RED ALERT Lost 3 ft TOS Enterprise found????

I found this, most likely 1968 World SciFi Con (BayCon):

This as well, but the images aren't loading for me:

The date of the photos and the author are recorded in that collection at UC Riverside. (Fun fact: there are pics of Forry Ackerman, Poul Anderson, Bradbury, Bloch, Philip K. Dick, Pohl, Silverberg, Greg Bear in there.) Also of interest: the collection contains pics from the 1966 TriCon where Roddenberry sent some costumes to appear in a galactic fashion show. If memory serves, that convention preceded the first air date in September. I'm looking forward to looking through his collection.

Those contact sheets feature the model with its post-pilot modifications, so I'd guess that they were shot for publicity/reference.
Yep, I noticed that also after looking at a number of pics. Perhaps taken for promotional purposes -- cheaper and easier to put the 33" baby on some black velvet and photograph for studio materials -- maybe around the time that Shatner was photographed.

Attachments

• Shatner with 33in model large.jpeg
    Shatner with 33in model large.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 95
The date of the photos and the author are recorded in that collection at UC Riverside. (Fun fact: there are pics of Forry Ackerman, Poul Anderson, Bradbury, Bloch, Philip K. Dick, Pohl, Silverberg, Greg Bear in there.) Also of interest: the collection contains pics from the 1966 TriCon where Roddenberry sent some costumes to appear in a galactic fashion show. If memory serves, that convention preceded the first air date in September. I'm looking forward to looking through his collection.

Yep, I noticed that also after looking at a number of pics. Perhaps taken for promotional purposes -- cheaper and easier to put the 33" baby on some black velvet and photograph for studio materials -- maybe around the time that Shatner was photographed.

Dozens of pics of the model in the skimpy android costume and precious few of our dear girl Enterprise. LOL

Anyhoo, CessnaDriver tells me this thread hasn't yet seen this contact sheet of 33" model photographs from back in the day. I seem to recall these were test shots for lighting, angle, and lens for VFX work. Remember that in addition to the opening VFX of "The Cage" pilot, there are several insert VFX shots of the model at the end of the pilot. I believe these are that same setup. (I rather think that these were inserted particularly to show NBC, "here, this is what we can do for exterior shots of the spaceship.")
Contact sheet of the 3 foot Enterprise model.jpg
This is the ship in its production config, not as it was in The Cage. These would have been taken after Corbomite Maneuver. Lots of footage of the second pilot ship was taken before where no man has gone before.

I don't know guys. No news in three weeks. I don't think Rod is gonna get the model. I think he's just going to get a scan of it. I bet it goes to auction.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back