Red Dwarf is Back!!!! Discussion thread

hI guys. I am about to acquire what is left of the Holoship Enlightenment from The Propstore. It is in pieces with some bits missing so does anyone know who could restore it?. I might tackle the job myself but this is a genuine piece of history and I do not want to add to the insults already dealt it by time and neglect.

hI guys. I am about to acquire what is left of the Holoship Enlightenment from The Propstore. It is in pieces with some bits missing so does anyone know who could restore it?. I might tackle the job myself but this is a genuine piece of history and I do not want to add to the insults already dealt it by time and neglect.

If you're in the US I'd say Steve Neill. But if you're in the UK you might be able to get one of the model guys that actually worked on the show to help you out. A few are members here.

Gonna be pricey either way though.

Many thanks Michael. I am in the UK and suspected that a professional restoration may be beyond the scope of my modest income. Still, I'm not without some modelling skill and I have a few ideas for maintaining the piece's integrity by highlighting any non original additions. The model is constructed from a blue perspex which should be reasonably attainable. Will just have to wait until I see it in the flesh.

Many thanks Michael. I am in the UK and suspected that a professional restoration may be beyond the scope of my modest income. Still, I'm not without some modelling skill and I have a few ideas for maintaining the piece's integrity by highlighting any non original additions. The model is constructed from a blue perspex which should be reasonably attainable. Will just have to wait until I see it in the flesh.

Post pics in the studio scale section when you get it! Lots of very experienced folks there who can lead you in the right direction.

I just went to amazon to see the price of Red Dwarf 10 and they want 27.00 for six episodes, it's insane.

It's a full season and it's brand new. Reasonable enough, after Christmas you'll probably be able to get it for $15.

Any word on what the special features are?

I'll never forget the day back in the nineties when I looked through the tv guide to see when red dwarf would be on.And to my disbelief they had another show replace it called red green.Decided to watch it thinking it was a misprint and was shocked and disgusted!Why red dwarf isn't as popular as it should be over here amazes me.Thank god the american pilot didn't take off because there's no way they could replace my favorite actors.Red dwarf will allways have a deep spot in my heart,can't wait for more.

I'll never forget the day back in the nineties when I looked through the tv guide to see when red dwarf would be on.And to my disbelief they had another show replace it called red green.Decided to watch it thinking it was a misprint and was shocked and disgusted!Why red dwarf isn't as popular as it should be over here amazes me.Thank god the american pilot didn't take off because there's no way they could replace my favorite actors.Red dwarf will allways have a deep spot in my heart,can't wait for more.

Ya, the US pilot was terrible.

However, The Red Green Show is a cult classic in it's own right. Used to love that show.

My Dad and I spent most of our vacation rewatching the older episodes of Red Dwarf (so far, we've covered stuff I remember seeing on PBS back in the early 90s). I also picked up a Red Dwarf patch while at MegaCon (haven't figure out what to do with it yet).

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

You know, seeing that Red Dwarf is the second longest running BBC show, I'm surprised they never decided on doing a Red Dwarf/Doctor Who crossover (especially since DW is the first longest running BBC show). Just a thought, of course.

I've been binge watching Red Dwarf on Amazon the past week or so. Very different, but there is a little something for everyone as the show progresses, and you get attached to the characters.

I've been binge watching Red Dwarf on Amazon the past week or so. Very different, but there is a little something for everyone as the show progresses, and you get attached to the characters.

Not all the episodes or even seasons are equal, but be that as it may, it is still one of the few shows that has made me laugh so intensely that I cried...I mean, actually roll-on-the-floor laughter of such intensity that tears were running down my cheeks. Now THAT doesn't happen very often!!! This show was/is brilliant, and if you watch all of them in order, you will understand.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back