Red 3 with a twist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the Falcon that i think ill want first mate lol, i can just see it in my head now, dang ill have a frame made if needs be, but agreed, pricing won't be easy, for starters, i can't even take up all my fingers on one hand the amount of guys that can pull off this type of paint work, nope, as it goes, struggling to find one!

lee

Cheers Lee, wanna be my agent lol. The falcon I think deserves an extra special twist, I've had to stop as am going all out on it as a 3D concept but its not going to be easy to make, and I have to keep it simple. I'm finding it a big learning curve painting these as I have to adapt what I do on the models so they will be a hybrid of studio accuracy with some real world damage and look to them. If I go total studio they don't look right, if I go too much real world they don't look right so its a fine line to make em pop just right.

I've grand ideas for the falcon but it may end up being a one or 2 of only as its just stupid silly but so cool,.....TBC I'm switching to Slave 1 next as that will be a tough one to paint and may not work so have to nail the right area of the ship that makes the most sense.

Didn't realise they were quite that big, good size.
Really does stand on its own merits as a work of art.
Great Original idea and great execution.

Wow, Guy, you really have the look of the ILM weathering down. Duplicating it at that scale can't be easy. Beautiful work. And I love the photo of it hanging on your wall. Great shot for the sales catalog! Hint, hint...

Reactions: JMD
Wow, what a fantastic idea Guy. Excited to see what you do with the Falcon, you could do an entire galleries worth of panels of her.

Got my mind racing now on what part I would want?

Gag

Really glad you all like em, the falcon is a challenge but will de fit nail it very soon, it's gunba be 3 foot by 2 foot minimum as a one off with full detail and very 3D

Ive decided the area based on colour weathering and ease of quick part placement and a bit of scratch building, more than anything I want to paint it but likely this will be for me unless you all demand them lol

This is a really cool idea! I've hard of people displaying panels from famous aircraft but something like this has never occurred to me! I'd love to see what you come up with for Slave 1!

For Slave 1 you could do three pictures, like some modern paintings which consist of three single paintings forming a complete artwork as a group. Like one showing the red skirt of Slave 1, another the grey fuselage colors and the third the dark green on both sides of the canopy.

Guy,

Love this concept!

Totally in the spirit of ancient wall reliefs - but completely your own, as an exceptional artist!

I'm down for an MF piece, if available...

Regards,

Apb

Here's to hoping that when you hit your stride with these, several of them will be laid out at a time
and you'll bang out 3 in a day or something which will keep them more affordable for peons like myself that
can't afford NY art gallery prices :)

Thanks David, Matt

I'm hoping to bang a lot out in late may, I'm have building work done and working this week so it's on hold but I will be doing these for sure, as for NY art prices I WISH!!! My trouble is that £-$ isn't great and I have to be able to make profit or it's not worth the time other than for myself and a few one offs.

I displayed them at a SW convention on Monday and had a lot of interest but pricing again is a killer. At the moment I'm sticking to around £90 for a 22x 16 panel but the falcon is likely to be in £500 mark as it's nearly 5 foot tall, I will be doing a smaller falcon and am thinking if having the panels laser cut but I can't do the graphics for the laser cutters so it will take time to sort. My proto falcon you will be able to see how big it is as I'm using one of very large prints that's framed in ikea as a base for my own to test the paint work, they are huge and I've got 2 orders that are 100% for that size so I have to do a good job and take my time, if your in ikea check em out and you'll get the scope of it ..... I must be mad :)

My girlfriend and I freakin love the B-wing one! Truly art and gorgeous! Will you be making and selling more of these or prints or anything? Sorry if you already covered this previously in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My girlfriend and I freakin love the B-wing one! Truly art and gorgeous! Will you be making and selling more of these or prints or anything? Sorry if you already covered this previously in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that your girlfriend loves it is more than a reason to do one for you when I start up, its still all R&`D at the moment but I WILL be going full time on these once I get the time to knuckle down, should be next week to get the Slave and Flacon done with any look. Thank you, and tell your girlfriend she has good taste !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back