Space Command Clipper Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
^what he said^

I only found this thread from the start of the clipper build (unfortunately for me), and the techniques he kindly shared were great, not to mention exactly what I need as I'm about to use some of his methods for a project I'm working on. Untill I saw his vblog, I had no idea how I was going make my mould. I've also learned a great deal about skratch building models that I would never have known about otherwise, so in the hope we see you again Steve, thank you, thank you, thank you for enriching my life :)

I too am sad to see him go. If you want to follow his videos if he still makes them, go to the latest YouTube video and subscribe to him. Youtube will send you email notifications when he posts new videos.

Steve, we love you, man! You're the best of the best.
Don't stay away long, but if you do, best of luck in everything!! Everything.

Chris

I was really enjoying this video series. It seems that every silver lining always has a cloud...

Steve, we love you, man! You're the best of the best.
Don't stay away long, but if you do, best of luck in everything!! Everything.

Chris
I can't say it better than that. I think I'm going to be sick :(

I hope this will be only temporary, and that you'll find your way back Steve. Having gotten to know you and think of you as a friend, has given me a whole new perspective on the films you worked on. It's like I have a personal connection to some movies that I already loved. Your insights into the film making industry, the personal stories, and all the great things you built and lessons you taught us made the RPF a little more special. And it will be so unspecial without you.

He's working his ass off on multiple projects, answering emails & making documentaries in 100F heat. That merits a little slack in my book. Hopefully he's just taking a break from us.

Steve good luck with your girl. I hope she feels better soon.

Mike

Well that sucks...

Edit: After reading that thread, I don't know all the behind the scenes stuff, I'm not in a position to say who was right or wrong, but in general the public slamming of another member should be reserved for AFTER the PM route has been exhausted. That goes for all members whether they're high profile or not.

I agree to the point that this should be made policy.

Why there are those who never grew up beyond the need of a baby-sitter is beyond me.

Be well, Steve Neill.:thumbsup

Last edited:
I've learned SOOO much from watching his builds. Used many of the techniques in my own recent builds.

A shame Steve got scared off by one bad interaction.

There's a thousand other people who love the work he does.

Nick

My first post here on this forum was to compliment Steve. I'm a fan Steve, don't let the lowlifes drag you down man, haters gonna hate.

Hey guys,

can we hold back with the mourning until we are sure what will happen?

I am sure that the staff is going to adress this issue, since I do not see that it will be tolerated that any member will be "driven off the board" by a bunch of trolls.

Hey guys,

can we hold back with the mourning until we are sure what will happen?

I am sure that the staff is going to adress this issue, since I do not see that it will be tolerated that any member will be "driven off the board" by a bunch of trolls.
He is done with it. I don't think the staff can fix this one. He has been through the same thing on other boards.

This sort of thing goes on all of the time, there is nothing the staff can do about it. It's like controlling bullies in a playground, no matter what you do. Bullies are still going to bully.

Besides when you try to stand up for yourself, the mods will come down on you too. So it's just not worth it, there is no way to win. So better not to play.

There are projects out there you guys will never see. All because some troll thought he was cool.

Oh this sucks! I was coming to check on this build because he updates regularly and makes fun and entertaining videos not counting all the informative points he shares and I don't even like Star Trek but he makes me interested in the models

I respect Steve's sensitivities about what's happened to him with another board member, but I can't see how that has anything to do with this thread or the Clipper project... No one here has given him anything but positive vibes and encouragement about what he's accomplished with this. Hopefully he'll think things through and be back shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back