Schematics of the Hellraiser puzzle box...

The ones with the gold foil started me on my search, but I'm
necessarily looking for those. Either version would be fine with me.
Like I said in a earlier post I thought someone might have them on there
computer I could print out on my end. I would be willing to pay for
nice clear versions. I would just rather print them myself on my
own paper. I have a prefered style for old paper.

I'm not sure who did the original version... Most of the ones on Ebay are copies of copies of copies. Be careful as the quality is usually lacking from over duplication and the ones they picture won't likely be the ones they send.

This...

g54587configurations%20puzzelboxh219.jpg

Is not the same as these.

w6647Frame2-2w219.jpg

t23012Pic00039f219.jpg

d32405PIC00059z219.jpg

b2668PIC00061z219.jpg

b49571PIC00065i219.jpg

m36326Pic00066h219.jpg

The ones with the gold foil started me on my search, but I'm necessarily looking for those.

Just wanted to make sure people knew that the ones on Ebay were no where near the quality of the nice prints above. By the way, those aren't gold foils on the prints. They are actually etched brass pieces that would have normally been used to make the puzzle boxes.

Doc... those framed prints are AMAZING!! I'd be interested in finding who made them or where those could be found. I've never seen anything like them before. :eek

I have ones similar to those that surfergeek posted. Same frames too.
100_0945.jpg

I'd like to add the chains to mine and reweather them.

PM Sent.

Last edited:
Doc... those framed prints are AMAZING!! I'd be interested in finding who made them or where those could be found. I've never seen anything like them before. :eek

You won't have to look very far to find where they came from. Heh.

There were seven different folio sheets in the initial series that Doc has and two in the very limited second series. The text on the sheets is archaic French, modified from an 18th century book on the occult, while the artwork is based on a blend of patent illustrations and period mystic iconography. In the first series I fudged the glyphs with either the "Glyphis" or "Cthulhu Runes" freeware fonts, but I think I used a commercial font for the second series.

After the first two sheets I started incorporating puzzles into the pages, but to my knowledge no one ever figured any of them out. In most cases the puzzles were simple substitution ciphers that revealed lines from the Hellraiser movies, but by the time I did the last one I was working in multiple hidden messages using historic methods like the Vigenere and dot ciphers as well as geometric puzzles based on clues in the text.

And, yes, I realize I probably sound inordinately proud of my own cleverness.

Unfortunately, I quit making them individually after discovering a dealer in Texas had scanned one of the original sets and was selling fuzzy, blobby copies by the ream at conventions. That experience convinced me that it's just too easy to copy paper props, so now I only use fragments of them as part of "Cabinet of Curiosities" style assemblage pieces.

-MM

You won't have to look very far to find where they came from. Heh.

There were seven different folio sheets in the initial series that Doc has and two in the very limited second series. The text on the sheets is archaic French, modified from an 18th century book on the occult, while the artwork is based on a blend of patent illustrations and period mystic iconography. In the first series I fudged the glyphs with either the "Glyphis" or "Cthulhu Runes" freeware fonts, but I think I used a commercial font for the second series.

After the first two sheets I started incorporating puzzles into the pages, but to my knowledge no one ever figured any of them out. In most cases the puzzles were simple substitution ciphers that revealed lines from the Hellraiser movies, but by the time I did the last one I was working in multiple hidden messages using historic methods like the Vigenere and dot ciphers as well as geometric puzzles based on clues in the text.

And, yes, I realize I probably sound inordinately proud of my own cleverness.

Unfortunately, I quit making them individually after discovering a dealer in Texas had scanned one of the original sets and was selling fuzzy, blobby copies by the ream at conventions. That experience convinced me that it's just too easy to copy paper props, so now I only use fragments of them as part of "Cabinet of Curiosities" style assemblage pieces.

-MM

Very cool to know where these came from. They are really stunning. I bought these framed on eBay many moon ago. The quality is quite good (not blobby) so I presume I got a set of the originals. Either way, really amazing work. So I am missing 4 of the total?

Doc

I am afraid I don't have scans of them. Are you looking for the prints from Channard's study? Forgive my photography and my wife still has control of the mantle (I have several cubes under glass awaiting that spot . . . oh yes . . .)-

PictureorVideo025.jpg

PictureorVideo023.jpg

PictureorVideo022.jpg

PictureorVideo021.jpg

PictureorVideo020-1.jpg

PictureorVideo019-1.jpg

I acquired them some time ago framed. Hope that helps.

Doc

Those are really nice. Are they from the fourth movie?

Ok, I am done with the first one.

l_892fe8be3dca7002dfe48e0d8214439f.jpg

But I did it in Illustrator and I can't seem to save it in jpeg form
to share it. I really don't want to give it out in editable form because
I don't want anyone changing it and dropping it on ebay. I also don't
know how to host a file. I have a two webpages, but have not really
masters how to have a seperate page to host things on.

Nicely done. :thumbsup If you want to create a .JPG, save it out as an .EPS and bring it into Photoshop.

Regardless, if you share it where people can print it, you're pretty much doomed to having it show up on eBay. :angry

I guess that is true. I'll have to share it with so many people no one would need to buy it.
I really only wanted this side of the puzzle box, but I might as well make the other sheets
so people will have the whole set.

This reminds me, the music they play in Hellraiser II at the point where Dr. Chanard and Julia first see Leviathan, there's chanting in the background that is supposedly in morse code that spells out GOD.

On a related note, any one know where to get the photo of Pinheads human alter ego...the one Christie finds in Chanards study?

This reminds me, the music they play in Hellraiser II at the point where Dr. Chanard and Julia first see Leviathan, there's chanting in the background that is supposedly in morse code that spells out GOD.

On a related note, any one know where to get the photo of Pinheads human alter ego...the one Christie finds in Chanards study?

There was a thread a while back offering a beautiful sepiatone (sp) version for a few bucks. Very nice. I also think the photo was on one of the paper threads a while back-

doc

I actually bought an etching tank years ago to etch the Hellraiser panels in very thin brass, but I could never come up with photo ready artwork to work from! Thanks Firefox! I may have to pic this project back up.

I found these a while ago; I'm not sure of the site (If anyone does know, though, please let me know so I can credit!). Hope they help!

panel3c_diagram.gif

panel2c_diagram.gif

panel1c_diagram.gif

I guess that is true. I'll have to share it with so many people no one would need to buy it.
I really only wanted this side of the puzzle box, but I might as well make the other sheets
so people will have the whole set.
What you can do is to print them out when you're done and mail it out to people who want them for a small fee, if only just to get back the cost for your ink, envelope and postage.

Printing directly from Illistrator is gonna be a lot better quality then printing from a jpeg file.

Héhé, didn't look for him on this forum. Anyway, since he's posting these pics on his blog, I assume that he doesn't mind if people use them to make some paper props for themselves. If I ever see these popping up for sale, I'm sure gonna give Propnomicon a message to warn him that his work is being abused. As I can read on his blog, this happened before, apparently.

I did a little research (no, that's not through, I asked for it on a newsgroup ;) ), and the font used in the picture above is this one:

Black Chancery Font | dafont.com

I'm trying to find out the font on the picture I posted (the font used on the pictures of the pages of Dr. Channard).

With these fonts and high res schema's of the panels that can be found on the net (look for them on deviantart), people can start making their own pages. I hope if people do, that they share their work in the paper prop section...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back