Scrambled-Attack on the Egg-Star.

I would go for the "keep the looney-toons look goin' " for those cockpit guns; the whole egg-vehicle motif just cries out for it. When I eventually find (or likely have to scratchbuild) a PBY Catalina eggplane, it's going to be one of the Black Cats with 2 ludicrous under wing torpedoes... :cool:

I would go for the "keep the looney-toons look goin' " for those cockpit guns; the whole egg-vehicle motif just cries out for it. When I eventually find (or likely have to scratchbuild) a PBY Catalina eggplane, it's going to be one of the Black Cats with 2 ludicrous under wing torpedoes... :cool:

Well Mr. Brown, Thank you for the reply to my request! I also post this at "Scale Model Addict" and got the same opinion, so I've already started doing a little something in that direction.

Stay tuned for a minute, I'm taking pictures as we speak. Nothing is permanent and if y'all don't think it helps, I'll knock it off with a claw hammer.

;)

Rob.

Alright. Here's what I added. I don't think it looks too awful bad? Like I say, if I need to change it or not add it, I still can at this point, so give me some harsh feedback.

Added some scribe lines like I see on a couple Y-Wings. None in particular, but a little from a couple:

DSCN0612.jpg

Made a set of twin barrels shoot 'em up guns from some of the same box of parts I been using on the Moebius Galactica:

DSCN0613.jpg

Stuck it on top in that scribed circle and here's what we got. Go or stay, y'all let me know:

DSCN0614.jpg

DSCN0615.jpg

I appreciate y'all stoppin' by to take a look folks.

Rob.

That side view pic really sells it for me! (y)

Looks alright? Little over sized to try and keep the toon feel, but maybe coulda went with some fatter guns?

Except for them few chips here and there, I'll be chunkin' some paint before too much longer.

I'm not dead set on what color to designate this thing, but since it's an egg, I been thinkin' something wild?

chartreuse-yellow.jpg

Gold leader to Chartreuse Leader, start your attack run!

Or maybe...

plum crazy.jpg

Plum Crazy 2 standing by...

hugger.jpg

Hugger Orange 3, returning to base...

:unsure:

Rob.

Last edited:
Ok, I did somethin'...

I added them chips I been sayin' I was gonna. All these started out as .010" sheet styrene that I scraped and sanded and it still looks a little thick on this little ol' model, so I reckon it is what it is. Don't look too bad and I'll sand 'em down a little before squirtin' paint.

I also added them roll bars.

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

One looks crooked in that picture, don't it? It don't look exactly like that in my hand, but I may have to pry on that a little bit. It's real steel wire and don't just pry that easy, but I don't like that crook.

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

I can't think of much more I wanted to do, so it's windin' up now.

Rob.

The detailing chips look very good! And about the wire, most of the picture angles don't really show the problem, but, if it bugs you, have at it! Or... call that finished, and then, using paint, add some "parking bumper damage"!

Of course it ain't too late to vote!

Hugger Orange-1
Chartreuse-0
Plum Crazy-0
Hot Pink-1

Hot Pink may be 2, but I'll need to verify if that's what Mr. Brown was hintin' at because I agree with that.

Rob.

Personally, I’d go with ‘Orange Squadron’, with ‘Chartreuse’ as second place.

Very nice job on this build!

Not really hinting - your model, your build, your color choice. However, if your goal is to make folks grab their head and yell "No, Rob, NO!" then pink is the way to go! :cool:

Impressive !

If not too late to vote , I like the orange

I'm not sure about the "impressive" part? Thank you Mr. Analyzer! Orange seems to be catchy.

Personally, I’d go with ‘Orange Squadron’, with ‘Chartreuse’ as second place.

Very nice job on this build!

Thank you for the compliment as well Mr. jkirkon!

Not really hinting - your model, your build, your color choice. However, if your goal is to make folks grab their head and yell "No, Rob, NO!" then pink is the way to go! :cool:

Yes sir, I caught the "As long as you DON'T go Hot Pink" comment and of course, I was just pullin' yer leg...

At that point in the postings...

But look at the "kidding" color that's NOW winning!

As it stands now, I'll be trying some Hugger-ish Orange and I don't hate that choice myself simply due to what this kit is. It would, after all, keep this thing "toon".

Seriously, I was gonna go with the colors we've all seen and I was leaning toward Red.

upload_2018-12-10_8-8-40.png

upload_2018-12-12_16-13-6.jpeg

I've seen too many replicas with the yellow and baby blue (?), so I am trying to stay away from that. Examples that follow, I'll take down if someone disagrees with me posting these.

Here's one I found that The Propstore sold? An original maybe.
img13.jpg

I've been using a replica Mr. Jason Eaton made for most details. Mr. Eaton's replica from Modeler's Magic.
1.jpg

Now, seeing that "Orange" seems popular, I actually don't think this looks bad AT ALL. I whipped this up using that Hugger Orange patch I posted. That really may not look bad.

orangestripe.jpg

So still chuggin' along...

Hugger Orange-2
Chartreuse-Maybe 1
Plum Crazy-0
Hot Pink-0
NOT Hot Pink-1

Rob.

Last edited:
I vote Hugger Orange as well!
Hello Mr. Lewis! I see your reactions on a regular basis and I Thank you, but it's good to see you reply.

Alrighty, Hugger Orange is WAY out in the lead now and I would think, no longer a joke.

Hugger Orange-3
Chartreuse-Maybe 1
Plum Crazy-0
Hot Pink-0
NOT Hot Pink-1

Rob.

Ok, I squirted some orange on it. I don't hate it and all the scratches and such are deliberate to make it look beat up later like all the studio ones I've seen.

It's TAMIYA X-6 Orange. I can't seem to handle it too much because it's leaving a film of orange all over. So far, it washes off somewhat, but I gotta stop touching it. The pictures even show the orangish tint all over the thing. Not many under bleeds or anything, but I do seem to have plenty chips.

Let me know what y'all think about the orange now.

DSCN062060.jpg

DSCN062160.jpg

DSCN062260.jpg

DSCN062360.jpg

Rob.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back