Scout Blaster Options?

Hecubus114

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After getting the Black Series Scout Trooper Helmet, it’s got me itching to get a scout blaster to display with it. Can someone recommended a decent, but not crazy expensive source? Since the BS helmet is “idealized”, I’m not necessarily looking for anything 100% screen accurate, but just the overall correct size and look. I’d also prefer to get it from someone with a good reputation, and not run the risk of wasting my money, or giving it to a recaster.

Thanks!

I’ve got the Nerf one - I was hoping for something a little more on point, size-wise. However, this may be what I end up going with.

I saw recently a seller on Etsy was offering a print file of a 3D scanned Scout blaster, supposedly lineage. Don't know how his saying not to recast it is going to stop anyone from recasting it. Search "MinuteFett" and you'll find it.

There is also a thread on here for 3D printable replacement parts to make it more accurate. When this Nerf blaster was released I was skeptical on it's size and accuracy, but there are some long time members and accuracy nuts (not a derogatory term) that have vouched for the accuracy along with the size. Pretty incredible, I think.

TazMan2000

I’ll ask the elephant in the room. Do we know if they had access to the Keeler prop, or is this a recast of the RS Keeler Scout?

I’ll ask the elephant in the room. Do we know if they had access to the Keeler prop, or is this a recast of the RS Keeler Scout?
here is what I have read:
1689451291477.png

1689451315598.png

1689451337046.png

I don't personally know who is Steven Coleman but at least he came personaly to answer this.

Here's what the MinuteFett listing says regarding the resin blaster / holster combo:
Lineage. Scout Trooper Blaster and Holster cast from Ira Keelers personal collection.

We were lucky enough to be able to mold and create 1:1 castings. The holster itself is also made the same way to replicate the original methods.

The description of the printable files:
Lineage Scout Trooper Blaster 3d model created using a scan of Ira Keelers personal blaster.

comes with files for a stand that you can print out yourself.

sculpted by @folkypatrol

The MinuteFett files appear to be built from scratch, based on dimensional data from a scan of the Keeler blaster, not printable versions of a scan of the prop. I purchased them and they are well done in general and it's nice to know the size is exactly right.

The modeler did take pains to capture the eccentricities of the original blaster - crooked hexagonal barrel collar, asymmetrical scope ring edges, among others. However there are some missing subtleties particularly in the grip, with edges which are sharper/flatter than they should be, particularly on the right side and the area above the index finger. All things that are hard to model, and that can be added quickly by modifying your print with hand tools, though. The renders in the listing are an accurate representation of the printable model and you can see the flatness of the grip.

Another great scout blaster option is the kit by Polymer Armory. I have one of them as well and the size is dimensionally dead on to the model mentioned above. The scope is cast from an original Single Point and hints at a few discrepancies in the printable scope's dimensions. However the blaster's grooved round parts on the top and side could be better - the ridges are too wide, proportions a little off front to back. Certain details are missing such as the hollow area that allows the scope to nestle against the blaster body. Still, overall a really nice kit, with metal hand guard. There are build threads HERE and HERE.

Both are great options!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back