RED ALERT Lost 3 ft TOS Enterprise found????

That’s damn peculiar. You would think that someone would know what’s currently happening with it.
If it was up to me, I’d make sure that the model gets refurbished to restore it to the last time it was used in the Original Series episode “Requiem for Methuselah.”

Attachments

• IMG_0555.jpeg
    IMG_0555.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 67
That’s damn peculiar. You would think that someone would know what’s currently happening with it.

I personally prefer that the wild speculation in this thread continue; speculation whereby the longer this situation continues to develop, in privacy between the involved parties, those of us in “the cheap seats occupied by spectators”…and far removed from the action…continue to assign (with no basis, I might add) the role of “villain” to the person who posted the original auction that kicked all of this off.

IMG_3259.jpeg

And let us also continue to make wild assumptions that something underhanded must be going on…

It could very well be that full cooperation is taking place in the transfer of property. It seems very clear to me that the seller had no idea what they actually had in their possession.

Or, this item pops-up in the next Heritage Auction, of course, as the outcome of the “ownership” discussions that are taking place.

Last edited:
Assuming at this point.. assuming an agreement was not reached between the parties... we wait on the courts, it can take a long time to get into court and get a decision.

If the picker succeeds, I assure there will be an auction. Frankly, as big a TOS fan I am, I would have fought like hell to hang onto it and auction it.
I personally prefer that the wild speculation in this thread continue whereby the longer the situation continues to develop, in privacy between the involved parties, those of us in “the cheap seats occupied by the spectator”…and far removed from the action… have assigned the role of “villain” to the person who posted the original auction, that kicked all of this off, and have posted wild assumptions that something underhanded must be going on…

View attachment 1788413

It could very well be that full cooperation is taking place in the transfer of property. It seems very clear to me that the seller had no idea what they had in their possession.

Or, this item pops-up in the next Heritage Auction, of course, as the outcome of the “ownership” discussions that are taking place.

Yep, it's either the attorneys are working on something mutually agreeable, the shortest path to new news. Or it's in litigation and it could be a very long time before the victor comes out of court. I would hold anything against the picker, he bought the contents of the storage unit, and frankly if they did not properly ever report it stolen decades ago, I could see how it becomes considered abandoned legally. And there could be even more to the story. You bought something worth millions the studio long ago lost, did not report stolen as far as we know, even if it was given to Roddenberry, (was it properly transferred with documentation?) he willingly handed it back to the studio, I could see how that could hold up in court. I'd fight like hell to keep it and auction it. Millions is millions. I could see this going into 2025 even.

You bought something worth millions the studio long ago lost, did not report stolen as far as we know, even if it was given to Roddenberry, (was it properly transferred with documentation?) he willingly handed it back to the studio,

Lets say, for the sake of argument that the studio really did give it to Roddenberry. (That he didn't just take it and say they gave it to him). What documents would we even expect to exist? Its not a car, it doesn't have a title.

Lets say, for the sake of argument that the studio really did give it to Roddenberry. (That he didn't just take it and say they gave it to him). What documents would we even expect to exist? Its not a car, it doesn't have a title.

Well, it would take a law expert on possession. Him saying they gave it to him is that enough? I know in my limited legal dealings claims have to be documented. The photo with it on his desk could suffice? I've no idea.

I should note, the Roddenberry estate can afford way better legal representation than this picker I'm sure. Unless someone thinks he has a slam dunk.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy as so many thought. There is a letter Roddenberry wrote asking for it back. That's about all the documentation there is....i expect the thing to end up in a private collection in two years time. Sadly it won't get a restoration like I would have like to see. The guy cleaned the thing with Lysol for God's sake. It is evident looking at the pictures. It needs a proper cleaning, paint touchups, nacelles straightened and bottom sensor put back on at the very least.

I listened to the interview with Susan Sackett on The Inglorious Treksperts podcast

In the interview, she talked about the missing Enterprise model and how it was believed that someone at Robert Abel and Associates (the visual effects company that was fired from the production of ST:TMP) had possession of the model, though they denied having it.

Daren Dochterman also later added, “We’ll see how that goes. It’s an interesting story…I’m not sure if I believe the people involved, at this point.”

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back