Rogue One Vader costume

It honestly looks a lot better in that pic than I expected...... Like, MUCH better. You're never going to get as good as the original, but this is so much better than ROTS. As soon as people start making replicas of the armor and helmet, I'll be all over it.

FotorCreated.jpg

Made this quick comparison. I used the 501st reference images for the original Vader suits, it was somewhat hard to find a good shot for the ROTS suit, so I just used that one. Really not sure why they chose to go with the larger cod piece, but I'm sure there's a logical reason as to why, it could be covering something, like stitching or a seam, in the crotch area of the suit or something. But asides from that I think the Rogue One suit looks pretty good. And I imagine he may have his cape pulled back a bit, on the shoulders, during the saber fight. I'd say they chose to place the inner robe under the chest plate, because it looks better.

I've been hearing both over and under tunic is used in the movie. By the end of the film the inner tunic will run over the armor in time for ANH. His new Rogue One Hasbro figure reflects the tunic over the armor and it's an all new sculpt, not a reissue, the Hasbro experts tell me. All the other pics show tunic under, but they are not showing or releasing everything yet, of course.

View attachment 669004

Made this quick comparison. I used the 501st reference images for the original Vader suits, it was somewhat hard to find a good shot for the ROTS suit, so I just used that one. Really not sure why they chose to go with the larger cod piece, but I'm sure there's a logical reason as to why, it could be covering something, like stitching or a seam, in the crotch area of the suit or something. But asides from that I think the Rogue One suit looks pretty good. And I imagine he may have his cape pulled back a bit, on the shoulders, during the saber fight. I'd say they chose to place the inner robe under the chest plate, because it looks better.

Is that a reveal helmet he is wearing? Zooming in on the higher qualiy pic that TheIronGAMING posted, I see cuts through the tubes at about the same place where the facemask would detach from the neck.

5d7006560356bea38da8a59aa78efb13.jpg

Last edited:
FettKlump, I do see the spaces between the tusks that would make it a reveal mask. Interesting.

Regarding the comparisons of all the Vaders, I'm sure GINO could throw something together with all his Vaders to clearly show the differences between all the movies. His would be more accurate in terms of costume and mannequin type over "normal" people wearing their for the 501st.

The only explanation for the bigger cod is that Vader obviously has a bigger part.

Got me. *insert laughing crying emoji*

But yeah, aside from the enormous cod piece, I think it looks good. It looks like Vader, unlike ROTS that look like a child's Darth Vader costume.

Interesting. It would be cool if we get some ESB style shots of Vader with his helmet being removed in his mediation chamber.

Also, sidenote, a reveal style helmet would be a nice way for Hasbro to make a Black Series Vader helmet. So far both the Kylo and Stormtrooper helmets have come in multiple pieces (obviously the stormtrooper did a much better job concealing the seams).

But seeing as Hasbro likes to make these in multiple parts, the could easily make a reveal style helmet. And given that they included all the interior mask detail on their Iron Man helmet, I think it's possible they could do the same on a Vader.

Saw this today.... Looks like the lines are there to make it look like its a reveal helmet, though it very well just may be there for show, and not for functional purposes.
image.jpeg

Yeah, I imagine we'll get a scene where the helmet is removed or something like that. Maybe we'll see Vader in his meditation chamber, that would be cool. I'd like to see them do that because they could show how Vader really is suffering under that suit. And we've never really witnessed that on screen.

Still.. that's kind of strange. I get a positive impression off Edwards with regards to nerdy details, but I always thought the conceit was that the lines indicating the reveal on the mask effectively 'disappear' when joined.

Still.. that's kind of strange. I get a positive impression off Edwards with regards to nerdy details, but I always thought the conceit was that the lines indicating the reveal on the mask effectively 'disappear' when joined.

I always found that jarring in ROTS when the mask is lowered into place, the side tubes don't line up! If there were a place to fix things with CG, that would be the place.

2:14 here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6bEs3dxjPg

Ep-4-Vader-Black-Series-Featured.jpg

If the Hasbro Black Series is reliable, for film accuracy, I'd say we will be seeing the robes over the chest armor, like in ANH. They revealed this Vader at NYCC today, and it's from the second wave of the Rogue One figures.

How hard do you guys think it would be to convert the ANH PCR EFX helmet into a rogue one helmet? Just from taking a look at the two, the cheeks would have to be shaved down to reshape them to the rogue one look, and the neck would need to be widened just slightly. The dome would require some work as well, but I'm honestly really tempted to give it a go. image.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back