Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

Yeah those facts made the end of ANH feel a little awkward to me now. Seeing Han and Luke up there getting medals with no recognition of all the people who died to get them there. Even the line "The plans provided by Princess Leia..." felt like a punch to the gut now.

wow...this is true....it really does demean their sacrifice doesn't it. But then again I would say it's no less valid than a soldier getting an award for doing something in a battle, and yet many may have died just so he could get to the area where he did his heroic deed. Just because he gets a medal for his heroics, it isn't a slap in the face to those who came before him, is it?

Surely the Rebels have their own Veteran's Day or something.

I edited it out so it would not be a 10 page argument on discussion protocol which has occurred plenty in other movie threads. Just easier to edit it and let others with more time spell it out. Thanks.

Or, this is radical thinking here, just not be a ******. Theres always that. But hey, even in this comment you cant not be one, so Im chalking it up to that is just who you are.

wow...this is true....it really does demean their sacrifice doesn't it. But then again I would say it's no less valid than a soldier getting an award for doing something in a battle, and yet many may have died just so he could get to the area where he did his heroic deed. Just because he gets a medal for his heroics, it isn't a slap in the face to those who came before him, is it?

Surely the Rebels have their own Veteran's Day or something.

Reminds me of this scene from LOTR:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maaaaybe (and this is a big maybe cuz the movie is slowly becoming a haze for me...so forgive me if this is WAY off) but MAYBE since this is only days after a call to surrender, and Rogue One, "going rogue", their teams lack of credit during the briefing was kind of a "disavowing"... or at least just not bringing it up to keep the pilots on point with their objective and not focusing on the lack of support for the team of Rogue Rebals at the beginning.

Rogue one would be brought up more during the post-mortem.

A bit badly acted in places. most noteably on the part of the imperial agents who came across as mouth breathers.

wow, what a diverse movie (sarcasm) ;o)

No reason at all for saw to be in the movie other than a throw back.

Biggs, Red Leader, Gold leader, Red Leader tilted head recreation. Blue Squadron (as it was in the books). The abandoned sith temple supposed to be used for ROTJ as darths hideout.

General Sendula (no rebels suspense there).

Darth sounded like darth 50% of the time, other half not so much.

Why did Darth need to make a Funny with a goofy choke gesture no less?

Imperial Director costumes gotten at Star Trek TOS depot.

Darth Vader Costume Provided by Rubies.

All in all, I liked it a little better than TFA's.

Oh, and Tarkin is just creepy. something wrong about cgi'ing the dead.

Isn't that so true to life, though?

Unless you're there at the end, people seem to forget those who were involved.

I like to think that the Rogue Group title was given to the surviving red squadron members post-DS1 to commemorate the Rogue 1 members. They are essentially what led to the fighters in the trench run being able to do what they did, so to reorganize them as "Rogue Squadron/ Group" seems fitting.

There ya go, not forgotten. :thumbsup They all were still in the midst of war and existence one day to the next was in doubt, there simply would not
be a lot of time to be recognizing the fallen so quickly, the next existential fight was already imminent, as we know they were chased down relentlessly
by the time ESB occurred.

Loved the movie! Personally the Vader "personality" change from R1 to ANH didn't bother me. I just chalked it up to another one of Anakin's out of control tirades. Very similar to how he reacted when his mom died. He slaughtered the Sand People.....every last one of them. Of course he was probably pissed that his incompetent Empire "co-worksers" couldn't obtain the DS plans so he he went ballistic. By the time he got to the Tantive IV in ANH he was probably a little bit more mellowed out. He got his frustrations out on the Rebel soldiers earlier in the day!!! Seems possible so possibly now canon.

Last edited:
Well after reading all these comments in the last 12-13 pages I think George needs to redo-re-release an newer Extra Special Edition of ANH so that he can fix all the inaccuracies in his movie. He should have known this was going to happen!!!!:D

I didn't think it was a scout commando. Where did I say that it was a scout commando?

I just thought it was just a merc with a stolen helmet. But I wanted to know more about the character.

Oops sorry bout that it was the dude you quoted put the scout commander in it .
That is weird thery don't have anything on the character there usually pretty through .

Utinni said:
Did I miss the Wilhelm Scream?

- Jeff
If it was missed then i'm glad it finally was.

During the Rebel attack on Eadu. Jyn climbs up onto the platform, grabs a blaster from a trooper's hand and pushes him off the platform, Wilhelm.

I've seen a couple of posts in this thread that Biggs had a cameo. That's not true, is it?

I mean, it doesn't work with the timeline, at least according to the deleted scenes at Toshi Station.

The Wook

I've seen a couple of posts in this thread that Biggs had a cameo. That's not true, is it?

I mean, it doesn't work with the timeline, at least according to the deleted scenes at Toshi Station.

The Wook
Sorta maybe. There's a background rebel pilot that resembles Biggs on Yavin and I think has his helmet. You can interpret that as you will.

Of course some will claim this violates the SW space time continuum if it is Biggs and thus the Biggs scene (lost footage on Tatooine) must not be cannon.

I like to think the Tatooine Biggs scene IS cannon as it appears in the novel and original Marvel comic adaption (OK that might be stretching it I know). I still think they should edit it back into Episode 4.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've seen a couple of posts in this thread that Biggs had a
cameo. That's not true, is it?

The Wook
I think some people are getting Wedge confused with Biggs as well .

Well, was Wedge in it? I only saw Red Leader and Gold Leader, as far as ANH rebel pilots go.

The Wook

Yeah hes flying around out there at least two out of three of him .
Denis Lawson as wedges face and body was seen they even brought back David Ankrum to Do do his voice again . although Colin Higgins who played the " fake " wedge at the briefing in ANH was unfortunately not asked back for R1 .

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back