Schematics of the Hellraiser puzzle box...

I'll be making schematic soon to go along with the hellraiser puzzle boxes I make...I'll keep you all posted.
Darkman...

Is it possible to make a puzzle box in open configuration, but solid? I know that sounds
stupid too make one that does not actually move from open to closed, I just think it would
still be cool. I have seen others that make them in 2 pieces from closed, to open, but they are rather
pricy!

Last edited:
Not so archaic French, if I may say so, rather modern French from what I could read in the first panel. :)

The archaic French would be with more ancient words in it, trust me even being French doesn't help when I have to read some writings from the 15th century.

Just my two cents.

Is it possible to make a puzzle box in open configuration, but solid? I know that sounds stupid too make one that does not actually move from open to closed, I just think it would
still be cool.

Possible - yes. Easy - no. So it's going to be pricey. The hardest part is making the box. I'm no woodworker, and don't play one on tv, but in my opinion, that's going to be the hardest part. Maybe there's someone on here that's a guru with a router, or saws or whatnot that could make them for you, or guide you in the right direction. The panels are considerably easier in my not so humble opinion. That being said - it's still not an easy task. Most people who make panels have stencils, or guides, or things made up already to make each panel. To make an open box configuration requires more tooling, reworking, and acutally more panel pieces than a closed box. So I will go back to original answer - yes it's possible, but if you want etched brass, it's not going to be cheap. And yes it would be wicked cool!

Greetings to all.... I, The Toy Maker made the original Framed Puzzle Box Schematic in the black frames....

I'm not sure who did the original version... Most of the ones on Ebay are copies of copies of copies. Be careful as the quality is usually lacking from over duplication and the ones they picture won't likely be the ones they send.

This...

g54587configurations%20puzzelboxh219.jpg

Is not the same as these.

w6647Frame2-2w219.jpg

t23012Pic00039f219.jpg

d32405PIC00059z219.jpg

b2668PIC00061z219.jpg

b49571PIC00065i219.jpg

m36326Pic00066h219.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back