Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

The Rey gloves have been claimed. Glad to help.

Everyone who has bought the eBay gloves - what was the sizing like for you? I measured the circumference of my palm and got about 7.25" (18.5cm exactly) but I'm finding it hard to believe that the small size gloves will fit me. I'm about 5'10" but I have 6" wrists. The measurement from the tip of my middle finger to my wrist is about 8 inches.
Any insights into how these fit would be great :)

Here are some measurements pics I took of the small and medium. I hope this helps. I personally have long slender hands, so the small was perfect.

Medium.
IMG_1046.JPGIMG_1042.JPGIMG_1043.JPGIMG_1044.JPG

Small:
IMG_1047.JPGIMG_1041.JPGIMG_1045.JPG

Thanks Kristen guess I gotta go find the right slings now! They were advertised as endfield slings....has the same end buckles, oh well...maybe I can find use for these also...I see alot of other "enfield slings @kristenhenry70 but none have those nubs on them like you just posted....what is the difference? Thanks again for all your help and expertise....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

save the slings you have for use on the backpack. there are a few places where that kind of webbing is used.

also, when you get the new slings you will need to shorten one of them some. save that piece that you cut off, as its used to hold the canister on the side of the pack (I had meant to save mine, but lost it. :-/

Finally got the fabric in for my wrap (because, y'know, I'm moving SO fast on this costume. :p ). Thanks to a tip from our beloved Kristen Henry, I got the crinkle viscose off Ebay UK. Oh it feels very nice in person and has the right look, I believe. Now comes...*gulp*...dyeing.

12794423_10154604316128662_835591189135998811_n.jpg

Last edited:
steady on, girl! You're going to love it when its done!

I took the 4 meters and cut it in half (2 meters each) sewed it end to end, dyed it, and then draped it on my left side...placing the loop where I wanted it between my knee and calf, wrapped it and marked the shoulder spots for gathering. then once I had it gathered I just put it back on, wrapped myself and put on the belt...made all of my adjustments and then just cut the excess off on the right side. :)

Did anyone buy a whole pigskin for their goggles and wants to sell a couple of square feet? I'd prefer not having to buy a whole pigskin to make my daughter's goggles. I'd like enough for two goggles (in case I mess up the first cut). If anyone has any extra, please let me know the cost by PM.

Thanks! :)

Found a small piece on eBay for a very reasonable price myself. Think Kristen bought a whole piece though? If not try eBay. People sell scrap leather all the time. Just bought some more for the belt. And then I went in my storage and found enough scrap for the bracer which I plan to work on this weekend now that I have all my leather tooling stuff out of storage. Starting to get excited actually!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So looks like the Pallazo pants are out of stock everywhere. Store has no idea when or even if they will ever be getting them back in.Anyone come up with a decent other option for the pants?

So looks like the Pallazo pants are out of stock everywhere. Store has no idea when or even if they will ever be getting them back in.Anyone come up with a decent other option for the pants?
We found pants at Marshalls, a US discount department store. I don't think they can be ordered online though, so you'd prob have to go into one of their stores and check.
Pics and info on them are at:
Rey costume pants

....i think they were about $15

Last edited:
Finally!!! I have been collecting materials for Rey for about a month now. I finally starting cutting out fabric and sewing her together.
But I also realize that its going fairly quickly minus the dying part which Im a lil nervous about.

I just ordered these pants from Amazon. If anything, I can take it apart and re-sew to make the legs a little slimmer. I personally think they are too baggy. And of course I will dye them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VV2II50?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

In case anyone didnt know, the target exclusive TFA blu ray will have 20 mins of extra content including props info. I also read somewhere it has info about the costumes from the movie. BUT target has now confirmed that the extra content is a download and not an on a disc.

Only at Target: The pack contains over 20 minutes of bonus content, including a never-before-seen interview with the film’s breakout stars, Daisy Ridley (Rey) and John Boyega (Finn). You’ll also get a behind-the-scenes look at how the actors trained for their incredible stunts and fight scenes, interactions between the new and veteran cast members, a closer look at how the props team designed and produced some of the film’s new weapons, and lots more.

The combo pack also comes in an exclusive collectible package that folds out to show detailed character art.

Please note: Bonus content is high-definition digital format. Your Target Exclusive packaging will have a code inside with instructions on how to redeem the Target Exclusive bonus content on Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA). If you don't have a DMA account, you will be asked to create an account (free of charge).

Last edited by a moderator:

Check out Old Navy if there's one near you. My wife found some pants there that seem to be on point. I believe the color is called amalgam.

Hello ALL
First off I just wanted to thank all of you guys for hours of research before the movie even came out!!! And of course after. It has made a world of difference for my costume and many others!!
That being said I wanted to let you guys know that my dad and I made two quarterstaffs for my costume and we are selling one.
Here's the link:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=257674

Here are some pictures:

unnamed-1.jpg unnamed-2.jpg unnamed-3.jpg unnamed.jpg

Thanks again!!
~ I Athena I

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the lead, will go this weekend =)

We found pants at Marshalls, a US discount department store. I don't think they can be ordered online though, so you'd prob have to go into one of their stores and check.
Pics and info on them are at:
Rey costume pants

....i think they were about $15

Finally!!! I have been collecting materials for Rey for about a month now. I finally starting cutting out fabric and sewing her together.
But I also realize that its going fairly quickly minus the dying part which Im a lil nervous about.

I just ordered these pants from Amazon. If anything, I can take it apart and re-sew to make the legs a little slimmer. I personally think they are too baggy. And of course I will dye them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VV2II50?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Check out Old Navy if there's one near you. My wife found some pants there that seem to be on point. I believe the color is called amalgam.

I have been moving pretty slowly on the sewing front of this outfit, but everyone has been such a huge help with everything! Yesterday I just got the headwrap done as the first clothing piece to be sewn! I also have almost all of the accessories made and done except for some weathering on it all. I decided to go full scavenger since I have short red hair and am no good with wigs. So here are some progress pics of what I have so far! Not everything is 100% accurate, but I hoped to get the feel of everything right if I couldn't get it perfect. Nor pictured are the pozu boots and gloves from eBay which have been altered to better fit my hand. Also the staff which has yet to be assembled.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:
I have been moving pretty slowly on the sewing front of this outfit, but everyone has been such a huge help with everything! Yesterday I just got the headwrap done as the first clothing piece to be sewn! I also have almost all of the accessories made and done except for some weathering on it all. I decided to go full scavenger since I have short red hair and am no good with wigs. So here are some progress pics of what I have so far! Not everything is 100% accurate, but I hoped to get the feel of everything right if I couldn't get it perfect. Nor pictured are the pozu boots and gloves from eBay which have been altered to better fit my hand. Also the staff which has yet to be assembled.

http://www.therpf.com/asset.php?fid=536499&uid=156530&d=1457705330

http://www.therpf.com/asset.php?fid=536500&uid=156530&d=1457705330

http://www.therpf.com/asset.php?fid=536501&uid=156530&d=1457705330

http://www.therpf.com/asset.php?fid=536502&uid=156530&d=1457705330

none of the pictures came thru.

View attachment 602220View attachment 602221View attachment 602222View attachment 602223

Very good! It's great to see another going Full Scavenger! Good on you! :D

Yesterday I just got the headwrap done as the first clothing piece to be sewn!

those pieces are looking good!

Did you use the Dharma fabric for the headwrap?

....and is that the amazon messenger bag for the backpack or something else?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back