RED ALERT Lost 3 ft TOS Enterprise found????

Rod Roddenberry is at the NAB show and told a fan yesterday (4-16-24) that "the long lost three foot model will soon have a new home that the public can see . . . "

I thought it appropriate to report the update here.

Hopefully, that means a trip to the Smithsonian for a restoration followed by a permanent dry dock next to the eleven-footer (y)

Last edited:
Still hoping it is cleaned and stabilized but not “restorted”. As with all historical artifacts, its condition tells a story.

And I still hope it ends up somewhere other than NASM. I’m glad for the history behind the 11 footer being there, but I for one hope the 1/4 scale model ends up some place more fitting for fictional spacecraft being displayed.

I’ll travel wherever I have to to see it.

Photos with the article, for the record

Attachments

• download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 97
  • download (6).jpg
    download (6).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 89
  • download (7).jpg
    download (7).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
  • download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • download (5).jpg
    download (5).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 81
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    984.9 KB · Views: 105
Well that went faster than I thought. I guess we will never know how much the "reward" was for finder. Interesting an auction house is involved, so could it be it will go to auction and the finder gets a portion? If there is an auction... Will the auction require public display is a requirement to the buyer? I'm probably wrong, but I always suspected it would auction.

What a great ending to an epic journey! But yeah, this model is an American pop culture artifact and should go in the Smithsonian alongside its larger sibling (and Archie Bunker's chair lol). Shouldn't even be a question.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back