QMX Enterprise?

Guys, I have deleted one post and edited another (that quoted the deleted post).

If you disagree with a licensee, have questions, or criticism, you are welcome to post it (as long as it is posted respectfully) but lets be careful about bringing up past, personal grievances that aren't directly related to the topic of the thread.

Whether you feel they are succeeding or not, QMx IS making an effort to respond to your concerns which is better than silence or being ignored. Let's focus on encouraging this to continue and focus on guiding QMx's representatives to give us the answers we want about their offerings. Stay on target.

Would it be more appropriate to start a new thread so that the unrelated data is still available to be read?

It would be "more appropriate", yes, but due to the personal nature of the issue you have with QMx it might be something you want to take up with them directly.

Oh, there's nothing to discuss with them. I just figured my info could put things in context in regards to the way they operate. Thanks, Art!

The conversation on this thread about the QMx Enterprise is very similar in tone and direction
to the following 13 page thread on fireflyprops.net
fireflyprops.net • View topic - Which Firefly props should QMx make in the future?

QMx is essentially a swag company aimed at two ends of the "collector" spectrum:
the under a hundred dollar pretty poster and cutsie maquette crowd,
and the well-heeled, already built bling collector.
I feel the problem lies in the fact that QMx has attempted to circulate on the serious prop collector forums, when their products are not aimed at that market.
First the serious prop folks howl because the swag or bling isn't appropriate for their tastes or budgets,
then QMx howls in indignation that their swag, paper or bling isn't appreciated.
Very few folks on theRPF or fireflyprops.net are the target purchasers of QMx's products.
QMx can't answer about why things are made or marketed the way they are,
because these aren't the droids we're, I mean, these aren't the products we're looking for.

Really, QMx is doing what they want to do.
When their plans coincide with my interests, I make a purchase.
When they don't,
(like a Firefly model that costs $2,200 more than I'll pay)
I try to not worry about it and move on.

Mike

You make an excellent point Mike. Being one of the few here that lack the skills (getting older sucks, but I digress...) the time, and the patience to try to build up one of these babys....yet I really want one next to my MR TOS E, I know I fall into the minority. I'd consider (CONSIDER) paying $2500+ or so for a really nice TMP-E. 5k...well, it'd have to be spectacular and built to last! I'd also expect the quality of the build to be such that I wouldn't see decals, paint errors, or other details that would exist were I to build it myself.

Thanks for the external link, I'll be checking it out!

Tib

what ever happened to the JJ Enterprise? which is why I started this thread in the first place!!!!

Last edited:
what ever happened to the JJ Enterprise? which is why I started this thread in the first place!!!!

Good question! Inquiring minds do want to know. Being one of the "few here who lack the skills" (and I would be curious to know just how many model-builders here in reality do have the skills and the will to build one of QMx quality) a QMx JJ-prise would be just fine had I the room for one. Still, would like to entertain the idea of getting one.

Last edited:

Here's my THEORY (i'm not trying to start a rumor). Since it's been proven that QMX is using the PL/R2 Enterprise for their refit artisan replica (whether it's an off the shelf kit or a recast is not important), perhaps we can assume they're waiting for PL/R2 to release their Abrams Enterprise so they can start making their build ups of it. However, I've recently read that PL/R2 may have shelved the kit altogether, so it's possible QMX may never offer their build up.

Looks cool---but really, you guys should get some better photographs done--the scale isn't represented very well and has some poor lighting--and the lighting demo video looks like it was recorded on a cell phone.

the scale isn't represented very well

Here is a picture of the Enterprise with Beth from QMx to show it's size.

Love the new base!

P9030028.jpg

Yeah, I was just saying, pictures like this make it look tiny when in reality it's almost 3 feet long:

Enterprise_2009-9.jpg

The new base is much better than the one that looked like a toy

You can tell from this pick they are going for the mega sized new Enterprise as opposed to one more closely scaled to the original ship. It will be interesting how they deal with that in the next film as there clearly was a disconnect between the art department and the model makers as to how big this ship is supposed to be. At least it seems JJ and the writers acknowledge the Engineering section/Brewery was ass.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back