Sky Captain Robot Blueprints

Originally posted by Kylash327@Mar 7 2006, 12:38 PM
I know i should have done it in Illustrator but i wasnt thinking... but whats wrong with it, when you print it out it looks fine and its a jpg, crossplatform.
[snapback]1200751[/snapback]​

It looks good, but a jpg is really limited for editing and scaling.

A vector drawing is easier to manipulate and scale etc. You can get nice small rule lines and perfect complex geometric shapes.

FB

well i hadnt planned on editing or scaling it later...its the right size and i kept everything the same thickness on purpose, looks like marker used for blueprints... im a graphic designer, so I know the differences...i just didnt think it would need editing later, hadnt really thought about it.. .Oh well, id have to redraw it all in illustrator, i didnt save the paths. I really did it on a whim :p

I could swear there was an official art pack that you could download from the website, for fan sites or press or something...

Can't find it now, but it does have logos & production art.

-Mike

that would be very cool. I did this from production art on the site, but it was just with the character sketches, not a package.

oh wow that helps ALOT. I could bring that into Illustrator and add the inner workings that are shown in the other parts. Awsome thanks.

alright, now using Illustrator, ive got the extra stuff added that wasnt there and ive finished retyping out all of the text since its readable. Its great for print right now...but if you guys really want me to I can go over the rest of it to make it even sharper... for illustration, everything red here is added stuff so far (the other boxes are text thats been retyped)

Bluprintred.jpg

Sharper is always better... well, almost always. If it's in Illustrator the people who want thicker or thinner lines can just change the line weight, yes?

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing this great art...
Loved the movie and it is a shame that there is so little to find about it.
Please keep it updated..

Greetings from the Netherlands,

BasD :thumbsup :thumbsup

Looks great .. It conveinces me to go out and buy the 2disk SE 2morrow.

Feel free to share the EPS with me for paperprops.be :angel

you guys assuming id post the .ai file? I know only a few people here have illustrator...i mean if someone thinks some lines are too thick just tell me ill change it, but i think most people would just want a hires jpg.

yeah that seems to be the same image just blue, we're adding things that are different from image to image, but thanks regardless :)

Originally posted by Kylash327@Mar 8 2006, 09:13 PM
yeah that seems to be the same image just blue, we're adding things that are different from image to image, but thanks regardless :)
[snapback]1201996[/snapback]​

When done, I'd be greatly interested in an at-cost version, or maybe a little more (5-10 dollars more).

Here is what is on the SE:

Disk 1:
Trailers
Audio Commentary Producer
Audio Commentary Writer, Director, VFX Crew

Disk 2:
Brave New World - Chapter 1
Brave New World - Chapter 2
The Art Of Tomorrow
First Original version: Original Six-Minute Short
Deleted Scenes
Bloopers
Easter egg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back