robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 15/6 hands for everyone!

Yes sir, I'll try as soon as my internet permits me (or I find another computer). It's goin' slow again, that's why I haven't been able to send ya the pics yet. =/
@robo, those arms look great! :D
Kinda reminds me of Jax from Mortal Kombat lol.

your glove look great glad some one pep them gloves.

gloveslj.jpg

how much space is in there ?
as a lot of us have these
Sticknpress_3pck_LED_Light.jpg
from the £ or $ shops

if any one have taken one apart and got it to fit please post photos.

thank you

your glove look great glad some one pep them gloves.

how much space is in there ?
as a lot of us have these
Sticknpress_3pck_LED_Light.jpg
from the £ or $ shops

if any one have taken one apart and got it to fit please post photos.

thank you
I have those, I tried, you can't make it thin enough. Well, that's if the gloves are screen accurate, the gloves are pretty close to your hands.

Last edited:

thanks robo for the gloves! ive been waiting for a glove pep to try out for my mark V. i think with some slight modifications these will work out perfectly! thanks again!

i think i found a light that might be better than those lights. they are called brinkmann go leds the ones that are non water proff are smaller, but the water proof ones are eaiser to find in stores.

00327698_360x360.jpg

however, they only have one led per light.

Hi 12382!!! lol
The problem is trying to get something thin enough to fit inside the gloves, as I said the walls of the glove are pretty close to your hand. I just took mine apart again, and the height of the led's alone are a problem. Moving around would probably mess it up or break it. I'm sending my glove
4648864100_138d3da501_b.jpg

Over to Lo_techstark for unfolding since I can't find Dubean anywhere, after that I'll put it together and tell you guys if it will work with these dollar store-type lights. The other problem I have with these little things is that even when lit up, you can see the led itself, instead of being a uniform, solid light. Maybe a cut milk carton placed under the plastic casing would diffuse it a little better.

Oooh.... good find! *favorites*
I wonder how we're all going to light the huge freakin triangle sitting in the middle of the chest.
896 leds? o__O

I wonder how we're all going to light the huge freakin triangle sitting in the middle of the chest.
896 leds? o__O
Ah, that's gotta be an EL sheet. That's what I'm gonna do anyway.

actually just a frosted glass cover and 3-6 super bright white led's should suffice. trick being you'll have to wire them yourself as nothing store bought will suffice in this case

Hi 12382!!! lol
The problem is trying to get something thin enough to fit inside the gloves, as I said the walls of the glove are pretty close to your hand. I just took mine apart again, and the height of the led's alone are a problem. Moving around would probably mess it up or break it. I'm sending my glove
4648864100_138d3da501_b.jpg

Over to Lo_techstark for unfolding since I can't find Dubean anywhere, after that I'll put it together and tell you guys if it will work with these dollar store-type lights. The other problem I have with these little things is that even when lit up, you can see the led itself, instead of being a uniform, solid light. Maybe a cut milk carton placed under the plastic casing would diffuse it a little better.

Ya,send what ever you want over to me I'll unfold what ever you need.I sent you a pm with my email address

Ah, that's gotta be an EL sheet. That's what I'm gonna do anyway.
I thought about that, but is EL sheet gonna be bright enough for something that size?
actually just a frosted glass cover and 3-6 super bright white led's should suffice. trick being you'll have to wire them yourself as nothing store bought will suffice in this case
Yeah, well if that works for me (probably trying EL sheet first) I'll put up a tutorial for it if anyone doesn't know how to. :)
That is a good idea though, frosted glass...
Ya,send what ever you want over to me I'll unfold what ever you need.I sent you a pm with my email address
PM sent,
Sorry for bringin your topic off track robo, I'm just thinkin' too far ahead lol.
The lighting is my favorite part of working on Iron Man suits ^__^

Have you guys checked out masked riders wip? If you go back a few pages. You can see what he uses for the palm repulsors and where he gets it off eBay.

Its really cool. I'd link it but I'm on my phone.

896 leds? o__O
lol
maybe 1034? :p jk but u havnt been on stick cam for a while i saw dubean there i think yesterday.

i think i found a light that might be better than those lights. they are called brinkmann go leds the ones that are non water proff are smaller, but the water proof ones are eaiser to find in stores.

00327698_360x360.jpg

however, they only have one led per light.
what about using 3 of these in a triangle pattern inside of a frosted acrylic dome?
200884231923481.jpg
You could make one dome and push it down into some oil clay covered in plastic wrap, pour in some castin craft clear resin and viola! cheap clear dome with leds embedded inside, and then run the wires to a switch under the bigger shell that covers the top of the glove.

looking good balmung.....

-------

just a quick note to let you guys know i'm working on the supports for all that's been released so far.....they should hopefully be available sometime before i got to bed (ie. in the next 9-10 hours)

EDIT: supports are now available in the first post

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back