Sky Captain Robot Blueprints

Beautiful work my friend and the fact you offer it for free earns you 10 karma points.

One more suggestion to make it even better and it should be hard to alter. Some of the german text is incorrect (i know, Marc you F-ing critic). Although my german aint to bad, it might be an idea to ask a german member to look at the text for spelling.

For the rest....breathtaking, bud,.

Cheers,

Marc

I changed the text to comic sans, i agree after looking at the screencaps more and not the about 3 different probably fanmade variations ive been going from, that is is more hand written looking. The german I copied off the one someone posted that was readable form that legion gallery, but if there are spelling corrections to be made i can easily make them.

here's some corrections i spotted.

anschlub =anschluss
machine stutze = maschine stutze
zahnradzahne = zahnradzähne
handlungwweise = handlungsweise
neidriger durchmesser = innendurchmesser (which means 'inner diameter')
dutchmesser = durchmesser
kreisformig = kreisförmig
mittlabstand = mittenabstand
bipedal = zweifüßig
anhange = anhang
trieber = treiber
verhaltnisse = verhältnisse

diametral taktabstan des... (what should this say in english as it is incomplete)
abgeschragter rand (what would this say in english?)

cheers,

Marc

ok i can change the ones you gave, as for the last two, i have no clue, i just copied them from the one given. I can change most of those, but the Bipedal is as it is shown from the original art which is almost 100% what they used for the screen prop so...they messed that up :p, slipping english in there. Ill upload it again when i get home in a few hours :) And of course, THANKYOU man, youre awsome :D This is a group effort.

Ok updated the image again, hopefully the last time :p I took off some of the arrows and text on the bottom left area, comparing it to the original art and screencaps, its clear that a few of those were added or made up on the other clear image we had, why I dont know, but its not on the original art from the dvd or the screencap, the small amount visible.

Ive been watching this thread for the past few days and I must say you guys are doing a great job.

I was wondering when someone would bring up the issue about the font.

BTW, not to be nitpicky,  but even though Comic Sans is a similar font to the one used on the actual prop I might suggest using a font called Eager Nutaralist.
It's a closer match and it isn't as cliched and commonly identified as "comic sans.

(I see Comic Sans everywhere I go, and I think it would add a sense of authenticity to the blueprint if a less identifiable font was used....Just an opinion)

If you go to 1001fonts.com you can download Eager Naturalist for free.

Also,  does anyone have any idea what the size of the blueprint should be .

DS

Almost forgot,

Here's a little tip for scaling and making sure the aspect ratio of the recreated blueprint matches up with the screen used prop.

Open your illustrator file of the blueprint which you recreated, then import Sheriff Brody's cap of the original blueprint.
Lock down the screencap of the screen cap and then take your vector blueprint and lay it on top of the cap.

Then view them in wireframe mode.

This will allow you to line up all the vector created linework with the bitmap image of the original screencap. Just like working on top of tracing paper.

DS

Kylash.. Great work mate.

Just one question..those screen caps are of two different blue prints..the robot head has detals on the one but not the other.
I don't remeber much about the movie so I'm just kinda wondering if this is two different prints or just a continuity error.

or am i just on crack?

continuity error. And I did trace the blueprint over the original art, it is th right size and shape, i wouldnt have been able to make it without tracing it. It is definetly larger than 8.5 by 11, thats why i made it the size it is ive compared it to the screencaps etc...it shoudl all be ready and done to print. And i agree with the comic sans, its just all i had at the moment...ill try the other font and see how it looks. I just dont want to keep changing it while people are using whats up there.

Originally posted by LeMarchand@Mar 10 2006, 09:13 PM
anschlub =anschluss
[snapback]1203162[/snapback]​

I think this correction may be incorrect. In 'old' German, which is what this drawing would have been notated in, what we see as a lower case "b" is actually a German character that is taken to be "ss". I forget what its called and I don't know how to print this from my keyboard to show you what I mean.

Anyone know how to access the foreign letters on a keyboard?

Scott

Originally posted by CaptCBoard+Mar 11 2006, 07:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CaptCBoard @ Mar 11 2006, 07:12 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-LeMarchand
@Mar 10 2006, 09:13 PM
anschlub =anschluss

I think this correction may be incorrect. In 'old' German, which is what this drawing would have been notated in, what we see as a lower case "b" is actually a German character that is taken to be "ss". I forget what its called and I don't know how to print this from my keyboard to show you what I mean.

Scott
[snapback]1203466[/snapback]​
[/b]

I don't know how to access the foreign letters, but what you're refering to is commonly called an S Set and it looks like a capital B with a tail. It is acceptable to use either one by today's standards. Some of the other "mistakes" are that English doesn't use accents to change the pronounciation of vowels. The 2 dots over the vowel is called an umlaut. And an example would be A (ah) and A with umlaut (eh) (I think that's right, it's been quite a while since I've been to Germany). And the sound of a U with umlaut doesn't exist in English. :)

Just My 2 cents worth.

Richard

Originally posted by Darth Cross+Mar 11 2006, 07:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Cross @ Mar 11 2006, 07:42 AM)</div>
Originally posted by CaptCBoard@Mar 11 2006, 07:12 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-LeMarchand
@Mar 10 2006, 09:13 PM
anschlub =anschluss

Scott
[snapback]1203466[/snapback]​

I don't know how to access the foreign letters, but what you're refering to is commonly called an S Set and it looks like a capital B with a tail. It is acceptable to use either one by today's standards. Some of the other "mistakes" are that English doesn't use accents to change the pronounciation of vowels. The 2 dots over the vowel is called an umlaut. And an example would be A (ah) and A with umlaut (eh) (I think that's right, it's been quite a while since I've been to Germany). And the sound of a U with umlaut doesn't exist in English. :)

Just My 2 cents worth.

Richard
[snapback]1203472[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yes you are right. The letter you are referring to is called sz (s zed) and it looks like this ß, and it is used for ss (double s) . In german there are three Umlaute ä, ü and ö. The text of the blueprint is not reallly old german but a little bit weird to read.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back