Show me your Red Swingline Stapler!

Re: Show me your Red Swingline Stapler!

Office Depot in Canada used to carry the correct model, perhaps not now? I picked up a maroon one year ago.

Looks like Swingline is releasing one to coincide with Office Space's 20th anniversary this year.

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 8.05.35 PM.png

Other than missing the stripe on the sides I’d say the most inaccurate feature will be the textured area on the top of it. They wouldn’t go to the expense of a new injection mold just for this so it would have the same textured area as current ones. Plus you can see it in the promo pic.

Still cool close enough requiring no effort!

Any word when Swingline will be releasing that stapler? It looks pretty accurate!

OK looks like some more info has been released:

This new Yahoo article says it will be available on Amazon this spring (which makes me believe it will be a wide release).
Now you can own the official 'Office Space' version of the red Swingline stapler (exclusive)
*I actually know the writer of the article so I'll ask him if he gets one in advance.

Swingline is also doing a giveaway for ONE stapler through their Facebook page here: Swingline

The anniversary is next week! Feb 19th

They're accepting pre-orders on the Swingline site now. I placed an order, but I still plan to customize the accurate model stapler I got off eBay years ago.

Ah, it does have the texture on the top, less rounded corners, and no white line. They probably scrapped the 646 plastic molds when they moved their plant to Mexico. At least it isn't too expensive. I wonder if it would be easier to sand and polish this one to make it 100% accurate, or to paint a 646.

And here it is! I asked the nice folks at Swingline if they could send me one so I post a pic with my dog dressed up as Milton for his Instagram (he's sort of an influencer :rolleyes:). Well they sent me two! So I'm going to do a giveaway on his IG toward the end of the week. I'll give you a guys a heads up when I do it if you're interested in entering.

The bottom is metal and the top is plastic.

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5019.jpg

I only see a couple problem, the texture and the lack of the white stripes at the rear, but a terrific offering from them! I doubt they would be remotely affordable to get in Canada or I’d grab one!

Does anyone else feel that that the Swingline logo on the sides are a bit weak? It's as if they went light on the white ink.

Just got my pre-order yesterday. I plan on adding the white line by using a paint pen.

The texture on top bothers me more than I thought. The white ink is weak, almost a light pink color.
The ABS plastic used on the top scratched very easily. (It has tons of fine scratches from shipment) Which is a shame, because the paint on the base is simply beautiful.

I may have to make it a weekend project to try smoothing the plastic.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back