salzo's 37 1/2 galactica build instructions

thanks guys :)
there will be more parts added, im ordering more kits for detail parts, im not sure yet how far im going with add on parts.
im thinking of adding the morser karl frames for those who want the see through look and don't want to file the kit part.

IMG_2329.JPG

im also going to try and make this part, there are two more needed for the engine plate

IMG_2330.JPG

if any one has any ideas for additional detail parts that you want, throw it out there and i'll see what I can do

I would love to get a set of your add on parts also! Especially those open frames as I cut out ONE and it did not turn as that sharp so I'm not sure I have it in me to do any more. I was going to just get the Dragon #27 kits, but they are hard to come by.

Thanks!

I would love to get a set of your add on parts also! Especially those open frames as I cut out ONE and it did not turn as that sharp so I'm not sure I have it in me to do any more. I was going to just get the Dragon #27 kits, but they are hard to come by.

Thanks!
yes they are getting very expensive also, as those who do have them have raised there price, 3000toys is where I got mine a few weeks ago, now they are out.

these are the new resin copies
IMG_2338.JPG

and here they are resting in there new home

IMG_2337.JPG

Yep, Your casting looks great, cant wait to see more of your build.Super.......Thanks Jim

thanks Kermit, and thank you all for the kind comments :D

im still coming up with parts, a few more doo dads are in silicone, and im done
here is a few parts I just made the frames came out great, im happy with them.

IMG_2354.JPG IMG_2350.JPG IMG_2351.JPGIMG_2352.JPGIMG_2353.JPGIMG_2355.JPGIMG_2356.JPG

the last pics shows the placement of the parts. for those who don't know what the round part is, its a bottle cap, on the studio model they used a beer cap. the leopold parts I will not be casting they are there for the pic only and mikes parts are great, the side walls you can make using styrene or buy the kit, they sell for under $20 shipped and you need only one.
the extinguisher is not 100%, it's more like 75% as it should be a little longer....but not by much, but it is better than nothing and I don't have time to make a super accurate one. you will receive a set of 4 only two are shown.

before I forget, I need to give credit where it is due, I was going to add this on the next video but I don't have time right now as im slammed at work. so hopefully this is good for now...

concerning the engine light box, months ago I had seen someone's build somewhere and though I really like how he built the light box. months later im building this ship and wanted to do something similar to what I had seen, turns out though, I built it the exact same thing, it wasn't my intention to copy someone's idea to that degree, it just happened.
I didn't notice it until I got searching for reference pics and saw the light box I had seen before. it was from a member here "cabour " :)
so cabour if your offended im really sorry, if not, thanks for killer idea lol
if you have not already, check out his thread for an incredible build !!!!

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=222490

Fantastic job can I ask for the same as Tordoc? I have $$$ burning a hole in me pocket for something like your enhancement parts. Keep up the GREAT work.
Tim

Those look great. Let us know how much and where to send you our $$$

Ken

Fantastic job can I ask for the same as Tordoc? I have $$$ burning a hole in me pocket for something like your enhancement parts. Keep up the GREAT work.
Tim

thank you guys,
I will do my best to get the other mold made. im casting parts as I cast other stuff for other orders, so I do have some stuff ready to go I just need to finish up. I should have full sets ready shortly

I have just finished watching the first six videos of your BSG build and have really enjoyed witnessing this awesome kit take shape.I am hoping to purchase one of these kits in the near future and really appreciate your technique etc. inspiring!

star lord- thank you :) I hope you get one, its a killer model

so here are all the parts including the new ones

these are the parts in the pics are what you will receive

IMG_2382.JPGIMG_2383.JPGIMG_2384.JPGIMG_2385.JPGIMG_2386.JPG

I do my very best to insure there are no bubbles, all parts are pressure cast.

$60 shipped in the conus outside the states please pm me for shipping cost.
you can also contact me through my face book page link on the bottom

so FREE SHIPPING IN THE UNITED STATES

Last edited:
Those parts look great Trooper. It's amazing what people have done to add to this great kit by Mike Salzo. This kit will go down in history as one of the greatest garage kits of all time!

thank you :)

yes it will, I was blown away when I opened the box and saw the first part, the amount of detail was incredible !!!

This is where mine sits. Hope to get back on it soon.

Attachments

• 2ufej9i.jpg
    2ufej9i.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Galactica parts.jpg
    Galactica parts.jpg
    865.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Salzo parts.jpg
    Salzo parts.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
im going to add a thread in the J/Y so it wont take up space here, BUT

just in case any one was wanting certain parts instead of the parts kit, pm me and let me know what it is you want.
shipping is not included on individual parts

morser karl frames (3) $15
Saturn v rocket part $10
light boxes $10
leopold strips ( flat parts with holes ) $10
bottle cap with flat plate $5
flak part ( just above the light boxes in first pic) $5
all other misc detail parts are $5
rocket cone free

Last edited:
Received my parts today. They are beautifully cast with almost zero clean up. You can certainly tell the care that went into casting these parts. Well worth the cost and highly recommended for Mike's awesome Galactica kit!!

Attachments

• 0805151637b.jpg
    0805151637b.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 114
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back