Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

I have a pair of the accurate Po-Zu's I got for my GF in size 40 because that was all that was available a few months ago. They came in a week ago and they're too big for her 6.5 feet. Anyone have a pair of 37-39s that are a bit too snug/tight on them that they might be willing to trade for our 40? Ours haven't been worn other than test fitting. Thanks!

If it helps anyone out, here are some pic of my goggles with the metal clips on side. I fabricated the metal pcs myself out of flat aluminum stock. The outer edge of the goggles are paper mache coated over natural rope. The side light is a small laser light with a rubber gasket on the front and zip ties for the rings. The attachment hardware for the light is not correct. But that's something I 'll update later.
The hip pouch - I ended up completely fabricating the bag myself. Measurements on the bag are 7 1/2" x 8" x 2 1/2"
My Rey just won 1 st place in my local Con. So I 'm very pleased with how it turned out. 20151108_143144.jpg20151108_143311.jpg20151108_143240.jpg20151108_143126.jpg

Seen in the trailers and it comes with the metal Rey figure.
No discussions yet on what it may be made from.

The grip is very much like the Mauser in shape
SWEPVII Trailer 2359_zpslzvyb771.jpg~original.jpg
action figure blaster.jpg

In prep for dying the viscose material I hand washed it with Woolite and it automatically wrinkled correctly while drying.
It least I don't need to iron the wrinkles in.:D

If I have time it will get dyed tonight.

One of the promo studio shots shows the strips to be about 18" wide.
At 55" I will be able to get 3 strips out of it that will be for the 2 pieced end to end for the wrap and the extra piece for that mystery wrap she has while exploring and biking.

Interested in some details about your staff run if there's space to get in on it.

Which promo shot do you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

In prep for dying the viscose material I hand washed it with Woolite and it automatically wrinkled correctly while drying.
It least I don't need to iron the wrinkles in.:D

If I have time it will get dyed tonight.

One of the promo studio shots shows the strips to be about 18" wide.
At 55" I will be able to get 3 strips out of it that will be for the 2 pieced end to end for the wrap and the extra piece for that mystery wrap she has while exploring and biking.

- - - Updated - - -

Will this do?

View attachment 549172

2 pieces of leather glued back to back so it has a smooth surface and 2 different textures.

I may be kind of thick, but I don't understand how this works. When you say two pieces of leather glued together, do you mean on top of each other (back to back)? Or two pieces, left side and right sight glued together at the dashed line? And how does the wrap work? It looks like there are three edges, when it the diagram, there are only two.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

2 pieces back to back.
I used a piece that is a little softer than what I use for the belt and backpack, I then used contact cement and added a thin piece that I had in a scrap box.
Once glued I marked off the outer edges and where the slots should be, then cut it out.
Dyed and sealed and it's done.

The dotted line just shows where the angle changes.
The 8.75" section can be made longer for larger wrists.

I'll take some pix when I get home from work this evening.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back