Screen Accurate & Budget Rocketeer Costume Tutorial

All I can find are how to put the jet pack together and where to get the little parts.... What I'm not seeing is... Where can I find the Jet Pack to start with? Is anyone still making the dang thing? A link to where to get it would be awesome.

Look up Monsters in Motion. They will have the kit - $950.

(n)cry
Look up Monsters in Motion. They will have the kit - $950.

:facepalm:behave:sick:unsure:angry:confused :confused:cry :confused:confused:wacko :confused:eek:angry :eek

tried to mark all the emoticons that apply to that comment hahaha

avoid avoid avoid avoid monsters in motion at all cost.....they are definitely hard to deal with and their customer service is horrendous....they will give you a big headache and much more

for acme rocketpack or helmet information...people can email me at evilrocketeer@hotmail.com....i DONT sell the kits....i just know the person that does sell them....if i dont respond within a few days..just resend the email..sometimes check my emails on the go and forget to respond

my pm box on here fills up fast and I just dont have the time to clear it out

or

contact finhead on the board....he has the contact info as well

(n)cry

:facepalm:behave:sick:unsure:angry:confused :confused:cry :confused:confused:wacko :confused:eek:angry :eek

tried to mark all the emoticons that apply to that comment hahaha

avoid avoid avoid avoid monsters in motion at all cost.....they are definitely hard to deal with and their customer service is horrendous....they will give you a big headache and much more

What was I thinking...lol.

They're pretty rare, so I thought they were the only ones. I forgot that you had access to the kits. I dealt with MIM for my helmet and it was terrible service. I wanted to get the paint job done by them and they totally botched it, and set my project back two months. Luckily, they sent a new kit to GeneralFrosty who's helping me out.

Do you get the kits discounted ER?

What would be the color of the field boots from Magnoli?

Field Boots

if you are going the magnoli route......i would recommend contacting his company directly or ask for swatches of the material they use......

they have a ton of colors listen....so maybe it will be better to get their opinion since they have access to the materials being used.......

i need to update this thread.....

ahh.. good to know.. b/c looking online you see a lighter and darker brown for the boots.. so would be good to know what color most everyone is using.

Thanks!

ahh.. good to know.. b/c looking online you see a lighter and darker brown for the boots.. so would be good to know what color most everyone is using.

Thanks!
I know this thread is old and past it's due date but for anyone interested in the answer to this inquiry......the answer is...it depends. In the movie, Secord wears somewhat well worn tan boots. The flying scenes, however, were pre-digital and were mostly done variously with stuntmen and a small puppet in many other scenes. That resulted in some inconsistencies in Secords boots, which were depicted as black boots on the puppet. So if you want the puppet look, wear black boots.....stuntmen and Billy Campbell/Secord, wear the tan. Confused? I don't blame you.!:lol

the stop motion puppet boots are actually dark brown.....

the screen-accurate post has been updated....

i need to update the budget portion with new information....

Any reason why our jacket and pants aren't listed in the mix?

extra-image-988.jpg

Secord Jacket

extra-image-820.jpg

Aviator Breeches by Magnoli Clothiers
(Breeches on our site are shown with a standard fit, but we've also made flared versions for Rocketeer costumers).

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Anyone have more info about the "construction worker harness"? what to look for at hardware store? or amazon link?
(agree - monsters in motion might be the worst customer service I have ever dealt with)

Do you still have any of the rocket pack kits? I tried to pm you but it didn't give me the option.

I know there have been several of you guys that have been trying to get a hold of me regarding ordering rocketpacks and helmets....i do not sell these items...i just pass along the makers information....

i been swamped with life and I been purposely avoiding my pm box because it fills up fast and I dont have the time to clear it out....

if i dont answer within a week....just message me again...Don't worry...you wont be a bother...just email is the better way to go

as for the magnolia jacket not being on the list....there are several reasons...

when I first created this list, I wanted to create a guide to help members put together a costume that is screen-accurate and cost effective. I believe the Magnolia jacket doesnt fit into both categories.

The jacket is not as accurate as the the Predicta Jacket and the Abbeyshot Jacket...and it isn't cost effective as the wested, southbeach leather, and other jackets..

The Predicta jacket retails for $800 and it is the most accurate jacket....

The Wested retails for $376 and is not as accurate as the Predicta...

Based on photographs and seeing the magnolia jacket in person at DCA, the Magnolia jacket has the same level of accuracy as a wested jacket. Possibly a little less than the wested. The retail price of $595 is extremely high for a jacket without the bib and buttons. It will cost an extra $100 for the bib and buttons and $150 for cowhide material. To have the jacket at it's highest potential will cost $845. $845 is extremely steep for a jacket that is on the same level as the wested. The client will be paying $470-320 more.

With the rocketpack being high in cost and cost of the other materials, it will not be a rational choice in choosing the magnolia jacket...

My recommendation for finheads will be the Wested Jacket...

Remember this is only a guide and members are free to make their own decisions.

I will compile a list of all the helmets, jackets, pants, etc on the market...just wont be any time soon

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back