Soooooooo...this new Hasbro 6" scale snowspeeder

Okay this is temporary using an old piece of scratched acrylic and a wood base. It's too small and eventually will be on a larger mirror /wood base but you get the idea.

Also I tried acetone for the horrible smears and it did not work. Looking at the AMAZING totally new mold Snowspeeder Hasbro did a few years back and the Master Replicas, various Studio Scale versions, etc. I think an entire repaint is in order.

Although Hasbro really dropped the ball on some features I still love this thing and am thrilled I have it. A steal at the price in my humble opinion.

View attachment 1333488
View attachment 1333489

Hmmmm.....Acetone worked really well for me. I was using a paper towel and rubbed right off. You window saga has me wondering a bit. It brings up a small hurdle as you can see the clear part on the edges. Dremel tool to the rescue!

I hate the canopy. I don't think I will ever get it looking like it should.

**************MONEY MAKING OPPORTUNITY****************

If someone wanted to 3d print the canopy I am sure many would buy it. I know I would.
Not that I’m trying to stop anyone from making money, but I will definitely be producing a 3D model of the canopy, and when I do the file will be available for free on thingiverse. To be honest it should not [edit] be a complex model to make (famous last words) but I have been busy lately. I think I’ll probably get it done within a month, but don’t hold me to that.

Due to the way the canopy attaches I will probably model it so that you have to cut off the rear hinge part of the main canopy and glue that to the 3D printed resin part, because resin doesn’t flex like the existing plastic so if I printed the hinge part it would likely break when being installed. I don’t know how good the plastic is at being glued, but I could maybe make a recess in the printed part that would allow a thin piece of sheet styrene or metal to be inserted to strengthen it. I would also miss off the catches which keep the canopy closed at the front, as I doubt the resin print would survive the strain of being repeatedly opened and closed.

Not that I’m trying to stop anyone from making money, but I will definitely be producing a 3D model of the canopy, and when I do the file will be available for free on thingiverse. To be honest it should not [edit] be a complex model to make (famous last words) but I have been busy lately. I think I’ll probably get it done within a month, but don’t hold me to that.

Due to the way the canopy attaches I will probably model it so that you have to cut off the rear hinge part of the main canopy and glue that to the 3D printed resin part, because resin doesn’t flex like the existing plastic so if I printed the hinge part it would likely break when being installed. I don’t know how good the plastic is at being glued, but I could maybe make a recess in the printed part that would allow a thin piece of sheet styrene or metal to be inserted to strengthen it. I would also miss off the catches which keep the canopy closed at the front, as I doubt the resin print would survive the strain of being repeatedly opened and closed.

You are my new best friend. Could you offer a run for those of us that don't have 3D printers yet?

Hmmmm.....Acetone worked really well for me. I was using a paper towel and rubbed right off. You window saga has me wondering a bit. It brings up a small hurdle as you can see the clear part on the edges. Dremel tool to the rescue!

I used actual nail polish remover. It did nothing. Did you use that or straight Acetone?

On the canopy yes that is one of many problems. I was considering dremeling more, then laying thin pieces in the frame, etc.. Then I decided to wait as I knew one of our awesome members will do a 3D version.

Straight Acetone. It has to be wet obviously and you have a short working window from applying it to a rag and wiping it off. But it came right off.

Im gonna attack the windows with a Dremel and file. Then paint the 'sills' with a close enough grey.

You are my new best friend. Could you offer a run for those of us that don't have 3D printers yet?
to be honest I’m not sure it would be economical for anyone unless they’re in Europe, due to postage costs - but if there’s someone on therpf who’s willing to do the printing and posting stuff out for a reasonable price then I’d be happy for them to use the files.

What about the 3D printing site where you upload your design, I buy it, they print it and mail it to me, and you get some money? The name escapes me right now.

Straight Acetone. It has to be wet obviously and you have a short working window from applying it to a rag and wiping it off. But it came right off.

Im gonna attack the windows with a Dremel and file. Then paint the 'sills' with a close enough grey.

Please post pics when you're do.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure shapeways still lets you order designs that people post there...

I stand corrected. Got t new computer and didnt have the correct page saved...but yes they still have people selling their prints on the shapeways platform.

When I have the 3D model sorted I will take a look at the best way to make sure the people who want one of these can get one for a decent price. I know Shapeways can charge huge amounts for pretty simple stuff. I’d rather cut out the middle man if it will help people out

You could always run them off on-demand... and charge a modest fee for it of course.

Jedi Dade
Yeah I’m just really wary of people being disappointed with the product! I normally make 3D models that I am happy with but that’s a different thing to other people being happy to pay real money for it. I have no interest in making money from this, but I also want to help out the community where I can.

I forgot to mention. I have been searching but mostly found combos of a base of this, then a bit of that. I'm not so great at a bit of this and that.:confused:

Supposedly Tamiya XF-19 with maybe just a bit of white is a near perfect match for the color

This is a small bottle of brush paint. Will it work in an airbrush as is or does it need to be thinned?

I don't know much about working with an airbrush or airbrush paints. I have a good airbrush that I could not wait to get and it's been sitting in a box for several years.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back