Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I can smooth that out in Illustrator if you'd like.

Are all four spirals identical?

Nick

Here you go. I havent used illustrator in years.

I'm sure all the spirals differ between all the bikes, this was the best pic I could find of it. Which is kind of why I was thinking we should consider a true spiral or take something from Burton's book. He has tons of spirals in there.

i got the skirts yesterday, they'll need a tiny bit of bondo over the spot welds, also they need holes drilled for mounting, we decided to do it this way because not everyones setup is exactly the same. i'll mock up a set asap so you guys can see.

Last edited:
Turns out there is more fitting and grinding involved, I happen to have three different schwinn fenders that seem correct, and it looks like the skirts will need some sort of notching for clearance, So if you have a grinder you should be able to fit them. Part of the issue is the tire area, the other part is the brake arm on the left side. Then you'll also will need to drill the holes for mounting.

On the spinner discs, I'm going to have to punch the hole a bit larger at work to make them spin properly.

The spot welding burned through on some, leaving some tiny .125" or smaller holes, they can easily be filled with some filler.

I'm fitting a set today so, I'll post some pics later.

Here are an initial fitment, We added a "L" shaped panel on each edge of the skirt, the only thing is that we didn't have great images to see where they start and ended. So I had to do some notching and cutting. I'll make a drawing for the people that purchase them so they have an idea where to cut.

Also you can see on the left hand skirt, if it were to be cut down from the top a bit less material will need to be cut on the bottom. Also past about the 90 degree mark on the fender you won't be able to see because the saddle bags.

I'll PM you if you asked about them. For a shipping cost and total.

Last edited:
I finished up the new spiral in Illustrator.

Here's the new spiral in yellow on top of the photo and next to the first version.

attachment.php

It's pretty spot on now with only a few "idealizations" done to it. The main one being that in the original the stripe get super thin and run around the edge for a few more inches from where I stopped it. If this were cut from vinyl sticker material this edge would be very weak and probably and be prone to pealing or rolling off.

I think all the spirals were made with the same stencil. Check out this bike. They have the spiral spinning in the other direction but it's identical.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attached are two Illustrator files. One called Red Spiral which is just the outline for the red spiral. The other is has the white circle under neath and the black dot showing the center like in the graphic above.

Do we have a definitive size for the circle?

Nick

That's what I did, I used a stencil. It turned out good. But chips way to much. I had to touch it up Four five times. I think a vinyl sticker eventally might peel, but maybe some hodgepodge might tack that down

Also I'd thought I'd post this up for perusal.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I found these images on Ebay a while ago but sadly didn't win them. They seem to be from the photography session that was used to make the poster image.

Pretty cool, huh?

What's that sign say?

attachment.php

nick

Last edited:
Cool pics Nick, I missed an auction that had one other image of the bike I never seen before, then I couldn't even find the action again.
Guys the spirals are sided, the left side spiral is different from the right side.
BTW, if you have the spirals cut on white vinyl, can you add the detail pinstripes into the file and get them all cut at the same time?

I still say it's the same spiral on both sides.

I went through my screencaps and here are the best shot of the left side spiral disks.

attachment.php

It matches with the same design copied from the right side of the two museum bikes and from the screencaps of onscreen rightside spirals.

Again you can see though sometimes the spiral swirls clockwise and sometimes counter-clockiwise depending on the shot/bike.

Nick

BTW, if you have the spirals cut on white vinyl, can you add the detail pinstripes into the file and get them all cut at the same time?

Thats a good idea Abe.

I got the spinner discs and the skirts from Abe the other day guys. Abe and Ed have really been doing a great job on research, and on production of some of the harder to make items. I hope you guys are taking advantage of this, I'm pretty sure he has some of the skirts that people here may have said they wanted.

I took the bike out to a group ride at the beach yesterday, I had just put the discs on, and one of the skirts, the primer was still drying on it when I left the house, lol.

IMG_2040-small.JPG

spinner.JPG

skirt.JPG

This was scary. A lot of time and money depending on some flimsy straps.
rack.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back