Red Dwarf is Back!!!! Discussion thread

Another great one. I'm glad they're doing these so well!

Loved the whole vending machine thing. Had a good laugh when he was "trying to get her up". :lol

I'm going to be sad next Thursday that it will be the last episode of series X. I REALLY hope we get a series XI, XII, XIII, etc. I would like to see Holly back, but they do seem to have recaptured the spirit of Dwarf.

I'm going to be sad next Thursday that it will be the last episode of series X. I REALLY hope we get a series XI, XII, XIII, etc. I would like to see Holly back, but they do seem to have recaptured the spirit of Dwarf.

Yep. Holly's all that's missing for me.

Definitely want to see them do a few more series!

Wow, new season's almost done already eh? Time flies. I'm almost caught up, I'll try and watch episode 3 tonight.

They MUST bring Holly back for the next season. They must...and they probably will...They have to right??

What's happenin dudes?

Wow, new season's almost done already eh? Time flies. I'm almost caught up, I'll try and watch episode 3 tonight.

They MUST bring Holly back for the next season. They must...and they probably will...They have to right??

What's happenin dudes?

I miss Holly but I don't think Norman will come back without some SERIOUS urging. He's already said he's done with RD. :(

Can't believe this season is done tomorrow! Hope they do another. :thumbsup

Yeah, maybe a heart felt apology and a couple of pints could win him back.

I guess I'll be watching eps 3-5 tonight.

I wonder what the cost was to get the 10th season revamped like this with salaries and art dept costs.
I miss Holly but I don't think Norman will come back without some SERIOUS urging. He's already said he's done with RD. :(

Can't believe this season is done tomorrow! Hope they do another. :thumbsup

I've really enjoyed this season, it's nice to see it going back to the original formula. I think it's the nose on the Kryten mask that is throwing it off, the profile is more curved than previous versions- RL put a fair bit of weight on during the original run and the mask wasn't that overly effected looks wise.

The current cut n' shut model for RD is the one built for the latter seasons, the original was kept on top of the racking at Visual Effects and rolled off one day so it shattered beyond repair- they just used a photo against a black background, it's really noticeable when you see the photo they used as well! I know they've used the original Starbug model as well as Mike Tucker had it on display a couple of months ago having just got it back from filming.

008-1.jpg

Here's a bit of useless trivia, I read somewhere that the original Red Dwarf model had to be re-dressed with surface detail as it wasn't picking up on film- whilst it's sort of true the reason for this is because Peter Wragg used to draw very basic designs and leave it to the assistants to do their own thing, due to a heavy workload at vis fx at the time the RD model had to be contracted out and of course they built it to the exact design! A team of fx staff had to get down to the studio for an emergency wiggeting session before the model filming could commence!

And purely for the hell of it heres one of the baby skutters!

Skutermodel.jpg

Interesting about Kryten's nose though. I have a production made cast of the mask and the nose isn't hooked at all. I wonder if it has something to do with the application by makeup?

See what you think, the nose looks longer with more of a swoop! I was looking for some images to compare but somebody beat me to it!

KrytenComparison.jpg

I know they are not the exact same angles but you can see how the bridge profile now curves outwards, it gives it a bit more of a beak look!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back