Scratch Build A Weapon Contest

One last question as many people have been saying "I have something I can enter". Can you enter something you scratch built that you already have? I thought the point of these contests was to create something new in the time frame allotted. Ie: Provided I kept my receipts could I enter something I've been working on for 5 years?

Well I've already got some ideas for something to make. But all of my material is scrap that I've had laying around for months due to inactivity. I can meet the time frame limitations and budgetary constraints no problem, but I can't come up with the receipts.

Darn, I would love to enter as I'm starting a from scratch basswood p-1 TNG phaser.
But like some others, I have no receipts. The wood and tools I've had for years. I guarantee they all came from Michael's craft store though :)

just have to calculate approximately what it's worth for the receipts. example : i have a sheet of 1/4 " fun foam in my inventory , and i know the price is 0.50$ so i don't have the receipts for this foam , but i add .50$ in my expenses .

Guys like I said if you use any scrap you have around the house whether it be foam, bass wood, MDF. Put it on a seperate sheet of paper and either take a photo of it or scan it and send it with the photos and reciepts I would prefer for a majority of the scratch built item to have proof of reciepts though.

It's happening now and so far I've recieved one entry, still waiting for Art to stick this to the top of this section. I even offered to make a banner for it but no response back from him yet.

Yes so far just one person I won't be giving out names or showing photos until the voting begins. On the lightsaber contest one person had their lightsaber made in one day.

Fitting within the budget and coming up with a design wouldn't be the difficult part. Settling on what actually to make as the weapon is going to be the hard part of the whole process. Something like a really big nail or an icepick will be simple and could be done within an hour, but I highly doubt such will be judged favorably on anything other than originality.

Just added a prize to the front page. I bought a HP Pendant from Wolfie and it finally came today so it's now being offered. I might put my BTTF Markspoon Grays Almanac up too that depends on how much more intrest gets into this.

My plans are almost done. Hitting Home Depot on Friday to see if my idea is cheap enough. SHould be exciting and the first thing I have built in years!!!

If you're making a weapon for the contest don't forget photos, reciepts and a scrap paper with what materials you use from around the house. Don't post your photos of the weapon here.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back