Rewatched Tron Legacy (ramble on)

Tron Legacy has popped up a lot lately on my DirecTV.

The more and more I watch it, the better it gets. The only thing I dont like is how weird Clu looks. CGI just isn't quite there yet.

But it is still a great movie! When I am flipping through channels and come across it, its one of those I cant stop from watching.

I hope they make another one. They set it up perfectly for a totally unhindered sequel featuring Sam Flynn and Dillinger's son player by Cillian Murphy. Those two on the game grid? Count me in!

I hope they make another one. They set it up perfectly for a totally unhindered sequel featuring Sam Flynn and Dillinger's son player by Cillian Murphy. Those two on the game grid? Count me in!

Well, they give a bit more hints with The Next Day on the Blu-Ray, but they also included an interview with Alan Bradley that took place after The Next Day, and, of course, the chat between Dillenger Jr. and what appears to be Snr. With those three shorts alone, I suspect that we're going to be seeing what happened to Encom in the TRON 2.0 game (yes, I know, the director says the game is non-canon, but it doesn't mean that they would ignore it as a potential source for ideas). And what's suggested with those three items is that...

Dillenger Systems may be pulling a hostile takeover of Encom, leading Sam and company to deal with both in the real world and in the computer world as well.

Well, they give a bit more hints with The Next Day on the Blu-Ray, but they also included an interview with Alan Bradley that took place after The Next Day, and, of course, the chat between Dillenger Jr. and what appears to be Snr. With those three shorts alone, I suspect that we're going to be seeing what happened to Encom in the TRON 2.0 game (yes, I know, the director says the game is non-canon, but it doesn't mean that they would ignore it as a potential source for ideas). And what's suggested with those three items is that...

Dillenger Systems may be pulling a hostile takeover of Encom, leading Sam and company to deal with both in the real world and in the computer world as well.

Thats cool. I kinda was wondering what it would be like if "the grid" got connected to the internet. Would be nice to see a more wide open world.

How special is Quorra now that she is in the real world? Does she have any "powers"? Can she do any of what Kevin Flynn expected?

What would make Sam ever go back to the grid? (for a sequel)

Last edited:
I didn't care for Legacy the first time I watched it. Caught it on cable the other day, liked it even less. The CGI, for the most part is well done.
Just not a fan of the story. Doesn't work for me.

That being said, I just went to Amazon to purchase it..78 DOLLARS new and fifty bucks used??!!!! It ain't THAT good!!! WTF? :confused I'll pass...:angry

Too much for an incomplete soundtrack. They need to do a complete soundtrack re-release. Right now the record is the best version and even that is missing two tracks.

Tron Legacy has popped up a lot lately on my DirecTV.

The more and more I watch it, the better it gets. The only thing I dont like is how weird Clu looks. CGI just isn't quite there yet.

But it is still a great movie! When I am flipping through channels and come across it, its one of those I cant stop from watching.

It's funny how I'm the opposite. I can't bring myself to watch Legacy that much anymore. I'll watch scenes like the lightcycle scene or scenes with Quorra. But no way will I watch the whole movie. I'll probably give it another viewing when I get a 3D setup. But it's safe to say that Legacy will never get the hundreds if not thousands of views that I've watched the original TRON.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back