Silly Spider-man question…

And Spider-Man, one of the richest, most vibrant, most unique characters in the history of the genre, has become a corporate shill. You’ve got the MCU Spider-Boy movies, the Disney Junior Spider-team cartoon, the video games, the Miles Morales books and movies, etc. A different version of the character for every age, race, and gender, with no brand consistency, no actual character. Just endless pandering and marketing.

That's all Marvel and DC do anymore. It's all about pandering and not about being endlessly creative entities like they used to be. Stan Lee is hopefully spinning in his grave.

I stopped reading back in 2004 when they lost grant Morrison, was tired of them altering the past or just Bringing back dead characters with no explanation

That's all Marvel and DC do anymore. It's all about pandering and not about being endlessly creative entities like they used to be. Stan Lee is hopefully spinning in his grave.
As soon as he passed away, I knew all restraint was gone. The diversity dartboard was broken out.

As far as stopping comics, there are still lots of diamonds out there, but the mountain of coal where those diamonds reside has grown HUGE!

Find a comic shop with people who actually read what they sell; talk to them. The latest DC Adam Strange twelve issue, Strange Adventures was GREAT!

tragic, but GREAT!

The Wrong Earth, something that makes ya go "hmmm."

Rat Queens was fun until the artist landed in da po-po.

ENIAC

Keanu even has a comic.

Spiderman is a cash cow again, so folks will buy his stuff even if its an episode of him sitting on the toilet.

His hand and feet supposedly stick to walls via Van der Waals forces. He prolly has to replace his shoe soles every 2 or 3 days. Sooner if a busy night.

He could totally drop Batman or Doc Savge if no prep. Given Spidey prolly have spider enhanced brain powah, consider Spiey getting prep as well as Bats or Doc before casting judgmenton a tete a tete confrontation.

I stopped reading back in 2004 when they lost grant Morrison, was tired of them altering the past or just Bringing back dead characters with no explanation
I've poked my head in the Marvel door every once in a while and then, almost immediately I was gone again. I started reading comics in the 70s. I've written and edited indy comics. I don't think any of it has been good since the 90s.

We live in a world where Bucky came back. BUCKY. One of the handful of characters whom both old-school Marvel staff and the fans knew should always stay dead (along with Ben Parker, Gwen Stacy, etc.).

Back in the 80s, Roger Stern and John Byrne came up with a story idea where Captain America would unexpectedly come across Bucky as a John Doe in a VA hospital, comatose and with his arms and legs blown off. It would have been an incredibly touching story that didn't diminish the impact his death had on Cap's character. But, they realized that someone would eventually come along and screw it up, so they never did the story. Because they respected the characters and the lore, and knew that, if they opened the door just a crack, lesser talents would end up smashing through it.

Flash forward two decades, and we get the Winter Soldier nonsense, with Bucky resurrected as a cybernetic assassin. Ugh.

Good writers write stories ABOUT the characters. Bad writers USE the characters to tell the stories they want to tell. We've seen the latter consistently invade all of the tentpole nerd franchises and bring them crashing down.

We live in a world where Bucky came back. BUCKY. One of the handful of characters whom both old-school Marvel staff and the fans knew should always stay dead (along with Ben Parker, Gwen Stacy, etc.).

Back in the 80s, Roger Stern and John Byrne came up with a story idea where Captain America would unexpectedly come across Bucky as a John Doe in a VA hospital, comatose and with his arms and legs blown off. It would have been an incredibly touching story that didn't diminish the impact his death had on Cap's character. But, they realized that someone would eventually come along and screw it up, so they never did the story. Because they respected the characters and the lore, and knew that, if they opened the door just a crack, lesser talents would end up smashing through it.

Flash forward two decades, and we get the Winter Soldier nonsense, with Bucky resurrected as a cybernetic assassin. Ugh.

Good writers write stories ABOUT the characters. Bad writers USE the characters to tell the stories they want to tell. We've seen the latter consistently invade all of the tentpole nerd franchises and bring them crashing down.
I stopped when magically colossus reappeared.. and it was explained that he was stuck in between dimensions after he blew himself up.. great

I was frustrated.. then grant Morrison had wolverine cut magnetos head off.. and magically magneto survived.. was never really explained.. something to do with scarlet witch changing reality’s..

Had enough.. done lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back