Hero Red 1 Auction (Greg Jein Collection)

I'm no law expert, but the statute of limitations on burglary in California is 3 years. I imagine that's about prosecuting a person, but I would imagine the rule would be similar regarding being able to seize the property if found. Perhaps a lawyer present can chime in.

Also, GL retained ownership of the archives after the Disney sale, so LFL and Disney would have no claim. It would be up to George to make one.
I’m neither a crim defense attorney nor a property one, but I think you’re right. The statute of limitations for a burglary or theft charge and separately a civil claim for stolen property would have passed 1-5 years after Lucasfilm discovered the theft. That’s probably why they asked for someone to return it in good faith without any charges filed.

RED 5

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 19-21-12 7278_catalogpdf.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 19-21-12 7278_catalogpdf.pdf.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 215
Nice photos in the mix. I do not think I've seen that one of the death star. I'm thinking its showing more to the right of the dish than most pics, but some might be just flipped from that side. I'd have to look at others and compare. Nice either way.

So just to be clear, this bird has not been restored at all?
Two laser cannons (the portion forward of the heat sinks) were loose in the box and were reattached. One engine afterburner was loose, but still secured by the wires so that was glued down. I had found an ILM R2 unit in Greg's garage a few weeks prior and that was used to complete the ship. There was no repainting or replacing of parts.

Nice photos in the mix. I do not think I've seen that one of the death star. I'm thinking its showing more to the right of the dish than most pics, but some might be just flipped from that side. I'd have to look at others and compare. Nice either way.

Its not reversed, and it is a rare, largely unseen / unpublished image.

Yeah and I looked too quick,and 'read' the somewhat smaller grey strip as the signature large one.
Funny that you are probably the only person I know with more death star knowledge than myself.
Would you say you might even be obsessed?

I've drove coworkers nuts over the years, drawing death star pics in random places, boxes, where ever. I used to work at Target overnight back in 2005 to 06. They had a computer in the break room. Not sure what it was used for. On break, I drew a pretty detailed pic of the Death Star 2 in MS paint and saved it in some deep rooted Windows folder, within a folder....and so on. Pretty sure no one ever found it, but its there. lol.
Was also going through artwork when I worked at the movie theater....a whole lot of death star pics.
I'll have to scan those in and upload them here. lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back