Scratch Build A Weapon Contest

Gargh, why did this comp have to pop up when I'm the busiest/poorest man in the world! I get paid the week before deadline so as long as I'm not too busy with work and filming then I'm in! Either way I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

I built a rife and posted it in the forum November 2009. I would love to enter it but rule number 6 states that photos can't be posted until after the contest is over. Would I be able to enter it? Thanks for the info.

I think one of the ideas of the contest is to have something constructed for the contest, not enter something you assembled previous to the date.

I'm in too. This bad boy only ran me $28. Can't wait to see what I can do with nearly twice that budget!

4924524166_2f8a9d7893_z.jpg

Hey Volpin you got a license for this thing?:lol
Amazing work!

I quit taking entries tonight Feb 28th at Midnight I'll set up the poll tomarrow probably so voting can commence. I need to add a couple prizes that Darknesswolves has offered for the contest anyways.

Well, looks like I missed another one. From the voting thread, there's some good ones.

One of the reasons I'm somewhat hesitant to enter these contests is the requirement that the bulk of the materials be purchased during the course of the contest. That, and the fact that it need be purchased at full retail and not second hand or discount.

I don't know about you, but I tend to collect items for a project over time and often have enough material on hand for several projects at any given time. The saber I just finished was less than 1/4 new material, and even those pieces were bought at a thrift shop. Further, the sump drain hose I used was part of a prepackaged length I purchased in 2002! Finally, some of the materials I use, I aquire for no cost at all.

I can understand the money limitations set on some contests, and the subsequent need to verify those limits, but typically it just puts someone like me out of the running from the git-go.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back