ShaunDark80's Iron Man MKVII - Previously know as Roomiest Iron Man

Re: Roomiest Iron Man

Very Nice so far :)

How do you Plan to smooth the Surface when all Parts are Printed and glued together ? Is a regular sandpaper an Option ?

Very Nice so far :)

How do you Plan to smooth the Surface when all Parts are Printed and glued together ? Is a regular sandpaper an Option ?

I'm printing in PLA which is time consuming to sand - go too fast and it just melts. I plan to slowly sand it to a half decent state, throw on a couple of layers of primer, and just see how it goes from there. I want it glass smooth before moulding.

Starting to take shape;

image.jpeg

Just a small update today - Added the piece between the top of the chest and the shoulders;

BackInner2.jpg

That means that the inner back is pretty much ready to print now! I'll slice it up, and if it comes out ok, will share the STL next week.

Have been busy printing, but there's a long way to go. I started with the join between the chest and shoulders, and temporarily joined the parts together to see how they looked;

image.jpeg

Am pretty happy with them. Have printed a few more bits of the back, but think I have roughly 50 hours of printing left to do. Hopefully I can get it done over the next week.

I did find some internal errors with the model, so will need to fix those before publishing.

Small progress update. Am still printing the back! Am just over half way through, but it looks like it will next weekend before all the parts are printed.

I've sliced the neck, and will begin printing a few bits to check the sizing tonight. The back of the neck will be integrated into the back, whilst the front will be a standalone piece.

I did a bit of supergluing tonight, so the chest finally has it's side pieces attached;

image.jpeg

I've also glued together the completed parts of the back;

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 126

It's file sharing time!

Firstly, here's the neck;

View attachment 628572

You can download the STL from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0DMmhIcDWV7Z1RvNk9nMXgtdkE/view?usp=sharing

Secondly, here's the back;

View attachment 628575

You can download the STL from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0DMmhIcDWV7Vy15STd1V0dWbzA/view?usp=sharing

I've fixed the errors that I found during printing, so hopefully these should be good to go. Please let me know how you get on.
Its very kind of you to offer your hard work for free to the public if i wasn't busy doing other builds i would have a go at this... thanks again ☺

sent from samsung

Its very kind of you to offer your hard work for free to the public if i wasn't busy doing other builds i would have a go at this... thanks again ☺ 

sent from samsung

It's Marvel's IP - no matter how much time I spend on it, it will never be mine to sell.........

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back