Rogue One Costumes Displays at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016

As stated, the top compartment is actually a plastic norwegian ammo box, grenade box to be more specific! But these are pretty common and sell for around $20 :cool

Apparently the Hover Tank Troopers (and the lifesize Tank itself!) were supposed to be on display at CE2016 this past weekend, but they were in Pinewood for reshoots instead.

Not sure if this link will work, but lots of good ShoreTrooper photos here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1440136026011824&type=1

Thanks Howlrunner,

those are my pics that i posted to FB Shed of Glittering Delights group - the Photobucket folder has been posted by me in this thread - but for ease is available here:

http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/Ian_Reach/library/SWCE - RO - Shoretrooper?sort=2&page=1

All to feel free to use.

Best,
Yutani Exec

View attachment 645597

As revealed in the Star Wars Archaeology panel at Celebration 2016, this is the newer version (pre-weathering) of the Stormtrooper helmet made for the Rogue One. Changes from the original helmet include a cleaner, streamlined design, sharper indented frown, actual cut-out slots for the side and cheek vents as well as a separately molded vocoder.

I know the purists are aghast, but I like the upgraded, modern interpretation... I would buy an Anovos or (god forbid) an eFX of this bucket. It definitely looks like this 8-year old in 1977 thought it would have looked like up close when seeing it on the big screen... man, how I had to fight to see a PG movie at that age... sheesh...

I'll be honest I'm not sure I have much to contribute to the discussion here but I absolutely loved the Rogue One costumes & props at Celebration, I felt like they were all spot on, perfect ANH era look

I'm no expert & it wasn't until I was right next to the Stormtroopers that I even noticed the subtle changes to the armour & helmet, I liked them I think they make total sense whilst retaining the classic ANH Stormtrooper look to all but the most observant viewers. I'd love to have one of these new helmets, the cut out stripes look really good to me

For all the smartening up of the Stormtrooper Armour itself I enjoyed how rough & ready the casting of the E11 blasters actually looked up close (very OT)

I also liked how the Death Trooper & Shore Trooper blasters were basically variant E11's :)

I also though it was very nice that they've used the SE-14 blaster as the Death Trooper sidearm, they didn't need to do that it was a cool touch to re-use the design

I think the designers & builders on this have paid real respect & attention to the original films in making the costumes & props fit

things have been pretty quiet for me prop wise this year, I enjoyed TFA but for some reason it didn't fire me up to build & paint props but Rogue one is making me want to build & collect again.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    587.1 KB · Views: 206
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 274
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 247
I had a closer look at this ribbed stuff and it is definately fabric...NOT rubber, as you can see the stitching and where they hemmed the ends. think of the shiny stuff many people use for the TK neckseals, that would come close IMHO (lycra?)

Hi OdiWan72,

many of the 'ribbed' components of the deathtrooper i did assume where the same type of gasket material similar to that used on TFA troopers. However, when looking again at some of the pics posted, then one can see stitching detail for various components - so no longer sure about the gasket material for many parts. Although some parts such components of the belt did appear to be rubber gasket material-like.

The new stormtroopers had stitched ribbed undersuits - certainly for the visible joint areas such as elbows and back of knee etc. This was even more apparent on the shoretroopers, although interestingly the chest and back armour also had a neoprene component running below the plates and over the shoulder, overlaying the stitched ribbed undersuit.

Yutani Exec

I had a closer look at this ribbed stuff and it is definately fabric...NOT rubber, as you can see the stitching and where they hemmed the ends. think of the shiny stuff many people use for the TK neckseals, that would come close IMHO (lycra?)

Thanks for your reply, I'll have a hunt for it [emoji4]

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back