Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

so in effect you could have four differant PW bikes and be accurate..the original movie poster one that appears to just have a stock jeweled tiger siren and super rocket ray..the movie poster one that appears to have the bags airbrushed on and before mentioned parts ..the opening sequence stripped down tour le france bike or the actual done up james bond style X1..

Last edited:
so in effect you could have four differant PW bikes and be accurate..the original movie poster one that appears to just have a stock jeweled tiger siren and super rocket ray..the movie poster one that appears to have the bags airbrushed on and before mentioned parts ..the opening sequence stripped down tour le france bike or the actual done up james bond style X1..
Your correct!
There are many and this has been argued...

original movie poster

current movie poster

opening sequence bike- apparently this was the most similar to PW's studio bike.

reveal hero bike- coming out of the hidden door

tarzan bike- older DX frame, springer

rear rocket bike- bags are different

rear oil nozzle bike

snow bike at the studio, that one I noticed the large mirror is different.

there two difference bikes when they should bike riding up close, you can see the back box position and the red tubing is diffrent from shot to shot.

some of these bike can be one in the same, on one of the articles published it was said 12 bikes were built for this.

yeah the BMW X1 in the movie within the movie.

you can also throw in all the current bikes he's used in TV show appearances, if we are not coun't "in movie bikes"

ya thats a lot of bikes..is that a dx frame in the Tarzan scene? i have the press promo pics showing that and i noticed it almost looked like a mountain bike frame and nothing appears to fit right on it..was looking at it one day and realized its not even the right bike.

I thought it was an early DX with the lower bar that is straight. but yeah you could be right a different frame altogether. "Stunt bike"

Yeah it's funny of all the inconsistencies the cover jack and poster both have to its actual counterpart. But from what I remember his bike in the dream sequence was more accurate to the poster. I think it was just an empty frame with out a tank or bags or nothing.

That tattoo is way better!

From what I've read, the cover artwork of the DVD/movie poster was also not even Paul Ruebens. I heard it was a body double that they later pasted pee-wees head over. Kinda bummed me out for some reason when I heard that...

Last edited:
ya that is a bummer and weird? for my compass i painted a worm clamp same color as my frame and then went thru compass bracket and around frame tube..screw is correct but i just had a bad feeling about drilling a hole in a frame from the 40s..when the horn tank is on you really have to look at it to notice. just giving another option.

Last edited:
wanted to post up a kinda how to on building the rear cases..or Pee wee style cases. these wont open but will give you the look..im sure that ther are better ways to do this but this is how i do them..with some work modifications and hollowing you could make them open if you like.. feel free to add better ways or optional materials. you will need.
2x4 hardwood carb cert sheet about 1/4 inch think. posterboard for templates..green floral blocks from arts craft store..elmers style white glue. hot glue gun.. 150 and 36 grit sandpaper and block. fiberglass resin and bondo.

make your templates with the posterboard then transfer to the wood..cut using a jig saw. i made a 3 dimensional shape using all the templates added together then hot glued to hold the pieces together..you can also notch them like a puzzle to help

take the floral blocks and elmers..apply a thin layer of glue to blocks and glue them to your wooden template..be sure that you stack them so the foam extends past your template.

you will end up with something like this..allow a few days for the glue to dry..take a hacksaw blade and the following outside your template to give you room. trim the foam into a rough shape..dont take off to much foam and keep your cuts straight..also its a good idea to wear a mask. the foam dust will get all over you.

then using the 36 grit paper knock the foam down into a closer rough shape of the case..once close use the sanding block and 150 to final round and even out the shape..the foam will knock down like butter and even your fingers will take it off..again wear a mask and keep fans etc away unless you want everything covered in the foam dust..keep goin until the shape is to your likeing..then step away come back after a while and re anilyze the shape and for high spots

once i was happy with my shape..i used masking tape as a lid line..i know the original case opended up and had a kinda poor fitting lid.here using a knife and hacksaw blade i replicated a lid. now since my case wont open i will also have to install my fin with screws from above into the wooden backbone..use a shop vac to suck the green dust from the exterior..dont worry about spaces between the blocks or cracks you will fill them later..now from this point i coat the entire thing in layers of fiberglass resin using cheap disposable paint brushes..once the resin is dry you can knock down any high spots or elmers glue that is sticking out. i will post next steps soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back