Snow wolf two tone pulse rifle RE PAINT help!

Finally got it back together.

These are both Snow Wolf Pulse Rifles. The top is my painted one. The bottom is the stock version we get here in the states.

DSC03956.jpg

DSC03961.jpg

The bottoms showing the painted feed ramp.
DSC03960.jpg

The money shot.
DSC03958.jpg

Looks great CeSquared!! You guys are really pushing me to weather mine! How did that HUTU come out by the way. Been waiting for an update!

Just waiting for the sun to go down so I can take a proper video. :D

The mag for this gun... that's another story. It's terrible. It'll shoot about 15 rounds then stop feeding.

Hah! I noticed that too. I thought it was just the El Cheapo battery that was hindering the gun from shooting more. The few times I fired it, it dry fired a lot. Now here's the $64,000.00 question. The Thompson is a Marui clone. I doubt that it is a Cyma as it does not have any markings on it at all. I know the Cyma can use Marui mags. I'm sure this one can as well. However, for the mag base insert that Noble is making, it differs from the one he made for Marui mags. So, if I go for Marui mags will my Noble insert still work?

I would hate to have to switch to Marui mags because of feed problems and not be able to use my Noble insert.

Same here. 5 rounds. Dry fire. Take the mag out, wind it again, 7 rounds, dry fire. I couldn't get off more than 10-15 rounds at a time. Really annoying.

According to Noble's JY thread, the SW/Matrix mags are longer. I just ordered a Marui 190 Hi-cap (they aren't fricking cheap! $47 each!) so I'm sure they will work with the gun, it's a matter of if they will work with the mag base.

Finally got it back together.

These are both Snow Wolf Pulse Rifles. The top is my painted one. The bottom is the stock version we get here in the states.

DSC03956.jpg

DSC03961.jpg

The bottoms showing the painted feed ramp.
DSC03960.jpg

The money shot.
DSC03958.jpg

Liking the weathering :D
Guys mine came yesterday and i have got to say its awesome, stranger to airsofts but the weight and look of this thing is brilliant love it!
Quick question, my digital counter only counts down when firing bb's not when firing unloaded which i am a bit disappointed about but is this normal as i thought it counted down when firing unloaded due to the air pressure being forced down the barrel? or it mine faulty? :confused

Last edited:
You do realise that hicap mags need to be wound every so often to keep the BBs feeding (winding to shooting ratio can vary) plus you don't need to remove the mag to wind it (assuming there is an access window in the bottom of PR magbase).

Also I have three different Humbrol 170 tins of various age/tin design (170 Color, 170 Super Enamel & MC6 Authentic and they all are different and none of them match HCG's (PR) or MR's(motion tracker) finish.

Darkist - the counter works by the BBs passing a 'light gate' in the barrel so it will only count while actually shooting BBs.

http://www.jayjaysbrecon.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Camouflage_Paint_52.html apparently stock Aervoe 999 in UK.

SAS

Same here. 5 rounds. Dry fire. Take the mag out, wind it again, 7 rounds, dry fire. I couldn't get off more than 10-15 rounds at a time. Really annoying.

According to Noble's JY thread, the SW/Matrix mags are longer. I just ordered a Marui 190 Hi-cap (they aren't fricking cheap! $47 each!) so I'm sure they will work with the gun, it's a matter of if they will work with the mag base.

Last edited:
You do realise that hicap mags need to be wound every so often to keep the BBs feeding (winding to shooting ratio can vary) plus you don't need to remove the mag to wind it (assuming there is an access window in the bottom of PR magbase).

Also I have three different Humbrol 170 tins of various age/tin design (170 Color, 170 Super Enamel & MC6 Authentic and they all are different and none of them match HCG's (PR) or MR's(motion tracker) finish.

Darkist - the counter works by the BBs passing a 'light gate' in the barrel so it will only count while actually shooting BBs.

SAS

Thanks sidewinder:thumbsup
Thought i had seen people firing this baby with no ammo and it was counter down, no matter best purchase i have made this year, BARGAIN
I went for the TAMIYA TS5 Olive Drab as i was slowly driving my self insane trying to match the colour, I just want people to look at it and say "PULSE RIFLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lol which painting it Olive drab will have this affect and it will look the part, also going to weather it only slightly so it doesn't look to perfect.

Stock battery is crap. I charged it two days ago, went out to shoot a video last night and all I got was a "wurp" sound. Piston barely moved. It died on its own. I can't wait for my new charger to arrive so I can charge my 9.6v!!!

Stock battery is crap. I charged it two days ago, went out to shoot a video last night and all I got was a "wurp" sound. Piston barely moved. It died on its own. I can't wait for my new charger to arrive so I can charge my 9.6v!!!

Wont a 9.6v mess up the internals as its not built to take that kinda power:unsure

You will be fine with a 9.6v pack. That's a common upgrade. It's a tight fit, check my thread for mods on how to make it fir better.

Yes, but being it's a Chinese knockoff, I wanted to be sure it was feeding into the feed tube.

I wound the mag completely, loaded it completely, then took a loading tube that I had lying around and stuck it in the feed tube. The loading tube pushes the BB stopper aside so the BB's should have filled the tube. It only filled it about 9 rounds.

It's just a crappy mag.

That looks WELL nice :)

Just registered as I am looking for a PR and I am based in Holland.

Where did you get yours from ?

again, looks really good !

BIG improvement. :thumbsup

One easy mod you may want to do is get yourself a sample piece of dark window tint (loads on eBay for £1 each), cut it to size and stick it over the ammo counter display to darken it.

BIG improvement. :thumbsup

One easy mod you may want to do is get yourself a sample piece of dark window tint (loads on eBay for £1 each), cut it to size and stick it over the ammo counter display to darken it.

I am taken her apart again tomorrow to tint the counter screen and paint the shoulder rest :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back