Rapunzel (and Flynn)...the everlasting WIP. ( re-making bodice! )

Re: Rapunzel (and Flynn) WIP!:: pg 13... Embroidery pattern of doom.

Wow!! This costume is amazing!! My niece is a huge Rapunzel fan and she thought you were the real girl!! :)

530149_10151270015021719_338250400_n.jpg

IT'S DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

The embroidery anyways. Around 30 hours of work in there...my poor hands. I lost feeling in my fingers a couple times but am happy to say all digits remain in working order!

Tomorrow I reconstruct the skirt!

530149_10151270015021719_338250400_n.jpg

IT'S DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

The embroidery anyways. Around 30 hours of work in there...my poor hands. I lost feeling in my fingers a couple times but am happy to say all digits remain in working order!

Tomorrow I reconstruct the skirt!

Its Gorgeous I love it! GREAT JOB! I was just bragging on your costume yesterday on the Dis Boards :)

Re: Rapunzel (and Flynn) WIP!:: pg 13... Embroidery DONE!

This is an incredible costume! Rapunzel is definitely one of the best movies that Disney has put out recently, and I love all of the details. Good work!

Incredible, I could never do that much hand embroidery. This makes my worst nightmare - tearing out digital designs and re-positioning/stabilizing them - look like nothing.

Getting each one of those motifs to repeat and look that nice, even, and delicate on shiny satin is no small task either.

Added in that 8th panel, made a new slip with new lace and attached a new waistband... all reconstructed!

It's a little more full than I'd like, mainly in the back...so I'm going to try to take the panels in a little bit, but overall, I'm SO happy I got it back together and that the embroidery is now a thing of the past! *PHEW*

183267_10151272795291719_967541955_n.jpg

Some touchups to do tonight and then the skirt will officially be done.

On to reconstructing the bodice!

It looks great!! You have such patience with this project and it is really paying off. So fun and inspiring to watch. :)

Thanks!!!

Here's the most recent pic. Re-did the lace on the bodice, altered it into a sweetheart neckline, embroidered the eyelets ( that was a while ago though, but still new from the last completed photos ), changed the lacing and adjusted the fit a bit. Going to shorten the puff sleeves and add longer, pinker sleeves after I figure out how to get the designs on them. @_@

303747_10151279925526719_1370198370_n.jpg

At this point, I'm wishing I had just re-made the whole top half instead of re-hashing it. Probably would have been the same amount of time, if not less...

Ever a perfectionist. If you keep this up you will work yourself and your fingers to the bone. Have you decided on which point it is "Finished" yet?

It looks very good.

Hooray! All major sewing work is done on my re-vamped Punz! Just some hand stitching fine tuning and to paint the designs on the sleeves ( since apparently no matter what material I pick, the satin stitch won't work for the embroidery there. >o ).

227887_10151284130016719_828943075_n.jpg

I'm really happy with how it all looks! Despite thinking it would be easier making the top all one piece, it wasn't. And my movement is somewhat limited due to everything being attached and the sleeves not having any stretch and some bad patterning on my part... but it's not a serious issue. I just can't put my arms straight up in the air and it's a little snug overall but still comfortable! I'm SO happy with the colour and fabric of the sleeves now though! What a difference it makes!

And now working on the new parks/on-ice inspired wig. The loose portion there will also be braided and then there will be a loose section of the same length at the bottom. It's MUCH more comfy than my large braid. Though it still has some weight, it's not nearly as much of a hassle to wear and since I can alternate shoulders or wear it straight down, that's really going to help throughout the night. To be honest, though, I just wanted it flexible so I could go on rides and take fun pictures with it with the rest of the girls all night. >_> ( We have a group of about 12 Disney cosplayers meeting up for the Halloween party! )

here is how this thread has enlightened me, If I had never seen this thread, and met you at a con, or a Halloween party, I would think the whole ensemble looked great, but would never have given much thought into the details. Since I have followed this thread from the beginning and seen exactly what you put into it, I would see it in person in a whole new light. That goes for almost any handmade costume like this from now on, I will have a whole new appreciation for things like the embroidery and the design, etc. Watching your thread and the care and hard work you put into your costume has given me a whole new perspective and appreciation into costuming ! I love it !

Thank you all for the kind words!!

weaselhammer, that's so wonderful to hear! Any kind of costuming is a time consuming and patience driven hobby. You always see ( naturally ) armors and elaborate costumes getting attention, which they definitely deserve...I could never make some of those...but the 'soft' costumes, all fabric or clothing can definitely be trying as well. I know this has been a huge challenge for me and there's a lot that I want to continue improving on it even after this revamp. I'm so glad that this thread has given you some appreciation of 'soft' costumes. :D

bummer6, isn't he? :D

Couple more updates... wig 2.0 is almost done. Just need to stick some more flowers in it. This one is much smaller and lighter so that I can transport it easily on my trip to Florida and be comfortable for 7 hours in the park and still be able to go on rides with no hassle. Part of me wants it bigger/longer...even though I made it this way on purpose FOR the purpose it was intended for but... AH! The accuracy bug.

264259_10151288297926719_894803575_n.jpg

644648_10151287194546719_89438917_n.jpg

And I finally made the belt set and side pouch for Flynn as well!

f.jpg

Still so much to do before I leave on Saturday... @___@ I have a feeling I'll be working on them in the hotel the night before the party. YIKES.

Good luck and don't forget your thimbles or your finger and thumbs will be barking.

Still so much to do before I leave on Saturday... @___@ I have a feeling I'll be working on them in the hotel the night before the party. YIKES.

I'm sooo jealous! I wish I were leaving on Saturday :( Although I'm still finishing up my son's costume and haven't even started on my own. So I would be severely under prepared I was leaving that early. I wish I would have known when everyone else was going BEFORE I booked our trip :( Maybe next time!

I wont have time to work on them in the room so I HAVE to get them done before we leave lol

Finished Flynn's boots today!!!

527315_10151291173646719_6706371_n.jpg

And puff painted my new new sleeves ( made them with this material once already, and now doing it again...'cause I had a blonde moment and made them sleeves BEFORE painting them...must be wearing the wig too much! )

397189_10151291306766719_754626945_n.jpg

The designs are lighter purple and smaller than they look here...weird angle. I'm disappointed that I couldn't satin stitch them on ( the fabric just kept running, even with stabilizer :( ) but it does look quite nice in person. Looking forward to sharing some real, nice pics!

My five year old daughter today decided she'd be Rapunzel for Halloween. And wanted me to take her first to Bed Bath & Beyond, because finding the right frying pan is the key to the whole costume, apparently.

Re: Rapunzel (and Flynn) WIP!:: FINALLY Nearing re-vamp completion!

Finished Flynn's boots today!!!

527315_10151291173646719_6706371_n.jpg

As the rest of your stuff does, these boots look amazing. Do you have a build thread for them???

My five year old daughter today decided she'd be Rapunzel for Halloween. And wanted me to take her first to Bed Bath & Beyond, because finding the right frying pan is the key to the whole costume, apparently.

I LOVE the way little girls think. My 6 yo would totally agree with your daughter.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back