robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 13/6/10 Hand preview on page 4

Dude that arm look amazing! How is movement? Good? I realize it isn't hardened and you need to be careful. But should a user get full movement once hardened and a pivotal system for elbow is in place.

as far as shoulder movement goes it should be great, was a little hard to judge forearm movement...but i think once it has some kind of hinge on there it should be quite good...

Heeej I am a big fan of your models. I'm definatly planning to make your armor once I have time. I don't know how statisfied you are with the hand.. I think it looks great, but I am unsure about the joints. This movie might give you some ideas about the joints in the actual hand from the movies.. it starts around 5:00

again I'm a big fan, so I'm not trying to badmouth you, just hope to inspire you so you can keep up the great work!

MakingOf - Movies - Iron Man 2 - Legacy Studios "Iron Man 2" Suit Tour

i actually used that video as reference when i modeled the hand and i think i matched it fairly closely to what was shown....having built the hand it seems to work quite well...

Robo... any way we can get pep files that have the open edges capped off? Or at least with support struts. I slush cast Smooth Cast 300 inside my pieces to harden them. It's quick, easy and can be drilled, sanded etc.

I'd like to build each piece and then cap off the open spots... put a circular hole about .25 inches wide and then pour in resin, slush around then remove caps... or if you could just include support struts.. that would work too. I could just use plastic sheeting across open areas.

i will be doing struts sometime this week

Quick question; can the brace with the circular opening be adapted to the triangular one just by cutting a triangle rather than a circle? I've got the back, and chest piece done, and the abs are about 60% done and would like to complete the upper part of the suit.

C

the brace for the triangular hole had to be slightly wider than the one for the circle so you might be able to make an all in one from the MkVI brace, not sure........i think you'd be best to just make both braces if you want to swap between mkIV and mkVI

Here's a pic of the triangular chest piece, never built a chest piece before though so go easy on me :confused . Also it may look a bit...off, but think that is because it's not connected to the back, which need to get a start on!

Robo the arm looks great, wasn't sure how it'd look at first but all put together it is quite something, and Arspec I am jealous or your back :confused, hope mine turns out that good!

chest piece looks good...

One more thing. Any way we can get6 these unfolded Letter size instead of A4? Dubean is a great unfolded and he might be up for it.

J

well dubean has had the files for a number of weeks now but since the 405th went down i haven't heard anything from him....

---------------------

I'll be posting some pics of the hand today, and if i get the handplate done, will be releasing the files....

since the 405th has gone down I have been having withdrawals... thank god for therpf

alrighty then....wow i can't believe this thread is up over 120 replies already....

here we have the finished gloves

gloveslj.jpg

once hardened and hinged (which i'll leave to people smarter than myself) they should prove to be quite mobile...

they should provide a good starting point, hence why i didn't make them overly detailed on the palm....i'll leave that for you guys....

i'm off to work on the handplate now so hopefully the pep files for all these will be up sometime tomorrow....

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 15/6 finished glove pictures on page 5!

That turned out so great :)

Last edited:

EXCELLENT! Looks very close to the glove in the video. Just wondering though, is it missing a top piece to the palm?
You're amazing at modeling!
For the under glove, I made a foamies version over a cotton glove and used the latex puffy paint to make joints, I think Ill do this version the same except with resined hand and fingers, you just put on the gloves, and dab a little hot glue on the fingers and slide the finger/palm or whatever over that part, once its all connected and dried, just insert a rubber glove inside of the cotton glove, blow it up just enough to make it look like there's a hand in it, tie the glove up, and then apply the fabric paint in thick striped across the joints, Its very flexible and rubbery! There ya go, mini glove tutorial!
29686_401314397299_841892299_3987887_8341493_n.jpg
g6145.jpg

you can see on the parts I completed how the craft puffy paint worked out. Its good stuff. and Im thinking you could get red and use that. It comes in a million colors and is about a buck for a bottle, would be more than enough to do a set. And also you could take some fine grit sandpaper and rub it to make it less shiny but why would you want to do that :lol
Thanks! I just stuck with the original scale meant for about a 6ft person, so if you're the same build as me then yea that should work great.
Yup, it should! Thanks for posting those pics.

Last edited:

EXCELLENT! Looks very close to the glove in the video. Just wondering though, is it missing a top piece to the palm?

yeh it is....

because the practical one had a soft piece for the majoirty of the palm i had to kind of improvise....

but with something in that top part of the palm the movement of the hand (especially when making a fist) was limited quite a lot, hence nothing there....lol....

yeh it is....

because the practical one had a soft piece for the majoirty of the palm i had to kind of improvise....

but with something in that top part of the palm the movement of the hand (especially when making a fist) was limited quite a lot, hence nothing there....lol....
Ahhhh ok I gotcha! Sorry for my mistake. hmm, foamies covered in puffy paint would make a good flexi part!

looks like they used guitar strings as a hinge/hold up the pieces together in that vid.

looks like they used guitar strings as a hinge/hold up the pieces together in that vid.

seems that way

-----------------

good news, hand files are now linked in the first post

fingers are in a separate file so you only have to make one lot and cast....

also i know it seems like the hand plate is enormous....but...it is...lol....i've checked it against my refs and it seems accurately sized.......

Last edited:
Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 15/6 hands for everyone!

Howdy folks, first time on RPF. Found my way over from 405th since it's been down forever.

Anywho, I've started working on Robos Mark VI chest and it's coming along nicely.

Eo5SSM3WUwtU.jpg

t45wnnD2Ouy3.jpg

Just have a bit of edge work to do and the supports.

lookin good jonny.....i see a few 405th people venturing over here since the site went down....

here's a look at the complete arm pep from shoulder to fingertip.....
armcomplete.jpg

and a quick photoshop of 2 arms
2arms.jpg

You are a PEPPPING BEAST! That is amazing ROBO. I have never seen someone both design and pep something so fast.

I really really really hope someone will do a smooth unfold aka Dubean or MrOreo from 405th.. the pieces at Letter size.

lookin good jonny.....i see a few 405th people venturing over here since the site went down....

here's a look at the complete arm pep from shoulder to fingertip.....
armcomplete.jpg

and a quick photoshop of 2 arms
2arms.jpg

Howdy folks, first time on RPF. Found my way over from 405th since it's been down forever.

Anywho, I've started working on Robos Mark VI chest and it's coming along nicely.

That's Robo's file- LoTechStark unfold?
I noticed a lot of the fold locations are different from what I have.

alrighty then....wow i can't believe this thread is up over 120 replies already....

here we have the finished gloves

gloveslj.jpg

once hardened and hinged (which i'll leave to people smarter than myself) they should prove to be quite mobile...

they should provide a good starting point, hence why i didn't make them overly detailed on the palm....i'll leave that for you guys....

i'm off to work on the handplate now so hopefully the pep files for all these will be up sometime tomorrow....
hey man i really love the detail on the but from what i can see the base of the thumb is missing and the knuckle part as well am i right? Are you gonna add these parts?

Robo has already stated that those areas would be covered by your undersuit glove or perhaps foam inserts. The official gloves didn't even have these areas included.

hey man i really love the detail on the but from what i can see the base of the thumb is missing and the knuckle part as well am i right? Are you gonna add these parts?

Yeah, the suit was so uncomfortable that half of it wasn't really worn, it was CG'd in. I'd imagine the gloves were the same way....
The design is highly impractical and wouldn't allow you to make a fist since the center doesn't flex like a human hand does.

Shark. WHen are you gonna start your thread with your MKVI suit? HMMM

Yeah, the suit was so uncomfortable that half of it wasn't really worn, it was CG'd in. I'd imagine the gloves were the same way....
The design is highly impractical and wouldn't allow you to make a fist since the center doesn't flex like a human hand does.

When I can get in contact with an unfolder, I can't find Dubean33. ):
Most of my suit is ready but I suck at unfolding.
EDIT: Also, if I find an unfolder I have to find another computer to upload with, my internet is crapping out again. ):

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back