Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club (PIC HEAVY!)

Re: Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club UPDATE 03 January (PIC HEAVY!)

The spine looks Great! I can't wait to see how it looks when completed! That was hard luck with the moulding incident.....I am sure you will resolve it, for sure. :)

falling behind = The long view.

I'm way behind you mate. There is a lot to be said for <thinking time> it has it's place. I must have drawn and redrawn the eagle and parts in sketchup more times than is possibly healthy. But I hope it eases the eventual build.

Currently, breakfast cereals, are losing their outer vestments. In a very mysterious way!

3n

Hmm..naked cereal?
I can't figure this one out!!

And you're right about the time/progress thing. I guess I'm just feeling guilty for taking December "off"! I have been doing "behind the scenes" stuff, like acquiring parts I will need...so I guess it wasn't a total loss, at that!

HELLO BOYS! Its Spine Time! LOL :lol well next week after one build commission I need to knock out I will sit down and have many hours of cussing and frustration ahead of me. I was trying to get in touch with this guy Daniel something and Chris Trice who made some nice detailed Eagle blueprints, emailed them a couple of times but no response maybe they went out of business so I'll have to work with a set of less detailed prints I bought off of Ebay and wing the rest so here's my tubing stash for now :lol.

Thanks a bunch, Ray: now I've got a Kenny Rodgers song stuck in my head...
"You picked a spine time to leave me, Lucille" :lol

Well, all being well, Bob, you should have a chance to play a little catch up now that you are on down time from work :)

Okay guys I'm still plugging away on this finally casted the 2 resin halfs of the CM and cut 2 of the window sections out and blocked them out now just need to do the other two and the suface panels.
IMG_20130108_114412.jpg

IMG_20130108_114333.jpg

IMG_20130108_114319.jpg

IMG_20130108_114909.jpg

IMG_20130108_155849.jpg

IMG_20130108_155825.jpg

IMG_20130108_155809.jpg

Last edited:

:loveI'm all grabby hands at the screen!!! Yum yum, me want one!!! :love

Thanks guys it's slowly getting there, how many Eagle builds are going on in here?

Thanks guys it's slowly getting there, how many Eagle builds are going on in here?

I was just wondering the same thing! We went from two...then three..to suddenly what seemed about forty-six! :lol

I was telling Darren that the way it's going, we'd probably have enough builds here to complete a whole fleet of twenty-eight Eagles!

Hmm..maybe we should each number ours differently. Then we really would have a whole fleet! :)

Wel there's:

1. Atlanthia (me) 52.25" Eagle
2. LMFAOSchwarz 39" Eagle
3. F3nri5 52.25" Eagle
4. 8 perf, 23" Eagle
5. Barrie, 44" Eagle
6. crackerjazz, 44" Eagle?
7. Ray22 (you) 22" Eagle
8. Greylocke who is not actually building at present but is writing Space 1999 short stories and designing around them. Plus, he makes a great cup o' tea! :)
So there you go! The more, the merrier, I say as someone will always have an update to share or some info to impart...:)

Hmm..maybe we should each number ours differently. Then we really would have a whole fleet! :)

Sounds like a plan, but mine is staying as Eagle 1 :lol

Wel there's:

1. Atlanthia (me) 52.25" Eagle
2. LMFAOSchwarz 39" Eagle
3. F3nri5 52.25" Eagle
4. 8 perf, 23" Eagle
5. Barrie, 44" Eagle
6. crackerjazz, 44" Eagle?
7. Ray22 (you) 22" Eagle
8. Greylocke who is not actually building at present but is writing Space 1999 short stories and designing around them. Plus, he makes a great cup o' tea! :)

Looks like Ray, 8 perf and I are the oddballs, size-wise! That's ok, though: ours would be great for the mid-range distance in "forced perspective" shots! :)

(Well, provided mine was filmed from the right side, that is!)

Well, ray and 8perf's builds are pretty much studio scale, as they were originally built in three sizes for filming: 12, 22 and 44 inches.
So, it's me, you and F3nri5 who are the oddballs. :unsure.

Nothing new there then.......:lol
Whoa! 5am here! Night all! :)

:eek Oh, boy, what's my name doing in that list - Darren.....Daaarennnn! I haven't even got any blueprints on hand yet. And not the slightest idea on how to begin building - a 44-inch one at that! I'm a big fan of you all Darren and co., and I dream of building one myself - that's what I remember saying. But....so be it...I'll build one, too...I'll take that list as an inspiration. But please don't expect anything quick from me as I don't fly like Ray or you guys. I'm a turtle of a builder.

:eek Oh, boy, what's my name doing in that list - Darren.....Daaarennnn! I haven't even got any blueprints on hand yet. And not the slightest idea on how to begin building - a 44-inch one at that! I'm a big fan of you all Darren and co., and I dream of building one myself - that's what I remember saying. But....so be it...I'll build one, too...I'll take that list as an inspiration. But please don't expect anything quick from me as I don't fly like Ray or you guys. I'm a turtle of a builder.

That's ok, cracker...I started with minimal blueprints and planning. And if I can do it, you of all people certainly can!

But no hurry, as you say: I know you'll be busy designing and printing the phaser bank for your lunar module! :lol

:$ Sorry about that, crackerjazz..............:love

I could certainly help you out on the blueprint side of things, and if you prefer, I could put you down for a different size than a 44 inch Eagle. :)

Cracker - I got you beat on the speed build thing. i started on mine close to 18 years ago!!! :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back