quakevirus's Iron Man Mark V with pics 06/10/10 (WIP portion is done.. well kinda)

Re: quakevirus's Iron Man Mark V WIP with pics

This looks great. Isn't there a saying that goes "one mans toy army helmet is another mans shoulder bells"? Well...maybe not but this still looks great! That's why I joined this site. The creativity around here is astounding. (I love the smell of bondo in the morning)

Thanks Fetts, Siyoum, Anthony, Rocker! i really means alot that everyone digs my suit thus far.:) all the cuts and puncture wounds are well worth it. i should have a couple more pics up today.:thumbsup

What will you be using for an under suit, and will you be adding any resin details?

accidentally missed this post... i plan on trying to find a black or dark gray(preferably) underarmor type shirt and the same for the leggings.. as far as resin details go. im not as skilled as others on the RPF soo research is in order.. resin or anyother media of details arent out of the question. after all the major components are made, ill prob then how detailed im gonna go after that.:)

Looking good!

I'd love to take credit for previously posting the "baseball helmet" shoulder bell idea as I have used them for years, as well as other people using this technique. Keep up the pics.

Paul D.

Looking good!

I'd love to take credit for previously posting the "baseball helmet" shoulder bell idea as I have used them for years, as well as other people using this technique. Keep up the pics.

Paul D.

Thanks paul! your suit looks awesome btw.. i remember you posting on Fetts thread about using Baseball helmets for shoulder bells. thats what actually gave me the idea for the army helmets. i looked a a few different models of baseball helmets and they didnt have the smooth curve i was looking for(ie too much surface texture with the general design of the BB hemets) thus roaming around walmart in the toy section, i luckily found the army ones and they are perfect for the Mark V (and at $4 a peice too).

ok gotta a lil spare time earlier and made a template for the collar. and i came up with something like this. ill post a pic of the back later this evening.

4599110215_c8daa2cdb6.jpg

4599726906_3ae4f19a93.jpg

Thanks, I just posted the pic to my buddy's FB and it's gonna happen, with a forge and an anvil and hammers and EVERYTHING!!!
jk*

Anyway, thanks for the reference pic, It will really help over the coming summer.

cheers-

Thanks, I just posted the pic to my buddy's FB and it's gonna happen, with a forge and an anvil and hammers and EVERYTHING!!!
jk*

Anyway, thanks for the reference pic, It will really help over the coming summer.

cheers-
actually with the right thickness of aluminum this actually could be made of metal and still be light enough to wear....just saying:)

no prob man. like i said would have been great about 250 rivets ago :lol i think if i make another one, i might try and find a thinner plastic yet still durable material. im going to use this pic as reference when i make the legs and boots sometime this weekend.

ok after looking at the pic of the suit front and back at once. ive come to two conclusions. A. the mark V is awesome. B. i need to redo the whole back. to closer memic the spine section. thus putting things a lil behind. oh well good news is that looking at what i have i think i can modify it. will post pics tomorrow morning some time of how i plan to do that.

ok late last night i decided to address the spine section i had and try to make it a little bit more like the actual spine section. i still might cut off the points add strips of plastic behind each section of the spine. i also trimmed a few sections that looked a lil off and added two more peiced to the back wing areas. also the boomerang sections needs to be larger
Before
4594866317_54fa536be4.jpg
After
4602137820_7548ffe540.jpg

ok been a lil busy lately, finished redoing the back and collar areas. and managed to get some paint on it. pretty much done with the chest at this point. well besides wiring up the Arc light.
front
4612400390_5b308f6306.jpg

back
4611786843_fffeb3dc89.jpg

HOLY ARC REACTOR! THATS BEASTLY! Seriously, thats awesome. I have to ask about comfort though. I use the Cardstock/Fiberglass Resin technique for armor building and it's not always comfortable but it looks like the rivets underneath, particularly in the arms and groin area:wacko, would make it rather uncomfortable to wear for extended periods unless you put padding there.
Just wondering, Great suit BTW! I've said that about 3 times now... sad....

Wow i missed this... What a quick build, great refference and photos. Gives good insight in the process of the making. Hope to se you on our Ironman builders board.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back