm sorry but your total bull line is incorrect, you'll have to argue with my own experience.

Just using the ignore button is fine, but if a bully makes it his mission to make your life miserable. The ignore button will only act as a placebo.

Steve is within his rights to not want to come back, after all if it ceases to be fun why hang around(I grapple with this myself).

Perfect example of dealing with people right here!
Personally I don't get along with Max.........that doesn't mean
he can't make a good point! That doesn't mean i can't separate
my personal issues and see a good point........
What I am saying is if I left tomorrow Max is not going to have a broken heart, and visa versa! it would be our choice to leave........the man left
it was his choice......many times people fight they stay on these boards and go on to be fine. Sorry i am maybe in the minority here? I don't see anyone Iconic here I see many good builders .........so I just don't understand the whining about it? If the man is happy about not being here then be happy for him go to his blog......watch the videos.

I agree with max....... it's a choice at the end of the day!
Steve is within his rights to not want to come back, after all if it ceases to be fun why hang around(I grapple with this myself).[/QUOTE]

Also to the credit of the RPF i don't see a lot of bullying.......
so I think that's a little overrated when used as an issue here!

Michael, your post and reaction now shines a different light onto a very recent issue, and past issues. All I can say is that you´ve just made it pretty much clear to me what kind of person you are.

Oh I am shaking now.......because you think you know so much about me,
you think thats going to really change my life or make me feel bad.......seriously
get real!

I have never gotten a warning on the rpf for anything since 2009.......I had
one thing about Steve that you took out of context.......that me and him spoke
about via PM! And you said yourself you removed it because you din't know what I was saying
exactly!

Last edited:

What about the damage they caused while playing their games? Other message boards have been successfully sued for allowing this behavior to go unchecked.

Commander Max, in your opinion, at what point should the staff enter a discussion or moderate? Preemptive strike? How? Mind reading? Where´s the line?

The "sueing" remark is totally unnecessary. Art provides a fun place for people to hang out and enjoy their hobby, and then you say he should get sued for not being able to watch each and every post and everybody´s behaviour?! Really? How the heck should that be done? Again, mind reading? This is where the community comes in and a good portion of self policing within the restrictions of the RPF member guidelines.

Especially when it effects the mark's ability to make a living.

THere´s always a bully and someone who lets himself being bullied. And there´s always the buddies who help their bullied friend. Do not feed the trolls or the bullies.

Only if that experience was made first hand here on the RPF. And even then I´d like to hear the story, since i can´t remember something like that happening in the last three years.

Just usng the ignore button is fine, but if a bully makes it his mission to make your life miserable. The ignore button will only act as a placebo.

Of course Steve is "within his rights to want to come back"! "Rights" ... and "sueing" ... don´t you think that those terms are completely out of place here the way they were used?

Steve won´t come back, and that is damn sad. But now pointing fingers in the direction of the staff for not taking action or not acting fast enough is definitely not a fair thing to do.

Oh I am shaking now.......because you think you know so much about me,
you think thats going to really change my life or make me feel bad.......seriously
get real!

No, I actually don´t. But I know how to interpret the conversation we had not too long ago. Your tone was quite different when i still sported that "RPF staff" tag below my nickname.

Michael

No, I actually don´t. But I know how to interpret the conversation we had not too long ago. Your tone was quite different when i still sported that "RPF staff" tag below my nickname.

Michael

Exactly and your wrong go back and read what i edited in my post!!!!!!!!!
Yea you don't know! I was never intimidated by you .......please I told you the truth,
go ask Steve if we had a PM about the topic your talking about!

Here:

I have never gotten a warning on the rpf for anything since 2009.......I had
one thing about Steve that you took out of context.......that me and him spoke
about via PM! And you said yourself you removed it because you din't know what I was saying
exactly!

Last edited:
Exactly and your wrong go back and read what i edited in my post!!!!!!!!!
Yea you don't know! I was never intimidated by you .......please I told you the truth,
go ask Steve if we had a PM about the topic your talking about!

Why retconning a post? You could have just added it to your last post.
But I can´t help it, the issue you are referring to looks a tad bit different to me since you posted in Jerry´s thread. Especially if I remember the timing correctly.
But no worries, I am not a moderator anymore ;)

EDIT: And that is not tragic, since the current staff members of course do their job and know how to do it.

Michael

You got stuff twisted in your mind man for real.......you got
every one pegged guilty eh......you need to wake up!

As a former mod you did a great job dirtying up a thread
that was trying to get back on track .........the same stuff
you used to clean up you went and dumped! Because I was
interested in seeing that build I am guilty? That PM you sent me was
at least 2 weeks ago man are you for real dude?:facepalm

i think its interesting that you call me an amiture?? dude im so glad your no longer a mod as are others that have e-mailed me, in the past you were a bully then as you are now!

one question, what does me being an "amiture" have a dang thing to do with a kit that the fiberglass work was clearly not done correctly as stated to me by two profesionals???

you stated to me in a pm when you were being ( yet agian) a bully on my thread that "steve is a god amongst us mortals" when it comes to model making, you are out of line sir!!!! your mind was made up before as to who was wrong or right and nothing is going to change that now.
please show me where i wasnt very classy??? i brought the issue up with steve and he turned me down for replace ment parts that I OFFERED TO PAY HIM FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
none of you know the whole story, no one!
and no im not slinging more mud into this, you need to keep your mouth shut as you dont have all the facts

You got stuff twisted in your mind man for real.......you got
every one pegged guilty eh......you need to wake up!

Nah, just taking a closer look at things ;)

As a former mod you did a great job dirtying up a thread
that was trying to get back on track .........the same stuff
you used to clean up you went and dumped! Because I was
interested in seeing that build I am guilty? That PM you sent me was
at least 2 weeks ago man are you for real dude?:facepalm

Puh-lease. "Trying to get back on track" ... it did not even get sidetracked, because the issue in it was directly related to the build.
I was merely enjoying my newfound "freedom" as a general member.

And again, just counting two and two together. Besides that, watch your language a bit more, will ya?

Nah, just taking a closer look at things ;)

Puh-lease. "Trying to get back on track" ... it did not even get sidetracked, because the issue in it was directly related to the build.
I was merely enjoying my newfound "freedom" as a general member.

And again, just counting two and two together. Besides that, watch your language a bit more, will ya?

You should be proud as a new "General Member" don't count me
in on that I never did what you did in that thread ever!

........the man left
it was his choice......many times people fight they stay on these boards and go on to be fine. Sorry i am maybe in the minority here? I don't see anyone Iconic here I see many good builders .........so I just don't understand the whining about it? If the man is happy about not being here then be happy for him go to his blog......watch the videos.

You really do not understand the appreciation that many here had for Steve. He gave openly and he was the epitome of what a forum is and should be. I know it's no big deal for you that Steve left but for me and others It is.

Let me preface my responses to specific posts by making a general statement that I am sad to see that Steve has chosen to not participate at the RPF due to a single negative interaction. With that being said, it is certainly his choice to participate or not and while I can't honestly say I respect the decision he has made or how he acted on the way out, those choices were his to make. His contributions to the community will be missed.

This sort of thing has happened a lot on this board over the years.
The really good guys get pushed out by the jerks. This community isn't large enough to replace the loss(not easily).

There are reasons some of us are not comfortable posting our stuff here.
This is an example of one of them.

Welcome to the internet. You post this as if this issue is something specific to this site when it most certainly is not. Open and often brutal criticism due to the anonymity the internet provides has been a cornerstone since its advent... which is interesting because it seems that at the same time that the internet has allowed more people to be more rude, we have also seen a thinning of people's skin due to the changes in the social climate of our world to the point that no one thinks they should ever be criticized in any way for any thing. So you have people who have been empowered to speak more openly without thinking while others are more sensitive to that kind of speech than ever. Again, let's not pretend this is an RPF issue. It is an issue everywhere and those who decide to allow one person to cause them to take their ball and go home in a huff are as much at fault as the antagonizers.

He is done with it. I don't think the staff can fix this one. He has been through the same thing on other boards.

This sort of thing goes on all of the time, there is nothing the staff can do about it. It's like controlling bullies in a playground, no matter what you do. Bullies are still going to bully.

Thank you for correcting your previous statement. However, I disagree with your belief that there is nothing the staff can do about bullies. There is most definitely something the staff can do but ONLY if we are notified that something is going on. The first off-color comments in trooper's thread were made on the 11th. The first time one of those comments were reported was very late on the 14th. As we have stated time and again, we do not "patrol" the site. We do not LOOK for problems. The site gets over 1,800 new posts each day... it is physically impossible to read every one. We have a very clear reporting system and when an issue is reported, we deal with it as quickly as possible. We don't acquiesce to every demand made by a reporter, but we do look at every issue. As we have also stated time and again, we have no desire to change anyone or to be their parent. A bully IS still going to be a bully, but if they are a bully here for very long and we are alerted to it, they won't be welcome here and will have to do their bullying elsewhere.

Besides when you try to stand up for yourself, the mods will come down on you too. So it's just not worth it, there is no way to win. So better not to play.

As Michael has correctly stated already, this is utterly untrue. You most certainly CAN stand up for yourself, but if instead of standing up, you choose to stoop to the level of a troublemaker and break the rules of the site, yup, you are going to get smacked. The issue is that most people want to fight fire with fire and that is not the appropriate response. There are plenty of instances where a mature member has put a bully or a troublemaker in their place without resorting to immature actions to get their point across. If you can't do so, there is always the report button.

There are projects out there you guys will never see. All because some troll thought he was cool.

I have no doubt this is true, but again, this comes down to a matter of those who can't take a certain amount of heat needing to stay out of the kitchen, off facebook, off forums, and off any other platform that might allow anyone to interact with them in any way that they don't have complete control over. Don't mistake my comments as being directed specifically at Steve. This would apply to anyone who is too afraid to post in a public place due to the fear of a heckler or someone not simply pouring out praise and adulation. In the real world, not everything is roses and we all need to grow just a bit of a thicker hide and be willing to defend what we have done... not hide in a cave for fear of someone saying they don't like some aspect of something we created. And we don't need to look and wish for a police state to protect us from every evil. Do you REALLY want the staff to become more involved in the day to day interactions of the site just so your feelings can be protected? Just what freedoms would you be willing to throw away for that level of protection and invasion?

Hopefully the troll gets a boot in the @ss or this site is going to lose more folks posting stuff due to not wanting trolls around. If he doesn't' get banned everyone should just put him on their ignore list and do no business with him.

Oneye has resigned his membership to the RPF, so everyone can lay down their pitchforks and torches.

Given your comments, I would argue that it is YOU who don't know the whole story given some of the comments you have made, especially pertaining to the site and the staff.

Have site's been successfully sued over similar issues? Yes. Have many? No. Considering the nature of this issue, when things were brought to the staff's attention and our speed at handling the issue once we were alerted, anyone would have an uphill battle ahead of them if they chose to attempt to pursue a lawsuit and would likely find themselves in more trouble than they might think given the disdain certain states now have against wasting the court's time with frivolous legal issues. In regard to effecting someone ability to make a living, it would be VERY difficult for someone to show that less than a dozen comments made on a tiny forum within a tiny site on the internet that was visible for less an 4 days (and less than 24 hours from when it was reported) has dramatically affected their ability to make a living selling unlicensed prop replicas.

On a final note, I would caution anyone from making any more statements regarding any legal action as we have a very low tolerance for any kind of talk that might be construed as threatening or encouraging others to threaten this community of fans.

It would certainly be difficult to put a figure next to this, but considering the overall size and activity of modeling forums here on the site, I would say the effects will be minimal at best. People who already have a chip on their shoulder or a bone to pick will use this situation as an opportunity to shore up the preconceived notions they already hold. Most everyone else? They will just carry on as normal, regretting, as do I, that Steve is no longer among us. As I said in my opening sentences, it is indeed a loss to the community if Steve chooses not to participate here, but it is just as much a loss for him as it is to us as he will have lost at least one soapbox from which he was able to show off his wares and services to an eager audience. The same would be true of any other builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back