RESEARCH: X-WING CONTROL STICK

So the grey handle does move. Obviously the part on the bottom screws off but inside is the jettisons firing pin, that entire assembly comes out, and there is a spring loaded ball to help catch firing pin.

that is awesome, thank you! The right angle fitting makes me think they went ahead and used it, fixing it to whatever vertical post supports the calculator
I've got scratch made rocker switches if you need any.

Where my build is so far. Massive thanks to v312 for a lot of the greebles.

Wondering what to do for the light bubbles. Like others I see a more circular bubble strip, but wondering if it’s worth having it 3D printed to get it to how I want or if anyone has another idea.

Attachments

• IMG_3827.jpeg
    IMG_3827.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I’m considering making one myself, considering scratch building an approximation of the martin ejection seat part using conduit and a project box

I have a few questions I’m hoping can be answer.

I’ve seen that the ESB exactra foot/bumper being used but can’t figure out where it goes.

Also how are people attaching the martin stick to the calculator board, I don’t think it’s shown on any screen shots.

I’m considering making one myself, considering scratch building an approximation of the martin ejection seat part using conduit and a project box

I have a few questions I’m hoping can be answer.

I’ve seen that the ESB exactra foot/bumper being used but can’t figure out where it goes.

Also how are people attaching the martin stick to the calculator board, I don’t think it’s shown on any screen shots.
As far as I knew the bumpers weren’t used, just the calculator. If that’s the case I’ll be kicking myself for selling my other bumper! Though we haven’t greenlit it fully yet, I am probably going to be getting a mold made from my Martin baker part for people to use. I’m also happy to give out dimensions if wanted.

I’m not sure how I’ll be attaching the stick yet. As far as I know there’s only one other person with one so this is kind of uncharted territory in terms of this prop specifically.

As far as I knew the bumpers weren’t used, just the calculator. If that’s the case I’ll be kicking myself for selling my other bumper! Though we haven’t greenlit it fully yet, I am probably going to be getting a mold made from my Martin baker part for people to use. I’m also happy to give out dimensions if wanted.

I’m not sure how I’ll be attaching the stick yet. As far as I know there’s only one other person with one so this is kind of uncharted territory in terms of this prop specifically.
Thanks, that would explain why I couldn’t see or figure out where the bumper was used.

Just for a bit of added context' n' completion, The ESB stick/grip went totally real-world.... With another Meteor stick as in the same as the snowspeeder, the4 in the snow speeder was cast copies by the looks of it with a noticble casting seem down the back.

Attachments

• ESB grip 1.JPG
    ESB grip 1.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 311
Where my build is so far. Massive thanks to v312 for a lot of the greebles.

Wondering what to do for the main strip. Like others I see a more circular strip, but wondering if it@: worth having it 3D printed to get it to how I want or if anyone has another idea.
what´s the diameter of the red and yellow stickers?

Just for a bit of added context' n' completion, The ESB stick/grip went totally real-world.... With another Meteor stick as in the same as the snowspeeder, the4 in the snow speeder was cast copies by the looks of it with a noticble casting seem down the back.
my guy! It looks like they replaced the knobs on the X wing one. Good eye on the snowspeeder handles being casts

depending on the size, they might be those silver 4-fluted knobs stuck all over set? eethan made some I think
I see what you mean with the fluted knob but I don't see them in ESB, mostly just the ANH - but there may be smaller verdiond such as these non fluted tyes in Star Maidens. The max available space in the button arewa is 22 - 23mm from the inside edge to edge.

Attachments

• ESB xwing button area size 1.jpg
    ESB xwing button area size 1.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 44
  • STAR MAIDENS - Nightmare Cannon 1.jpg
    STAR MAIDENS - Nightmare Cannon 1.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 32
Oh those measurements are amazing. Looking at your screenshot it seems the knob is jammed in there, taking up most of the 22mm area. two different knobs possibly too.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 12.16.01 PM.png

Also, I just won a battered Burgess black microswitch that looks really close to the X wing one. Sitting behind the magnetic relay, or whatever the bigger box is. I guess I need a pulley for the side!
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 12.18.40 PM.png

I see what you mean with the fluted knob but I don't see them in ESB, mostly just the ANH - but there may be smaller verdiond such as these non fluted tyes in Star Maidens. The max available space in the button arewa is 22 - 23mm from the inside edge to edge.
The fluted knobs are in the center of the Falcon yokes in ESB.

The top of the stick is the top of the Michell tone arm. Same piece is used a few times on the Death Star droid.
Maybe eethan can make some if the ejection handles are cast.
Michell refers to it as part 18 in the instructions. There's a stem to it which was inserted into the top of the ejection handle.
I don't have the part itself, only pics...
1713488279587.png

1713488345745.png
1713488532212.png
1713488361720.png
1713488689303.png
1713488459050.png
1713488810811.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back