Proton Pack build for Halloween 2014!

Here are some pictures of my progress.

IMG_2287.JPGIMG_2288.JPGIMG_2289.JPGIMG_2290.JPGIMG_2291.JPGIMG_2293.JPGIMG_2294.JPGIMG_2292.JPG

Last edited:
Daniel,

Contact Eric (Ejgunth87) over at GBFans. He makes a mount for the Matty Wand. Make sure to get the right one as he has two in his for sale thread. You want the Matty version not the Spangler version.

See is thread here.

My want mount isn't working out. Anybody know where I can get a mount for the matty wand?

Let me know if you have a hard time coming up with one. I have to make one for my Matty wand as well and I can always make two while I'm at it if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one that I made but the metal I used was simply too thin/flimsy and the wand just pops out of it. Im not sure where I can source a thicker piece of aluminum from.

gb1.jpggb2.jpg

I'm either going to make one out of steel or machine it from a piece of aluminum.. Depending on how ambitious I am when I get to that point

Here's A few more progress pics. It's coming out absolutely great and I'll be applying the resin tomorrow once I finish the rest of the small stuff.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413272329.247788.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413272358.080828.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413272375.132426.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413272397.401086.jpg

Oh ok good deal, I'll check it out. And I'm going to be making mine, just not sure when I'll get to it

I picked up some aluminum that was 1 1/2 wide and I think 3/8 thick from the HD yesterday. They sold 4ft long pieces for like $8
I used that plus my drimmel to cut out a v-hook which works and is now mounted on the pack. I did slice my thumb in the process. BOGUS!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the black tubes I attached those to brass fittings which I secured in to the shell then used hose clamps on them. Not movie accurate but I like how it looks more DIY that way, like it's been used/repaired over time.

Oh nice! That was cool you gave me a bit of a shout out, thanks man. Sry I haven't been posting much, been super swamped with a million things.

On the bright side tho, I did get my pack lights/sound all wired up and ready to install; and I'm in the process of assembling the pack. Hopefully she'll be done by tomorrow evening, and then I'll be throwing together a wand and be ready to roll for some Halloween contests!

Here's a few pics from the past week, I'll post more sometime this week.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414371285.912962.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414371303.495549.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414371316.262897.jpg

Well it's 3:30 am and I hittin the hay. I Made some good progress today and got most of the steel parts and other hard stuff finished and ready for paint. It's coming along extremely well and I plan to have the pack done by tomorrow night...THEN I will be doing a one day STEEL wand build come Tuesday! Stay tuned!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414395226.592611.jpg

Haha maybe just a little lol. In all honesty tho, I have all the time consuming stuff done already. Now It's on to the details and small stuff, so We'll see what happens! Lol

Well I think halloween 2014 was a success, I helped host two partys at my daughters school and of corse took the kids out in the evening. But boy do my feet hurt!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back