Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

Cheers to those of you who were able to score one the second time around, despite another round of poor executing by Pepsi. :)

This question is not completely directed at you, but if I can ask, why do you (and many others) feel that this was poorly executed? I understand the first time around, no time given, selling before agreed date, all around lack of information from Pepsi. They agreed that they handled the first round poorly, thus the reason for the second bout. Though I do feel bad for those who did not get one and I feel extremely lucky that I did, I feel Pepsi did all of they could to give everyone a fair chance. They gave us a date, a time, plenty of heads-up, and though they did not give the exact ordering address, they did strongly suggest that Amazon was the place to buy them, not to mention that it was the same selling partner they used before! I was able to find the link on my own with a little looking and I was able to get a bottle. I assume they did this so that nobody could set up the bots (which clearly seemed to work by the number of RPF members that were able to get one). What else would you have Pepsi do? They want to keep this limited so unfortunately not everyone got one, but if that is your complaint, that isn't Pepsi's fault. If I wouldn't have got one this time around, at least I felt that Pepsi tried to do the right thing.

This question is not completely directed at you, but if I can ask, why do you (and many others) feel that this was poorly executed? I understand the first time around, no time given, selling before agreed date, all around lack of information from Pepsi. They agreed that they handled the first round poorly, thus the reason for the second bout. Though I do feel bad for those who did not get one and I feel extremely lucky that I did, I feel Pepsi did all of they could to give everyone a fair chance. They gave us a date, a time, plenty of heads-up, and though they did not give the exact ordering address, they did strongly suggest that Amazon was the place to buy them, not to mention that it was the same selling partner they used before! I was able to find the link on my own with a little looking and I was able to get a bottle. I assume they did this so that nobody could set up the bots (which clearly seemed to work by the number of RPF members that were able to get one). What else would you have Pepsi do? They want to keep this limited so unfortunately not everyone got one, but if that is your complaint, that isn't Pepsi's fault. If I wouldn't have got one this time around, at least I felt that Pepsi tried to do the right thing.

I'm pissed because I had a U.S. address, it was in my cart, and Amazon wouldn't let me process because my credit card is Canadian. Makes 0 sense. I had complained the first time around to Amazon and they told me it was probably a bug.Guess what, it's not.

I think it's more the fact the site crashed Funky Jedi. They knew they were going to expect "huge" amounts of traffic, so they should have been aware of this and able to keep the site up. Unfortunately for the majority of people the pepsi site crashed and got stuck with a blank white loading page. By the time it had actually loaded, the stock was once again sold out. Fortunately I got the link before Pepsi had even posted it on their twitter account so we had a major advantage over a number of people. The other downside was from Amazon's point of view in which they didn't accept some USA addresses, even though they were clearly located in America. Then I suppose for others who don't even live in America are even more upset as they didn't even have a chance to even try and get one at all.

No one should be too down hearted though, these things happen and at the end of the day there are far worser things in this life than missing out on a Pepsi bottle, so be thankful for that and keep smiling :)

I can't really complain( maybe a little) yes I paid over the odds on eBay but at least I can say I own one be it not accurate but still a collectable release :)

WOHOO! I got a hotel room for SDCC! Oh wait... :p

I think most peoples beef was Pepsi knew it was going to be a big thing so they should've planed for the traffic like Snowfire said.

I think it's more the fact the site crashed Funky Jedi. They knew they were going to expect "huge" amounts of traffic, so they should have been aware of this and able to keep the site up. Unfortunately for the majority of people the pepsi site crashed and got stuck with a blank white loading page. By the time it had actually loaded, the stock was once again sold out. Fortunately I got the link before Pepsi had even posted it on their twitter account so we had a major advantage over a number of people. The other downside was from Amazon's point of view in which they didn't accept some USA addresses, even though they were clearly located in America. Then I suppose for others who don't even live in America are even more upset as they didn't even have a chance to even try and get one at all.

No one should be too down hearted though, these things happen and at the end of the day there are far worser things in this life than missing out on a Pepsi bottle, so be thankful for that and keep smiling :)[/QUOTe

well put we are all freaking Pepsi crazy!!! And yes there are more important things in life!!

WOHOO! I got a hotel room for SDCC! Oh wait... :p

I think most peoples beef was Pepsi knew it was going to be a big thing so they should've planed for the traffic like Snowfire said.

Well how do you do that? Build more servers? They're not going to do that for a 2-minute spike in traffic. I (and prob most people on here) are not IT experts so for all we know they had their site and servers doing all they could at max capacity. It couldn't handle the traffic and lagged/crashed. No one can predict what they need and I and likely few here would know specifically what they could've done to prevent it. I agree with Snowfire stop the speculation and bashing, sign a petition out there if you want to try to get another release, and keep smiling :)

Well how do you do that? Build more servers? They're not going to do that for a 2-minute spike in traffic. I (and prob most people on here) are not IT experts so for all we know they had their site and servers doing all they could at max capacity. It couldn't handle the traffic and lagged/crashed. No one can predict what they need and I and likely few here would know specifically what they could've done to prevent it. I agree with Snowfire stop the speculation and bashing, sign a petition out there if you want to try to get another release, and keep smiling :)

I am a front-end guy with atrophying back-end experience but for a single page that just has a link, they could've solved this for $5 + a reasonable budget for the traffic in that 2 minute spike by putting the damn thing on amazon s3 as a static page.

there's no point to obsessing over it, but someone screwed up. Let's accept and move on.

Now, anyone want to trade the one I'm getting at the end of December for a 'Gang Jailed' paper? :)

From what I read on Twitter and the comments section of Amazon, there are still a lot of people that got shut out. Yes, Pepsi was more forthcoming about the time they would go on sale, but they were still vague about who their online partner was. There was also an implication that said partner would only be accessible through the Pepsi website, which buckled under the barrage of web traffic. Then, assuming you found your way to Amazon in time, you were lucky if it didn't glitch out.

Mainly though, you still have a demand out there. 13,000 wasn't enough. As mentioned before, an open pre-sale would have been the way to go. Take an unlimited number of orders, fulfill orders, rake in the cash. Everybody who wants one gets one, the scalper market is eliminated (at least while they're in production), Pepsi profits, everyone wins.

Last edited:
I didn't say that was my opinion, please reread my post. I'm saying I think that was most peoples "beef." I have no idea. I was just speculating on his question.

I find it funny that most of the people who got a bottle are so chipper and feel everything went well and Pepsi handled it great . Lets let everyone have there own feelings bad or good seriously . The money Pepsi has made on PR alone should justify doing a limited run of a few months in stores no this petition BS to get another 6k like they are doing us a favor .

My issue was that I was not allowed to order because Amazon could not ship to my address in NY, even tho I have ordered hundreds of items from them to the same address over the years. I was this ~~><~~ close.

I'm pissed because I had a U.S. address, it was in my cart, and Amazon wouldn't let me process because my credit card is Canadian. Makes 0 sense. I had complained the first time around to Amazon and they told me it was probably a bug.Guess what, it's not.

So even with my bongous address, I couldn't have ordered it, because I have Belgian Visa Card ? :wacko:confused

Also, why a US only release ?

Aren't there any fans in Europe ?
Oh, wait.
Guess what, there are !!!:facepalm

A Pepsi Perfect bottle made by Pepsi, would have been cool,
but if they make it that difficult to get...:angry

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back