1:1 T-65 or T-70 X-Wing Simpit

pretengineer

First post here, hopefully I'm doing it right and this has gone into the right place.

As the title says, I hope to build an X-Wing simpit in time for May the Fourth. I'm currently working on the game portion of this in Unreal Engine, and hoping to have all the switches and buttons trigger elements within the game environment.

I'm turning to the physical build of this - starting with research and identification of controls within the cockpit. I'm struggling to find any good reference for the accelerometer(?) - the funny-looking ball thing on the upper left control panel. From what I can tell, there seem to be two versions of it - a sphere, and a flatter almost dome-like disk. I assume this is just a difference between these two versions of X-wing... If anyone has any good reference images (or even better, can ID the part) of either style, I would be forever grateful.

I'm sure there will be many more parts that I'll struggle with, so would also be oh so grateful if anyone can point out anything that has already been ID'd.

1702691634632.png

Font left, close to camera, showing the flatter "accelerometer" as seen in The Mandolorian.
1702691915801.png

The spherical "accelerometer"

Last edited:
Well best of luck. I can tell you that the one in Mando doesn't match the originals, at all. I think they even had two versions themselves. I think the first time they filmed in the T-70 cockpit from Galaxy's Edge, then made their own more familiar looking one later, but it's still different to those in Episodes 4, 5 and 6.

Even they had multiple versions of that cockpit in the original. The full size X-Wing cockpit in the swamp has different details to the filming cockpit used for the Death Star trench run.

I remember another guy having a thread for his own simpit, but I don't think it was finished. I'm sure there's more pictures there.

The spherical one in the OT was a Vickers Viscount reading lamp that is upside down and in a fluted fitting. Same base part as R2-D2’s holoprojectors and in the Millennium Falcon Cockpit.

Well best of luck. I can tell you that the one in Mando doesn't match the originals, at all. I think they even had two versions themselves. I think the first time they filmed in the T-70 cockpit from Galaxy's Edge, then made their own more familiar looking one later, but it's still different to those in Episodes 4, 5 and 6.

Even they had multiple versions of that cockpit in the original. The full size X-Wing cockpit in the swamp has different details to the filming cockpit used for the Death Star trench run.

I remember another guy having a thread for his own simpit, but I don't think it was finished. I'm sure there's more pictures there.
One of the biggest challenges so far has been to try and figure out which "version" to create. At the moment it's looking like it'll be a bit of a greatest hits version, mixed in with some "I have no idea what this part is, I'll get close enough" for good measure.

Search for punkah louvre.They were used from WW2 British aircraft upwards to airliners today.
The Xwing cockpit design changed between each movie and with different shots as well..Cant wait to see progress..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back