robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 27/6 first post rewritten, RIGHT LEG in first p

The Shark helmet is too detailed. I prefer to do the details with bondo.

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 27/6 first post rewritten, RIGHT LEG in first p

i've been searching for tutorials on how to resin and bondo the pep. This is my 1st pep actually :lol and getting stuff i need to finish this pep is hard to find here in my country, which is the philippines. after constructing the helm i'll be searching for alternatives i could use. hopefully i'll find one. is it okay to post some pictures here if ever i need help or for my progress? :lol

I would think it'd be alright. Everyone's got some type of advice to lend. Good to see another Filipino! Well, I'm only half. lol

@quovadis0920

This thread is dedicated to robo3687´s IM pep files, please keep it that way.

Please read the sticky at the top of this forum first for any potential technical questions regarding completing a pep model.

There virtually is no question about how to assemble a pep model that has not been answered anywhere else.

If you have something completed to show off then feel free to open up your own thread.

Please do not hijack a thread for your own interest.

Thank you,
Michael
RPF staff

I know I said I had flipped the left leg unfold and right shin, but I'm going to be downloading the ones Robo just posted LOL. Cant wait for the rest.

@robo So besides the boots, the neck piece and the spine, what other parts are missing from this build? It seems really complete.

@at everyone else.

What material do you guys normally use to build the neck piece? you know to give it mobility.

I'm thinking about ditching pep'ing the helmet and make it out of cnc'd aluminum.

I keep hearing about CNC what is that? It'd be cool to have a metal IM armor but somehow I think that would be extremely hot. I live in a place where temperatures rise up to over 120 degrees. It would turn metal armor into a microwave.

I just downloaded the new pep files here too, I cant wait to start working on this I think I will buy quite a few sheets or cardstock as I want to make 2 helmets just in case, I really like how the Mark VI design have come out.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS! AND THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO DO THIS FOR US!

@robo So besides the boots, the neck piece and the spine, what other parts are missing from this build? It seems really complete.

i think this is all that needs doing now:

- feet (which i might do today)
- spine (also will try and do today)
- thigh extensions and hip pod
- neck seal

still undecided on what to do about the inner elbows and backs of knees.....i'll try and work something out.....

I'm thinking about ditching pep'ing the helmet and make it out of cnc'd aluminum.

do you have a file for that?....i can do up a super hd one if your interested....

i think this is all that needs doing now:

- feet (which i might do today)
- spine (also will try and do today)
- thigh extensions and hip pod
- neck seal

still undecided on what to do about the inner elbows and backs of knees.....i'll try and work something out.....

do you have a file for that?....i can do up a super hd one if your interested....

Robo you're my new hero man. I need to learn to do some of this stuff so I can help out, I know I am a NOOB but I am a business major and I am sure designing skills would help me a lot in my career. One step at a time though, I plan on taking the pepakura building full on, I tend to have a lot of free time right now so I want to put it to good use and this is something I can get into.

Looking forward for the remaining parts! :thumbsup

I'd probably ask you for that file. How tall are you anyways?

BTW, I got the torso done. I'm going to do some modifying done to the back once I have it hardened to lessen the bulk.
36660_1497384756610_1293841534_1443095_1020324_n.jpg

Got anything new to show robo? Either pep or modeling?

@manfromnaboo i'm not trying to hijack this thread. i was asking if i cud share my work using robo's pep file coz i need help if it's supposed to look this way or that way. wow way to go for a nice reply. im outta here sheesh. gudluck robo. thanks anyway.

update:

I made some changes in Handplates
46650821.png

OgAAAPdOhp7Gs3NfsjtQwR-EoYRjuMwLkHGAJmaGALCbzy6OoHtKkCGHXPe0xnfrqHhwS9ZIvVGo_NZ2HlWVviISPDIAm1T1UDJPPW8QAnorOV2n04OPC6Kp_Cb5.jpg

OgAAAOIxsrFJQiCujWhCvEgEbjnoTHyWCufQx2bH89kjcLrAfrd-_1cOHNHwBuyxOjKKRecq3yiUN4rsOUcbmURmQS4Am1T1UAVNBAvn45i8-9IW0Se11T2Xrtnr.jpg

OgAAABNLLKontpgMRJQu94mfFRUtGMoBTo4Sw9ywmIyd1MbIQbjYAefedowfDGhvdaiPeOXYDDPGqC5Y2xUPxWYBRVMAm1T1UKGijyiETG1GR-8TIbAXEUpSB7AA.jpg

OgAAAL6OMdhKxaUDuGm6cdulkYGg5LlTOlShwOAWuMd_M-vJRG9_R-Dte06luNd7oR397tBrE6DPNcgVhI6KMSIVlAIAm1T1UDL4HjHgtsyDNx6TH-8qoTEwdA45.jpg

OgAAAMhIVqTFOt7xJ0OWtZLVA8-dKr9yJQBcGCCG3WUUDr_ckFf02_vfCYNzbXTABy7fxiR-xXDVzTtnQsDmch6zbRgAm1T1UNFHlaKTvkUqI7w7pidLc_EwR9gI.jpg

Killer balmung! Looks great! Fits well I see. I woudl have post pictures of my complete arm on me but until I glass the wrist piece I don't want to risk ripping my work since my hands need to be squeezed through it.

update:

I made some changes in Handplates
46650821.png

OgAAAPdOhp7Gs3NfsjtQwR-EoYRjuMwLkHGAJmaGALCbzy6OoHtKkCGHXPe0xnfrqHhwS9ZIvVGo_NZ2HlWVviISPDIAm1T1UDJPPW8QAnorOV2n04OPC6Kp_Cb5.jpg

OgAAAOIxsrFJQiCujWhCvEgEbjnoTHyWCufQx2bH89kjcLrAfrd-_1cOHNHwBuyxOjKKRecq3yiUN4rsOUcbmURmQS4Am1T1UAVNBAvn45i8-9IW0Se11T2Xrtnr.jpg

OgAAABNLLKontpgMRJQu94mfFRUtGMoBTo4Sw9ywmIyd1MbIQbjYAefedowfDGhvdaiPeOXYDDPGqC5Y2xUPxWYBRVMAm1T1UKGijyiETG1GR-8TIbAXEUpSB7AA.jpg

OgAAAL6OMdhKxaUDuGm6cdulkYGg5LlTOlShwOAWuMd_M-vJRG9_R-Dte06luNd7oR397tBrE6DPNcgVhI6KMSIVlAIAm1T1UDL4HjHgtsyDNx6TH-8qoTEwdA45.jpg

OgAAAMhIVqTFOt7xJ0OWtZLVA8-dKr9yJQBcGCCG3WUUDr_ckFf02_vfCYNzbXTABy7fxiR-xXDVzTtnQsDmch6zbRgAm1T1UNFHlaKTvkUqI7w7pidLc_EwR9gI.jpg

did you really have to quote all those pictures? -_-

quovadis, everyone else is showing thier progress with robo's works, so i'd say its ok to do that, but only robo's works.

robo, I've been looking into that and compression articulation seems to be what we're looking for. Here's an overview of it:
Armour by Carmel Emanuel Abela
We don't necessarily have to use metal; I think we'd be just fine with a light plastic like from a trash can.

finally ive been able to register on this site. its taken me ages to work out how. my entire reason for registration was to say a massive thank you to you robo for all the hard work you have put in to creating these files. ive been watching this thread for a few weeks now and i must say i am absolutely astounded by the speed and skill you present from your first mouse click on 3dsmax to the final piece of pep. it is absolutely unbelievable, your a very skilled artist indeed. as far as out progress is concerned myself and a friend have pepped your mk iv chest, back, codpiece and half the torso, we have the arms cut out ready to be glued. The files are great. my only set back now is that ive ran out of superglue so the project is halted until tomorrow. My glue gun is sat there staring at me, taunting me, but i just dont trust it as much as the superglue ive been using, its to messy. It probably feels neglected but i dont care much. Anyway, Thanks again for the great work and i'll chip in on occasion. Its just great to be able to share my gratitude. If anybody is interested in my progress i will upload photos at request. Think i can just link to facebook. Hi everyone anyway :) first post.

(edit)... off to shop now to get glue.... time to start again...

NICE ON ROBO! Any chance of the boots & spine anytime soon? I think thats all you're missing and it'll be done! Once it's done this post should be stickied so everyone can find it and we can stop having all these questions regarding Ironman Mark IV &VI pep files. If DancinFool could get his Mark III set done, we could have one stickied post with all the Ironman pep files in it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back