Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

Thanks EmmaInCandyland !

I still think the Argentina version has a slight edge as far as being close to the correct shape, but with thicker plastic and not too large in scale compared to the too-thin and too-large Mexico version. The Mexico version may be juuuuuust a little more accurate in shape than the Argentina version.

That Just Geek bottle likely has cap envy when it poses next to the others. That's a TINY cap!

And I think it's hilarious that the official Pepsi version is the most inaccurate.

Last edited:
To anyone who has bought the JustGeek bottles. If you're planning to drink out of these

be careful.

Now in my opinion, the JustGeek bottle is the most fun to drink out of. The inside of the cap features a (silicone?) ring that acts as a seal when closed onto the lid, and there's another piece on the top of the cap too that relieves pressure. Because of those, this baby holds carbonation MUCH better than your average soda bottle. A little too good. Every time you flip open the straw, it sounds like you just opened a soda bottle for the first time.

Well last week, I filled up the empty bottle with ice cold Pepsi, and put it back in my fridge for the bottle to cool down some more. After a couple hours or so, I took it out and had a sip or two. I then closed the straw and placed it on my desk where it sat for another 2 hours. After those two hours, the temperature of my soda had risen up to room temperature (around 21C/70F). The gases that were once cool, had now warmed up and expanded, and wanted to expand took the path of least resistance: the straw.

The moment I flipped open the straw, the bottle erupted like a geyser. Spraying me in the face, the eyes, and getting Pepsi onto my monitor, keyboard, and desk. Two of the keys on my mechanical keyboard are sticky, so the entire thing may need to be replaced.

This probably is why the wide US-Pepsi release did not feature a built-in straw. Next time I am going to twist open the cap first, before the straw.

While I love drinking out of this bottle, unfortunately, it is made out of Plastic #1; which is only considered for one-time use. The plastic is porous, which means it will start to harbor bacteria after you've drank from it the first time. The plastic may also leach due to cleaning chemicals, or due to prolonged use. I wish it were made out of Plastic #5 which is what the reusable plastic cups and sports bottles are made out of. If a replica could be made out of Plastic #5, or even glass, then it would be perfect.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back