Sky Captain Robot Blueprints

Tracing update :p Here's what ive got done in Illustrator so far.

kyblueprintprog.jpg

doooooooooone.

kyblueprintprog2.jpg

But i want to wait until tomarrow so I can do a few touchups etc and then have the print ready version up :)

Originally posted by Kylash327@Mar 9 2006, 01:34 PM
doooooooooone.

But i want to wait until tomarrow so I can do a few touchups etc and then have the print ready version up :)

Kylash... that looks SWEET. This thread became a favorite very quick. If you don't mind posting the .ai thread, I think there are more Illustrator users than you image out here. If not, I understand... Just post a nice LARGE .gif or .jpg. Either way, thanks for all your work on this.

Is this a candidate for the "Free Paper Props" thread?

sure definetly free paper prop, i wouldnt have been able to make it if people here werent sharing source images they had :)

well i can do the nice prints, but its at work, so i cant really do a big run of em...can only do non-work prints during break and even then its frowned upon :D We'll see...

Well, I certainly don't want you to get in trouble with your work, but put me in for two if you can.

One for framing, one for playing.

Ooh, I see one tiny error. The measuring bar above the profile of the robot head? It has something above the little division marks in the screencaps.

Actually this would be perfect to run on an old fashioned blueprint machine. Do they still make those?

Blueprint used to be cheep.

Originally posted by Kylash327@Mar 8 2006, 10:13 PM
yeah that seems to be the same image just blue, we're adding things that are different from image to image, but thanks regardless :)

No problem, it just looked like some of the text was not on the pics I saw at the beginning of the thread vs the one from the Legion scan.

Nice work, too. Not enough Sky Captain products. :cry

Tim L.

There are places that still run blueprints. Something like this would have to be printed at 1:1, in black, on vellum first-- but only one copy would be needed. The only problem with blueprints is they are not intended to be permanent and will fade over time. Actually, fade is not the word, but they degrade very easily, especially in strong sunlight. The great thing about blueprints is they are only a buck or two per sheet.

Scott

Originally posted by gnrlotto@Mar 10 2006, 02:51 AM
Ooh, I see one tiny error.  The measuring bar above the profile of the robot head?  It has something above the little division marks in the screencaps.
[snapback]1202699[/snapback]​

yes i see that, sorry, there are very many lines to check and recheck on this :p and discrepincies within screencaps, so this has to be a kind of idealized version.

Alrighty, here we go, 300dpi jpg. Now im sure theres a few little things people will bicker about ir a few points that arent connected but i cant find them all, I did my best, and half of those tiny points you can see in this huge view will get mushed together when something like this is printed anyways :p Here yah go, Ill try making a pdf if anyone needs that...and feel free to post this in the paperprops thread if anyone can find it. This is made to print on 11x17 tabloid paper, it is oversized so keep that in mind. Im still leary about sharing the original .ai file because i dont want someone changing a few points, saying its theirs and throwing it on ebay. Anyway, Your Welcome :D

http://www.raynecreations.com/images/final_ky_blueprint.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back