Scratch Built Thing from Wednesday

zenx13

NOTE: This project was completed at the end of 2022 - finally catching up on posting!

TBH - I am a Munsters fan mostly but do have room in my heart for the Addams Family and when Wednesday came out I was blown away by the updated look of Thing.

I have never been much of a clay sculptor but had some time over Christmas break and decided to dive in and give it a go. I was absolutely amazed with the results and have come to realize my sculpting skills are much further ahead than I thought. I hope you enjoy this build - let me know.

Cheers!
/sean

Final project build posted to my YouTube Channel:

Step 1: Framework

Using my hand as an analog for size I started with armature wire and tin foil.

01.jpg
02.JPG
03.JPG

Step 4: Paint Work

Sadly my ancient airbrush died just prior to this project and I had to do all the painting by brush. I am really happy with the results though and ironically my lovely wife bought me a new airbrush system for Christmas just after I had finished this build.

10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG

Last edited:
Step 5: Surgery!

I cut stitches from a thin piece of electrical wire. I made knots on the top sutures and added each of them, one hole at a time, using CA glue and kicker. There are over 200 holes in my Thing and this stage of the project took some time but the "realistic" look of it was so worth the effort.

13.jpg
14.jpg
15.JPG

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back