quakevirus's Iron Man Mark V with pics 06/10/10 (WIP portion is done.. well kinda)

Re: quakevirus's Iron Man Mark V with pics 06/10/10 (WIP portion is done.. well kinda

Yea but its still a prototype. If you look up the 1/4th bust you'll see they don't skimp out on the details. It shows good details of the glove in these pics at least.

Re: quakevirus's Iron Man Mark V with pics 06/10/10 (WIP portion is done.. well kinda

still waiting on the pics of the trophy fiance. LOL just kidding.. hey where are these finger pep files at? nice work by the way.

Ive got some Ill sell you! Ill split the cash with with you QV :p
Carmen doesnt even have to know :lol

i've preordered the mark IV and war machine hot toys figures....i just wish i had more money to get the mark V as well.....

i also hope they fix up the ab detailing...i expect they will.....

i've preordered the mark IV and war machine hot toys figures....i just wish i had more money to get the mark V as well.....

i also hope they fix up the ab detailing...i expect they will.....

right if only i had the cash! those toys are amazing. i really hope they do fix that. it was the first thing i noticed. maybe because i spent about 3 days cutting and riveting mine together. it weird that they would release a unfinished prototype like that.

Yea but its still a prototype. If you look up the 1/4th bust you'll see they don't skimp out on the details. It shows good details of the glove in these pics at least.

fo sho! im working on the back of the hand plating right now. staying true to the trash can method on those.

still waiting on the pics of the trophy fiance. LOL just kidding.. hey where are these finger pep files at? nice work by the way.

haha once i finish with her armor all will see.:) also heres a link to Robo3687's pep files, thats where i got the glove pdos.:thumbsup
http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s-iron-man-2-pep-files-23-6-thigh-left-pdo-first-post-88147/
Ive got some Ill sell you! Ill split the cash with with you QV :p
Carmen doesnt even have to know :lol

oh she will know!:)

Hey Quake, what'd you use for your Arc? is that custom built, or are you using a modified consumer light? (I'm working on a MK5 myself right now. just looking at options)

all i did was strip down a consumer light i had laying around the house. it's a 5 led light, the circular cover has a frosted design on it that spreads the light out. i have no idea the specific model since i just found it laying around the house. lol it was one that had a switch and a wireless remote control for it.

where da nuuuu helmet at?

still exploring some options on that. might pep a new one or just get one from somewhere else. ive been slackin abit on this build with my kiddos being down :)

ill have something cool to post in the props forum soon. a lil side project i started when the kids got here. :)

Chain them outside while you work on it, lol Especially mad dog chloe!

*lightning strikes* standing in the rain with mud everywhere at the graveside is me, the punisher. With a shovel in hand, digging this thread up from the grave its been in for far too long!!! :lol
Any progress on this? It was working out so well and then you just stopped. double you tee eff?

*lightning strikes* standing in the rain with mud everywhere at the graveside is me, the punisher. With a shovel in hand, digging this thread up from the grave its been in for far too long!!! :lol
Any progress on this? It was working out so well and then you just stopped. double you tee eff?
Mega Necro Bump much? 0_o BAN HEEEEEEEEM!
LOL jk Punisher, just bustin your balls.
You could've messaged him and asked him that instead of bumping the thread with your question:lol. But then again, if you hadn't bumped it, I would still be bored right now instead of having a laugh by messing with you.... Hmm, fate perhaps?
BLASPHEMY!

that was an excellent description of my current situation! lol no additional work on this project tho. i didnt stop i got sidetracked as usual. :) been working on MK masks and whatnot. i did managed to save all my templates after the flood.

Sorry to never let this thread rest, but:

Quake, what did you use to paint your rubbermaid plastic? I've getting ready to paint mine, and I'm using "Rustoleum Universal" which claims to do plastic, but it doesn't seem to be getting the adhesion I need.

Any suggestions? Is there a primer I should be using?

Here's yesterday's work:
YouTube - Robutt_arm.mov

You should probably get a can of adhesion promoter. in the same aisle as all the paints :) i bet that would help ya out

Sorry to never let this thread rest, but:

Quake, what did you use to paint your rubbermaid plastic? I've getting ready to paint mine, and I'm using "Rustoleum Universal" which claims to do plastic, but it doesn't seem to be getting the adhesion I need.

Any suggestions? Is there a primer I should be using?

Here's yesterday's work:
YouTube - Robutt_arm.mov
i use a green scotch brite pad and scuff up the plastic before spraying it. that way the paint will stick better to the plastic as opposed to it trying to stick to the slick surface. we did the same thing at the auto shop right before we shot the primer on. hope that helps.

also saw the vid, very nice work!

You should probably get a can of adhesion promoter. in the same aisle as all the paints :) i bet that would help ya out

that would work too. :)

I just read this whole thread for start to finish. Great stuff.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back