Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Hi Turk,
If you want to use a bright schwinn red, one of the guys on the thecabe.com sells reproduction Schwinn paint, it's pricey but in a can, real nice paint though. He also sells the primer in that can.
I am going two routes, I'm doing one frame with bright red gloss lacquer and my second one a Dupont bright red gloss.
I am also working on a Dottie bike so it will get the nicer Dupont paint.

The key is in the primer, I use canned self etching primer, then spray filler primer, then watersand that down and respray any burn through. Then paint the base color.

Your siren sound alittle different the my two other tiger heads. I wonder why that is. It reminds me of those old laser guns that had Five various sound effects

Interesting. What does your siren sound like? The movie only showed it used as a PA, so the sound effects are all icing as far as I'm concerned.

I'm a loner Pee-Wee. A Rebel!
This is awesome, I've always wanted this bike - as a matter of fact, I think it was the very first "prop" I ever dreamed about owning!

Guys I wish I could program a sound chip and pop it in, basically I'm using the yellow or purple bicycle sirens. Also note that the jumbo housing didn't have the microphone it came with the button and three sound effects. It was a must to have the microphone work.
If we did a chip I would put bike sound effects like the rockets, handlebar pull sound, maybe a tiger roar. I haven't ruled this out as an upgrade.

Casket- nice find on the signal stats. I may have a single yellow, PM and I'll look.

Guys I wish I could program a sound chip and pop it in, basically I'm using the yellow or purple bicycle sirens. Also note that the jumbo housing didn't have the microphone it came with the button and three sound effects. It was a must to have the microphone work.
If we did a chip I would put bike sound effects like the rockets, handlebar pull sound, maybe a tiger roar. I haven't ruled this out as an upgrade.

Casket- nice find on the signal stats. I may have a single yellow, PM and I'll look.

A sound chip would be great. Maybe one them could be Pee Wee's Infamous
roar AAAAaaaarrrhh!! Regardless love this idea!

my original design was gonna be to have a speaker and ipod hook up inside my bondo tiger siren, then i could blast quotes from the movie like la la LA LA la la! or others..and you could play the soundtrack also..you know cause nothing would be cooler than a dude peddling by on a PW bike with ding ding ding ding dana dana blasting away.. so Abe your siren has the same effects as mine also since we both used a super siren?

I agree! The sounds just make them even cooler.
I guess mine are just alittle more annoying, maybe just faster.
Like a barrage of sounds pulsating in high frequencies. You'd definitely would
jump out of the way if you heard it blazing down the street.

Also I saw this on ebay if anyone need Signal stats!
International Harvester IH Cab clearance marker light signal-stat | eBay

I just need to get an get an orange lens

I actually have a few orange ones as well. If Abe doesnt have one, shoot me a PM too and I'll send one of mine.

Anyone have an extra set of fenders they are looking to sell? I have been looking all over and can't seem to find them.

Thanks

Any of you have experience with restoring chrome? Found a local rechroming guy that wants to charge $110 to rechrome all of this. Seems very steep. Any recommendations?

Why bother? The sprocket and crank are incorrect anyway, and the bottom bearing bracket can be changed for a new one very cheaply. As for the kickstand and seat post clamp, I would either polish them up, or paint them silver.

Any of you have experience with restoring chrome? Found a local rechroming guy that wants to charge $110 to rechrome all of this. Seems very steep. Any recommendations?

yeah seems steep, your probably better off buying nice chrome parts and selling those.

Yeah, The only thing you really need is the frame and fenders. Most everything else you can find on eBay. Sell that stuff there too recoup some of your costs for new parts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back