Rogue One: Diego Luna/Captain Cassian Andor Costume Research

Well you have to ask him if he made them for the movie or not but they look pretty close to me so I would have to say their screen accurate as far as I'm concerned.

I am by no stretch of the imagination considered a credible source of course so your mileage may vary...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using a hacked pirate satellite in a decaying orbit

Hey, that's cool. Philo's replicas are very good. About 95% accurate to the original dosimeters. But given how rare the originals are, it's clear to me R1 must have used replicas, and I'm curious who made them. If Philo did, good for him!

Not that rare, I found a few recently at a good price. I'm waiting for them to arrive...

The original blue capped dosimeters? I've only seem them in the wild once in about 6 years, and they were a fortune. Some later styles have been more common. Did ya find a secret stash?

I am in the process of reworking the "bloodstripes" on the sleeves of my jacket. Upon inspection of the Columbia Jynn jacket, it looks like the stripes were a box-pleated ultra-suede like material painted a pale yellow, which should not be too difficult to duplicate. Anybody else nail down exactly how the stripes were done?

I am in the process of reworking the "bloodstripes" on the sleeves of my jacket. Upon inspection of the Columbia Jynn jacket, it looks like the stripes were a box-pleated ultra-suede like material painted a pale yellow, which should not be too difficult to duplicate. Anybody else nail down exactly how the stripes were done?

Hmm... the pics in the Vis Guide do not look at all like box pleats to me. Perhaps the Columbia jacket is not accurate? I know.. highly unlikely, right? ;). Look at the pic on Pg. 57. there is space between the end of each has and the seam.

The original blue capped dosimeters? I've only seem them in the wild once in about 6 years, and they were a fortune. Some later styles have been more common. Did ya find a secret stash?
Unsure, they were located in New Mexico for about $45 each.

Unsure, they were located in New Mexico for about $45 each.

Luck you! I saw a pair come up for sale on a surplus site about 4 years go. Sold for over $200. Might not go for as much now since decent replicas have lessened demand some. I got mine in a trade. I considered myself really lucky! If they have bunches, you could tip off the Imperial Officer Corps. Some folks there would love to get their hands on some originals. Some of the later types occasionally come up for sale at decent prices. Some of those actually screen accurate for ANH.... a couple of characters did not use the standard "blue top" model.

I'm going to see what I can do with an N3B military parka. I mean....

s-l1600.jpg
The original contractor is offering them new, but I found one a little cheaper on Ebay. (The ones by Rothco are half the price, but less authentic)
http://www.alphaindustries.com/mens-parkas/alpha-industries-n-3b-parka.htm

Avoid the Rothco.

Alpha Ind is not a gov contractor, any more than Rothco is.
Both claim to be but use inferior materials.

Real ones will run several hundred when new and are usually flame retardant.

I have an AI M1A and M65 as well as a Rothco Parka and M65.
The zippers jam on all of them.

I've never had any problems with the zippers on the 2 real M65's I have.

So I know the screen-accurate boots are the Frye boots. But, I also can't justify putting half a paycheck to a pair of boots I plan on putting holes into. It's like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane to me.

So, I searched Amazon for a decent replacement that wouldn't make me feel like Fred Sanford when seeing the price tag.

And I found these:

7e747b1ae2a98d899fe505da828682cd.jpg

9ab97270480fcf9ecd7785bc2bffa654.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PWW92XW/ref=oh_aui_i_d_rec_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 10.5 I bought fit like a dream, so sizing may to be spot on? Another reviewer evidently had issues, so I wouldn't be destructive when opening the package if you buy a pair.

ETA: Also, anybody have any suggestions for getting rid of the logo on the sides?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I guess if I'm going to comment on other people's work, I should share my own. I'm a thrift store builder, creating for Halloween and work events like May the 4th. (I work in a public library and we do theme days) I grabbed Cassian's Nerf gun when it was on sale to do a repaint and that led me to wanting to do the whole outfit. I found a jacket at a surplus shop that claimed it was a US trooper jacket. It's a little small, but it fits well enough and had lots of pieces I could remove and re-purpose. Still some detailing to add, quilting stitches, waist band straps etc. I'm also wondering if it needs to be shorter.
I've got an off-white twill shirt I'm going to do the pillow case mod on and found some cargo pants that once had the drawstrings on the legs.
My biggest concern is the belt. Not looking forward to having to order one from Britain.
tag.jpgcollar.jpgdetails.jpgjacket mods.jpgjacket back.jpgjacket front.jpg

Man, that Magnoli jacket is tempting. Although it is just me, or does the chest greeblie pocket look small?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back